wake hung in there so what.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

wake hung in there so what.

yes wake hung on and did not get the win big deal.i still say wake is
    all done.but do not get me wrong i like the guy but i think he has
    had enough.the sox hit the crap out of the ball and it is a good thing
    because wake would really kill them.i like him but last nite o m g.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: wake hung in there so what.

In Response to wake hung in there so what.:
    yes wake hung on and did not get the win big deal.i still say wake is all done.but do not get me wrong i like the guy but i think he has had enough.the sox hit the crap out of the ball and it is a good thing because wake would really kill them.i like him but last nite o m g.
    Posted by soxyjim

How old are you, 6?  What mature adult actually types O M...see a can't even do it.  I can hear you now in meetings say, "OMG! Sales are robust this quarter!  Let's all go to Cancun."

By the way, Wake gave up 3 runs in 7 innings last night.  I'd take it every time.  What game were you watching?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lol.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Good game despite the errors.  Bad luck for Wake--7 innings and 3 ER's not too shabby.  But can it be a tragedy when the Sox win?  Beckett has pitched way better than Wake without getting many wins, and Beckett was key to the second WS in 2007.  I'm rooting for Wake, but not obsessing about it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: wake hung in there so what.:
    Good game despite the errors.  Bad luck for Wake--7 innings and 3 ER's not too shabby.  But can it be a tragedy when the Sox win?  Beckett has pitched way better than Wake without getting many wins, and Beckett was key to the second WS in 2007.  I'm rooting for Wake, but not obsessing about it. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

It isn't a tragedy, but someone going for his 200th win is always a subplot to a game and many people would like to know if Wake managed to somehow scrap out the win. The title on the blog lets viewers know he didn't, the title of the main article lets viewers know the Sox won. If I was in charge of BDC I'd want that handled exactly as it was, get the most information out as quickly as possible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Posted by maxbialystock

Should have been only 1 ER. Crawford should have been given an error on Kubel's fly ball. Apparently CC doesn't know what a warning track is for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

In Response to Re: wake hung in there so what. : Should have been only 1 ER. Crawford should have been given an error on Kubel's fly ball. Apparently CC doesn't know what a warning track is for.
    Posted by Alibiike

crawford is going to be a hard player to really like over the next 6+ years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: wake hung in there so what. : crawford is going to be a hard player to really like over the next 6+ years.
    Posted by -theyazzer-

Nope.  Going to be easy to like.  Great guy.  hard worker.  Exciting.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I thought Crawford should have had it, but agree with the no error call. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Lost on almost every one was the fact that Wake pitched 7 valuable innings last night and gave our middle guys a blow after a tough series with the Yank's...He pitched well enough to keep us in the ball game, and was fortunate that we scored 8...End of the day, he didn't pitch well, they square up a lot balls on him and though we didn't play stellar behind him he also did.nt miss a ton of bats...

As for the earned vs unearned runs allowed...I'd say Crawford's was definately an error bottom line is you gotta catch that ball! conversly, it's hard for me to give Salty an error on the play at the plate, first off it looked like the runner was safe before he lost the ball and secondly the throw was off line and he had to dive just to make a play on the runner.

Wake's quest for 200 will happen soon enough...Francona and the offense gave him a shot last night, in the end we'll take the win and today we're in better shape to compete becasue Wake gave us 7 and we enter play with a rested middle relief corp...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from deroty. Show deroty's posts

yes wake hung on and did not get the win big deal.i still say wake is all done.but do not get me wrong i like the guy but i think he has had enough.the sox hit the crap out of the ball and it is a good thing because wake would really kill them.i like him but last nite o m g.
    Posted by soxyjim

