Wake wins 200th. Stops the slide. Sox up by 4 games over Rays.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Wake wins 200th. Stops the slide. Sox up by 4 games over Rays.

Tomorrow's headlines.
    Can somebody please clean up the Wake panic threads off the front page.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Re: Wake wins 200th. Stops the slide. Sox up by 4 games over Rays.

Can somebody please clean up the Wake panic threads off the front page.

seriously whats up with all the bashers

that have to start there own threads

instead of just adding to the other wake bashing thread

makes one wonder if they think their bash is oh so special

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

200 finally!! congrats to Wake..well deserved tribute after the game.

thank you O's!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It's called panic, ZAC. You know, the ole' misery luvs company jazz.

That post game tribute was well earned.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

In Response to Re: Wake wins 200th. Stops the slide. Sox up by 4 games over Rays.:
    It's called panic, ZAC. You know, the ole' misery luvs company jazz. That post game tribute was well earned.
    Posted by harness

200 wins over 19 years is a little over the top in making a big deal of it.  I can see some high fives in the locker room for that but thats about it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Wake wins 200th. Stops the slide. Sox up by 4 games over Rays.:
    In Response to Re: Wake wins 200th. Stops the slide. Sox up by 4 games over Rays. : 200 wins over 19 years is a little over the top in making a big deal of it.  I can see some high fives in the locker room for that but thats about it.
    Posted by Bad-Scene-

Don't underestimate the value of longevity. Aaron and Rose broke immortal records because they were durable.

How many pitchers over the last 30 years have been able to last 19 seasons in the Big Leagues?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

In Response to Re: Wake wins 200th. Stops the slide. Sox up by 4 games over Rays. : Don't underestimate the value of longevity. Aaron and Rose broke immortal records because they were durable. How many pitchers over the last 30 years have ben able to last 19 seasons in the Big Leagues?
    Posted by harness

I know but if he had gotten 300 even 250.  Still its a nice moment for Wakefield.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Wake wins 200th. Stops the slide. Sox up by 4 games over Rays. : Don't underestimate the value of longevity. Aaron and Rose broke immortal records because they were durable. How many pitchers over the last 30 years have ben able to last 19 seasons in the Big Leagues?
    Posted by harness

IMO, Rose more so than Aaron; I saw both play live; Rose was good, feisty, combative, (and a Fosse destroyer), but there was no comparison.

Regardless, congratulations To Wake, who Softy called an egomaniac today; was there even one instance of this? (Thread has since been banned) What garbage. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I'm Happy that Wake got his 200th and it's a hell of an accomplishment however, I have to agree that it was a little over the top but this team needed to celebrate something and loosen up a bit so this was as good a time as any to rehearse the Big Celebration that will End the Season come October 24th. !!  SOX in 5 !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

How the Red Sox and their fans wished to celebrate the occasion is their business. Yankee fans should be watching the Yankee game instead of making the above post in an effort to flame red sox fans on their forum. It is obvious what Bad-Scene's agenda is.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

Not at all Pike, I was just making a point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

mikey, if any player does anything long enough, they'll reach a milestone. 

The difference here is that Wake has been better after age 34 than from 26-33.

His WHIP numbers after age 40 are better than his career numbers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I'm Happy that Wake got his 200th and it's a hell of an accomplishment however, I have to agree that it was a little over the top but this team needed to celebrate something and loosen up a bit so this was as good a time as any to rehearse the Big Celebration that will End the Season come October 24th. !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL

Do you have a crystal ball? If so, can you tell me who's going to win the Derby next year?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Wake wins 200th. Stops the slide. Sox up by 4 games over Rays. : Do you have a crystal ball? If so, can you tell me who's going to win the Derby next year?
    Posted by nhsteven

That's my dept. Wink

Hard to compare Rose to Aaron, beyond the longevity. Rose willed himself with a limited skill-set. But he was a fanatic about it.

Aaron could hit for power and average. Just a complete player. One rose to great heights both on and off the field, and he did it in an extremely hostile environment. The other became an embarrassment to the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Wake wins 200th. Stops the slide. Sox up by 4 games over Rays. : That's my dept. Hard to compare Rose to Aaron, beyond the longevity. Rose willed himself with a limited skill-set. But he was a fanatic about it. Aaron could hit for power and average. Just a complete player. One rose to great heights both on and off the field, and he did it in an extremely hostile environment. The other became an embarrassment to the game.
    Posted by harness

We're not not comparing Rose to Aaron are we?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Wake wins 200th. Stops the slide. Sox up by 4 games over Rays. : We're not not comparing Rose to Aaron are we?
    Posted by Joebreidey

Only in longevity, Joe. Beyond that, it's apples/oranges.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Wake wins 200th. Stops the slide. Sox up by 4 games over Rays. : 200 wins over 19 years is a little over the top in making a big deal of it.  I can see some high fives in the locker room for that but thats about it.
    Posted by Bad-Scene-

It really is, well said. If you have not won 200 games in 19 years than your really bad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Then why have only 108 pitchers in the history of MLB ever done it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from napalmball. Show napalmball's posts

Why is Wastefield the 2nd oldest pitcher in MLB history to reach 200?

How many teams had Red Sox offense behind the goofballer?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

How many pitchers have played 17 years in a notorious hitter's venue?
    2nd oldest pitcher to reach the mark is a tribute to his longevity at the highest level of competition. Far cry from little league, Schwartz.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Then why have only 108 pitchers in the history of MLB ever done it?
    Posted by harness

I will just guess that the average MLB pitcher has a 10 to 12 year career.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Wake wins 200th. Stops the slide. Sox up by 4 games over Rays. : I will just guess that the average MLB pitcher has a 10 to 12 year career.
    Posted by BurritoT

Oh, I'm betting it's a hell of a lot less than that. Many pitchers can't cut the grade and bounce around the M.L/AAA bus tour.
    Others have their careers shortened by injury.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the avg. career was half that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

IPHRERBBKERA*
    J Verlander
    (W, 23-5)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I would contend that if Verlander was on the Sox roster he either would have been pulled after 5 or even had his start skipped in order to save him for the play-offs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Wake wins 200th. Stops the slide. Sox up by 4 games over Rays. : Oh, I'm betting it's a hell of a lot less than that. Many pitchers can't cut the grade and bounce around the M.L/AAA bus tour. Others have their careers shortened by injury. I wouldn't be surprised if the avg. career was half that.
    Posted by harness

Probably right, I was just considering the average starter who has some success in the bigs. Obviously there are countless names long since forgotten that only stayed around for couple years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Verlander was removed after 7 because he was at 106 pitches.
    Leland uses the same criteria Ttio does.

I agree that Verlander would generally be lifted earlier if he pitched for Boston, but not because of Tito.
    It would be more reflective of pitching half his games in Fenway, which affects pitching performance. Also, having a deep pen would enter into it. 

Managers manage according to their personal/opposition/venue/game circumstance. You won't see Tito saving any arms in the PO's.
    The regular season affordes him the luxury of knowing who can and who can't cut it in a given area.

Sections
Shortcuts