Wake will win #200 tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

Wake will win #200 tonight

wake will win # 200 tonight.  Score 7-2; he'll pitch 7 1/3 innings of great baseball.  Also invest heavily in Nordstroms stock.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Wake will win #200 tonight

Frankn thanx for the stock tip! The sox Magic number is 14 any combination of Sox wins and Angels and Rays losses equaling 14 put the Sox in the playoffs.Catching the yankees will be tricky but can be done,I watched their game until the end this morning and the Umpires are definately trying to help them in the 8th inning Cervelli hit a ball that was interfered with by two Yankees fans as they were reaching out onto the field to catch the flyball,the umps decided to call it a HR even after review,I don't care how good your team is if the Umpirates want a team to win they just make bogus calls against you also Mariano's strike zone is at least 6 inches wider than every other pitcher in the game and i mean to both sides of the plate! Must be nice...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I really hope that Wakefield can accomplish this tonight.  It would be very unfortunate for him if he has wait until next year to accomplish this.  He may also retire after the season if he does get to win  #200. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

GO WAKE. 200 wins is a heck of an accomplishment!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Get her done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

If it means he retires, I hope Wastefield gets "been around too long" personal Interstate mile post. If not, I hope he has a typical 5 plus ERA start and the Red Sox score enough runs to win but Wastefield doesn't get the win and management tells him its over and to retire and ceremony held or they will give him a one way ticket to FL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

In Response to Re: Wake will win #200 tonight:
    [QUOTE]If it means he retires, I hope Wastefield gets "been around too long" personal Interstate mile post. If not, I hope he has a typical 5 plus ERA start and the Red Sox score enough runs to win but Wastefield doesn't get the win and management tells him its over and to retire and ceremony held or they will give him a one way ticket to FL.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

Regardless of what you think about his ability, no one can cast a shadow on his commitment to the team.  Give the man some respect; he's laid it on the line any time the skip has asked and was non-confrontational when he was unceremoniously tossed into the 'pen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Now where have I heard this before?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think he pitches well.  He got a little rest.  He had a really good 3 inning outing last Friday.  I think he has real good outing tonight.

I think he pitches well in his next 2 games and makes a case for being on the post season rotation.  Rather see Wake on the mound than Lackey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Regardless of what you think about his ability, no one can cast a shadow on his commitment to the team.

No one cast a shadow on his disrespect for the game. Hanging around at 45 with a 5 plus ERA for over 2 years and 55 million career earnings takes a gigantic ego and a PR overly concerned management team.

Give the man some respect; he's laid it on the line any time the skip has asked and was non-confrontational when he was unceremoniously tossed into the 'pen.                     

He was never put in the pen, but told he would skip a start and was used in blowout as part of normal scheduled throwing day. If he was demoted to pen for rest of the season, he would throw a passive aggressive fit and say he was going to Rays to pitch if his role wasn't changed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Forget the 200th win.  I just want a good start--at least five innings, preferably seven, and no more than 4 runs, preferably 3 or fewer.  Last time out (Friday night) he went 4 innings and gave up 0 runs.  Wouldn't that be nice? 

The 200th cannot be allowed to overshadow the fact that it's September and the AL East crown is at stake in every game.   I'm a big Wakefield fan, but the team has to come first. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Management has long since coasted and altered schedules and simply hopes to back into Divison homefield via Yankee late meltdown. Yankees are taking their normal approach to the season and are going with normal season protocol and won't coast until division plays out.

Red Sox are in playoffs and playing it out to try and keep or get players healthy for playoffs. They are coasting and going through the motions and playing poor and erratic baseball since last successful long road trip. The plan is to raise the intensity with an October switch, which has never worked in the past. 2004 was red hot and playing for life, and 2007 maintianed a lead into Setember and was able to line pitching up and give rest days over the last week or two of the season.

Frankly, management is starting Wakefield to try and get PR 200 blip. They are aready in exhibition mode and conceding division and if Yankees play a week or two of bad baseball like the Red Sox are currently playing then they will simply take division via backing into it default. They are not paying any attention to trying to win division. If it happens by default, so be it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from neutralned. Show neutralned's posts

200 Wins is nothing to sneeze at.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: Wake will win #200 tonight:
    [QUOTE]Management has long since coasted and altered schedules and simply hopes to back into Divison homefield via Yankee late meltdown. Yankees are taking their normal approach to the season and are going with normal season protocol and won't coast until division plays out. Red Sox are in playoffs and playing it out to try and keep or get players healthy for playoffs. They are coasting and going through the motions and playing poor and erratic baseball since last successful long road trip. The plan is to raise the intensity with an October switch, which has never worked in the past. 2004 was red hot and playing for life, and 2007 maintianed a lead into Setember and was able to line pitching up and give rest days over the last week or two of the season. Frankly, management is starting Wakefield to try and get PR 200 blip. They are aready in exhibition mode and conceding division and if Yankees play a week or two of bad baseball like the Red Sox are currently playing then they will simply take division via backing into it default. They are not paying any attention to trying to win division. If it happens by default, so be it.    
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

You're the presumptive lawyer, so allow me to ask if you have any evidence to support this ridiculous opening statement? 

I see absolutely no evidence of "exhibit mode" or anything like it.  Everybody wants to play.   But injuries happen, and you have to deal with them, not tell the players to play regardless.    Wakefield is starting tonight because the Sox are not knee deep in starters.  If Miller were more consistent, Bedard didn't have a knee problem, Aceves weren't essential to be the crucial long reliever (remember, even Lester has had problems eating innings this year), Lackey were just better, etc, etc Wakefield would not be starting. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

1. Rotation schedule and recent increase in average days off
    2. DL liberal use and Ortiz sitting about a week
    3. Bedard could pitch but is being held out for "precaution"
    4. With roster expansion Aceves isn't essential as reliever
    5. Schilling said he wasn't 100% after age 13
    6. Buch has been pampered on long track
    7. Wastefield has been starting because they could care less about giving inning to more talented youth and are focused on PR of 200 wins and have been coasting conservative more weeks

Just to list a few facts.

Lackey is still in rotation, so that is a bugaboo. Weiland should be getting this start becuase he is more likely to pitch a decent start and it allows the importance process of getting a look and investing innings in developing experienced MLB youth.

The fact that Wastefield is still pitching for Red Sox is an embarrassment to those who run the farm system and those who make decisions on getting young pitchers MLB experience.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

Another fact you are an idiot. Remember Cam should be CFer? Yo sir are a joke.

Sections
Shortcuts