Where did you go to school - or did you?  Maybe you fell asleep during grammar class.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Lost on almost every one was the fact that Wake pitched 7 valuable innings last night and gave our middle guys a blow after a tough series with the Yank's...He pitched well enough to keep us in the ball game, and was fortunate that we scored 8...End of the day, he didn't pitch well, they square up a lot balls on him and though we didn't play stellar behind him he also did.nt miss a ton of bats... As for the earned vs unearned runs allowed...I'd say Crawford's was definately an error bottom line is you gotta catch that ball! conversly, it's hard for me to give Salty an error on the play at the plate, first off it looked like the runner was safe before he lost the ball and secondly the throw was off line and he had to dive just to make a play on the runner. Wake's quest for 200 will happen soon enough...Francona and the offense gave him a shot last night, in the end we'll take the win and today we're in better shape to compete becasue Wake gave us 7 and we enter play with a rested middle relief corp...
    Posted by Beantowne

Not lost on everyone beantowne.  Just lost on those with a hard-on to trash Wakefield.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

I was hoping Tito would put Bard in to preserve the lead for Wake...but Tito chose Aceves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanwest. Show soxfanwest's posts

Posted by soxyjim

This team offense was put together to do just that [hit the crap out of the ball].  Tell me, whats more of a let down, Wake giving up 3 earned runs in 7 innings or this team scoring less than 5 runs every night.
    His last two outings gave his team more than enough to win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I was hoping Tito would put Bard in to preserve the lead for Wake...but Tito chose Aceves.
    Posted by walk2run

No reason not to, except that he pitched the night before. But Francona has used Bard consecutive nights many times. If Bard had pitched the 9th instead of the 10th Sunday, you can be sure he would have been in there.
    Francona is a bonehead.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I like Aceves when he comes into a game in the 7th, so he can also go the 8th and possibly the 9th. I don't think he is as good an option in a 1-inning setting, and I think he's a godsend for his ability to pitch long relief. He does better in long relief situations.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: wake hung in there so what. : Should have been only 1 ER. Crawford should have been given an error on Kubel's fly ball. Apparently CC doesn't know what a warning track is for.
    Posted by Alibiike

Bard already leads the AL in holds--by a bunch--and is second in games pitched and, of those with over 40 games pitched, second in innings pitched with 53.  And, if I'm not mistaken, Bard recently gave up dingers in two different games.  Aceves was a good choice, but couldn't deliver. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: wake hung in there so what. : Not lost on everyone beantowne.  Just lost on those with a hard-on to trash Wakefield.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

there ya go space! it really makes me scratch my head sometimes....and there seems to be quite a few folks in here that do that. but you know this group. equal opportunity trashing of (fill in the blank) on a daily basis win, lose or draw. never satisfied. never happy. were in 1st place for cripes sake and I'm still reading negitive junk.

well old pal, my attitude is to get a nice 6 pack of tall ones and root for erik bedard tonight and hope he gets his first W in a sox uniform.
    GO SOX.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Poster is correct. Cue Moonslow long stat snipets excluding Wakefield's 5 plus ERA over 2 years.

Wakefield makes 35 year old Drew look like Babe Ruth.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: wake hung in there so what. : there ya go space! it really makes me scratch my head sometimes....and there seems to be quite a few folks in here that do that. but you know this group. equal opportunity trashing of (fill in the blank) on a daily basis win, lose or draw. never satisfied. never happy. were in 1st place for cripes sake and I'm still reading negitive junk. well old pal, my attitude is to get a nice 6 pack of tall ones and root for erik bedard tonight and hope he gets his first W in a sox uniform. GO SOX.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Its beyond me Hammah.  How can a true Sox fan not appreciate what a lunchpail guy like Wake has given to this club, and his great baseball story?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Is Aceves the luckiest man in baseball or what? 

The guy had a 14 - 1 record as a Yankee...

An 8 - 1 record as a Sox, for 22 - 2 lifetime???

Someone made a deal with the devil.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

My favorite baseball stories are privileged people born to private wealth who succeed despite bigotry in a low economic class Big Labor business.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

My favorite baseball stories are privileged people born to private wealth who succeed despite bigotry in a low economic class Big Labor business.
    Posted by softylaw

This makes absolutely no sense.  Zero.  

Sections
Shortcuts