Wake or Aceves?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Wake or Aceves?

If Wake and Aceves each get another start before Lackey is ready and each pitches like they did this weekend, who should stay in the rotation with Lackey -- Wakefield or Aceves.

I say Wakefield because Aceves is more valuable in the bullpen and has pitched well in that role. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Wake or Aceves?

You are inviting trouble.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I think it depends too much on how they pitch in their next start.  How does Aceves handle the increased pitch count?  Can Wake still compete against AL teams (looked great against the Cubs tonight, a team who hasn't seen much of Wake).

Aceves certainly has more value in the pen than Wake does, but he may also be the better option in the rotation.

It's certainly a good question to have though, great starts by both this weekend.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Wake or Aceves?:
    [QUOTE]I think it depends too much on how they pitch in their next start.  How does Aceves handle the increased pitch count?  Can Wake still compete against AL teams (looked great against the Cubs tonight, a team who hasn't seen much of Wake). Aceves certainly has more value in the pen than Wake does, but he may also be the better option in the rotation. It's certainly a good question to have though, great starts by both this weekend.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree the next starts will be key. If they both pitch like they did this weekend, it really will be a good problem to have.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

I am only involved with this savoring this game at the moment. Why not enjoy it without presenting a future problem?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgtnull. Show sgtnull's posts

i belive they go with the hot hand. eventually Lackey comes back. and Dice K will come back to frustrate all of us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]I am only involved with this savoring this game at the moment. Why not enjoy it without presenting a future problem?
    Posted by Babe-Ted[/QUOTE]

I'm multi-tasking.

I'm watching the game.

Savoring the moment.

Posting on this thread.

Drinking a beer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Both: let one pitch 4-5 and the other go 4-5 and finish up...

or

Both and put Lackey in the pen until he earns his slot back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

[QUOTE]I am only involved with this savoring this game at the moment. Why not enjoy it without presenting a future problem?
    Then why don't you go savor it with someone else? There's a world outside of trolling the internet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake or Aceves? : Then why don't you go savor it with someone else? There's a world outside of trolling the internet.
    Posted by StatsFromLouie[/QUOTE]

The word "trolling" is not permitted in here anymore. For your sake I hope that the moderator did not monitor this thread.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake or Aceves? : The word "trolling" is not permitted in here anymore. For your sake I hope that the moderator did not monitor this thread.
    It's only taboo becaue you used it three times in every post.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

The verdict seems to be in since nearly everyone now has you on ignore and we are all thankful for that. BDC is at a loss due to a decrease in traffic but better times are ahead. I suggest that you find another forum to troll in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Pike kills another thread.
    The projected trouble weighs in.
    Only Softy is keeping this from coming full-circle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

[QUOTE]The verdict seems to be in since nearly everyone now has you on ignore and we are all thankful for that. BDC is at a loss due to a decrease in traffic but better times are ahead. I suggest that you find another forum to troll in.
    We? If you have me on ignore, how can you reply to me?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]Pike kills another thread. The projected trouble weighs in. Only Softy is keeping this from coming full-circle.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

ells-lowrie and now wake,softy must be ready for the gas pipe!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

In all seriousness, give the job to Wakefield if he's performing well. Give him a chance to reach 200 victories. Don't be heartless, Red Sox fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from takavl. Show takavl's posts

Wake, 'cause he's a starter, and if he's on his game can go deep into the game.  Aceves hasn't done that (before Sat.) for two years...and then he hit two peeps.  One in the face.

If Wake hits a batter with a flutterball, they just shrug it off.  Then they swing and miss, if he's on.  Aceves is better at short relief...

Plus now, if the Globe reporting is accurate, Salty "likes" catching Wake.  Think about that for a moment.  (VMart was good, but did he "like" catching Wake?  Cashy?  Mirabelli?  Maybe Salty's finally getting his groove on with batting.)  Then remember those couple of games where Tek and Aceves gave each other side eyes and nasty looks...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

If you had to pick right now I'd probably go with Wakefield because Aceves is a more useful pitcher in the bullpen. Now that assumes that the guys have similar bodies of work at the time the decision has to made.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

ells-lowrie and now wake,softy must be ready for the gas pipe!

It's his worst nightmare come true.

Maybe in his next incarnation he will pretend he's been a Jed, Jake and Wake fan since birth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I think Moon had the best suggestion.  Keep them both in the rotation and let Lackey earn his way back.

Just looking at Aceves frightens me.  With his supposed psychological make-up, putting him back in the pen after a real good outing could be devastating to his fragile ego.  But, Lackey has his ego problems also.....I guess they all do.  So, I guess it doesn't make a difference.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Lackey needs a fire lit under his you know what. Aceves and Wake are pitching well...leave em be.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Exactly!  If the clock ain't broke, don't fix it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Lackey will be returned to the rotation when he's ready.  Unless the Sox come up with someone better for mid-relief, Aceves makes the most sense. If Wake goes on a roll, let him start.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think that is what Tito will do.