Wake should get number "200" tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Wake should get number "200" tonight

If our offense is on Wake will come away with his 200th tonight, even if he gives up 5 or 6 runs.  Hopefully he pitches better but either way I'm banking on a win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Wake should get number "200" tonight

In Response to Wake should get number "200" tonight:
    [QUOTE]If our offense is on Wake will come away with his 200th tonight, even if he gives up 5 or 6 runs.  Hopefully he pitches better but either way I'm banking on a win.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope that he does get # 200 win tonight.  He has attempted this already several times this season.  It would be great to finally see him accomplish it.  I also believe that he may retire after the season and only wanted to continue playing so that he could get 200 wins.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Wake should get number "200" tonight:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Wake should get number "200" tonight : I certainly hope that he does get # 200 win tonight.  He has attempted this already several times this season.  It would be great to finally see him accomplish it.  I also believe that he may retire after the season and only wanted to continue playing so that he could get 200 wins.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

You could be right susan. Wakes had a great career but everything must end at some point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

The offense may need to get 10 runs with this guy on the mound.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan23325. Show patsfan23325's posts

i think a lot of wake and his accomplishments, but it's getting more and more painful to watch his games, terry needs to put him in the bullpen to finish the year and then he needs to retire at the end of the year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Wake should get number "200" tonight:
    [QUOTE]If our offense is on Wake will come away with his 200th tonight, even if he gives up 5 or 6 runs.  Hopefully he pitches better but either way I'm banking on a win.

Wake sure isn't pitching like he wants number 200.  Is it just me or should Wake have been pulled by now?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigegg. Show bigegg's posts

He is pitching like a piece of shiiit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Right now it looks like he won't be getting his 200th win again.  If the Red Sox can somehow get the win, he won't be pitching.   He probably is done after this inning. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Right now it looks like he won't be getting his 200th win again.  If the Red Sox can somehow get the win, he won't be pitching.   He probably is done after this inning. 

Why in the world did we allow him to give up 8 runs?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Starting a thread like this is requires a lot of courage or else it is in your job description. Wake fans would love to see him do it but why subject yourself to ridicule by starting such a thread?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake should get number "200" tonight : Why in the world did we allow him to give up 8 runs?

It happened very quickly and no one was warming in the bullpen. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this following 2 weeks ago under "What to do with Wakefield".

Seems an appropriate copy & paste here:

Before I make my suggestion, let me say I’ve always liked Wakefield & still do.  In fact, as a 70’s senior, I tend to root for ALL older athletes.  However, as they say, "Business, is Business”.  He’s tried now 4-5(now 6) times to win # 200.   As a good gesture, I would not pitch him against a low era pitcher(do it vs. Burnett & Yankees) but one from whom we can be expected to hit & give Wake at least 5 runs so that he has a good chance to win # 200.  Then,  either retire him or let him do some relief for a couple of innings.  I believe he can fool teams the first time around but good hitters figure him out and his slow sinking balls can come across as big as a softball the 2nd or 3rd time around. 

Let’s not forget that the “300 club” is among the highest accomplishments a starting pitcher can achieve and only 25 have done it I believe. Some retired  with exactly 300 & a few others right after. It seems that this goal of 200 is a big plum for Wake, the Red Sox & the Fans so let it be and then, let him retire.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Starting a thread like this is requires a lot of courage or else it is in your job description. Wake fans would love to see him do it but why subject yourself to ridicule by starting such a thread?
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Ouch Phil that was hurtful man :(

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake should get number "200" tonight : It happened very quickly and no one was warming in the bullpen. 

It sure did Sue

Sections
Shortcuts