Wake or Aceves?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

Re: Wake or Aceves?

I can't believe that aceves has been a member of the red flops for such a short time and has already turned into a bean ball punk.

Here's to hoping byrd makes a swift recovery.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

As usually happens, circumstances will probably dictate how to solve the issue.  If they both pitch well, Lackey may need a rehab start or 2 to let the other two stay on a roll.  If all else fails and all three are pitching well(good problem to have), then aceves probably goes to the pen...

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

In Response to Re: Wake or Aceves?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake or Aceves? : Pipe down, toolbox. Worry about your own crappy team.

Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

You mean that "crappy" team that's ahead of your team?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In Response to Wake or Aceves?:
    [QUOTE]If Wake and Aceves each get another start before Lackey is ready and each pitches like they did this weekend, who should stay in the rotation with Lackey -- Wakefield or Aceves. I say Wakefield because Aceves is more valuable in the bullpen and has pitched well in that role. 
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Both!  If and when Lackey and/or Dice K get back put them in the BP, but obviously that will not happen as both Lackey and Dice K are getting the big bucks from Theo via Mr Henry.  Wake looked awesome yesterday and Aceves also looked good.  IF Wake and Aceves can be somewhat consistent in their performance, as time will only tell, then it could be an awesome starting 5.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

First and foremost, before even winning, I am a Red Sox fan. And as a Sox fan I want to see Wake get out there every fifth night and break that record. Wake will have his on days and have his off days, but at least Tito has the sense to pull him the moment he looks off. As is, I'd rather see Beckett, Lester, Buch, Lacky, Wake than Beckett, Lester, Buch, Lacky, Dice. Sure either way we aren't 100% sure what we're gonna get from that number five slot day in and day out. But at least I love Wakefield.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake or Aceves? : You mean that "crappy" team that's ahead of your team?
    Posted by --The--Babe--1[/QUOTE]

'Ignore'

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Wake or Aceves?:
    [QUOTE]If Wake and Aceves each get another start before Lackey is ready and each pitches like they did this weekend, who should stay in the rotation with Lackey -- Wakefield or Aceves. I say Wakefield because Aceves is more valuable in the bullpen and has pitched well in that role. 
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Makes sense to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake or Aceves? : 'Ignore'

Posted by ampoule[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm so hurt!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]First and foremost, before even winning, I am a Red Sox fan. And as a Sox fan I want to see Wake get out there every fifth night and break that record. Wake will have his on days and have his off days, but at least Tito has the sense to pull him the moment he looks off. As is, I'd rather see Beckett, Lester, Buch, Lacky, Wake than Beckett, Lester, Buch, Lacky, Dice. Sure either way we aren't 100% sure what we're gonna get from that number five slot day in and day out. But at least I love Wakefield.
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Are you implying that your blind loyalty to Wakefield makes you a better Red Sox fan than an objective fan without such blind loyalties? This would be good material for a thread.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]I can't believe that aceves has been a member of the red flops for such a short time and has already turned into a bean ball punk. Here's to hoping byrd makes a swift recovery.

Didn't take Joba too long to fill that role for the Yanks either....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake or Aceves? : Are you implying that your blind loyalty to Wakefield makes you a better Red Sox fan than an objective fan without such blind loyalties? This would be good material for a thread.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

I wasn't really thinking in those terms, I was just thinking how as long as I've been a fan of this team, Wakefeild's been pitching on it. So there's no one else who's worn the uniform that I'd like to see in that top spot more than him, for me, that's something to cheer just as hard for as team success.

I love the uniform, but I love the people who don the uniform as well.

EDIT: I guess I did say "first and foremost" but which is more important to me I didn't really think of.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake or Aceves? : Didn't take Joba too long to fill that role for the Yanks either....

Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Try taking a look over the last 15 years or so and see who has plunked more batters. And then look at just Yanks vs the sawx and tell me what you come up with.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake or Aceves? : Try taking a look over the last 15 years or so and see who has plunked more batters. And then look at just Yanks vs the sawx and tell me what you come up with.
     The last 15 years or so?Really?Do you expect Pedro to plunk Bernie Williams the next Boston/NY series?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake or Aceves? :  The last 15 years or so?Really?Do you expect Pedro to plunk Bernie Williams the next Boston/NY series?

Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

No, but I was just pointing out how lopsided it is and has been for quite some time. Although Girardi does let his pitchers get retribution moreso than Torre did. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

wake

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

[QUOTE]wake
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    ??? geo, next thing you know you'll be voting republican..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

lol pelosi

wake in his present role can play another 5 years...he does need to lose a few pounds however- but a start here, a long relief there...a week off....i have no problem with that and hope he stays long enough to break Clemens record

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I say rotate them.  Let one pitch and if he's good let him go 6-7 innings, if he is stinking up the place take em out in the 2nd third.

I mean we've been pretty much (until now) wasting a roster space with Wakefield, so it's not like it could hurt. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I mean we've been pretty much (until now) wasting a roster space with Wakefield, so it's not like it could hurt. 

Wake is 6th in IP and may be up to 4th in a couple weeks. He's started 3 games, but the relief innings have been almost all "mop up". If Wake didn't pitch those innings, someone else would have and They might havebeen worn out by it.

Hopefull, Tito will have more confidence in Wake and allow him to find a groove by pitching him in a consistent manner.

(I'm not holding my breath)

Sections
Shortcuts