Wakefield and Albers not helping much at this point

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Wakefield and Albers not helping much at this point

albers needs the shelf. miller belongs in the rotation.
    use wake in spot starts and mopup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Re: Wakefield and Albers not helping much at this point

Maybe Wakefield & Drew need to go deep sea fishing off Nantucket this weekend ?

Even better if they could take Barney Frank or Barry Soetoro, er, O'bama along.

" We don't care if they E-VV--E--RRR come back... "

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Albers did well for a long stretch. But he's burned out and done for this year. Maybe a few weeks of rest and arm program and he could contribute last week or two of season. DL Albers and replace him with farm hand.

Wakefield needs to be released.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Wakefield and Albers not helping much at this point:
    Albers did well for a long stretch. But he's burned out and done for this year. Maybe a few weeks of rest and arm program and he could contribute last week or two of season. DL Albers and replace him with farm hand. Wakefield needs to be released.
    Posted by S0ftl@w

exactly what i was thiinking about albers. i posted that a couple days ago too. we're in agreement on it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Wakefield and Albers not helping much at this point:
    albers needs the shelf. miller belongs in the rotation. use wake in spot starts and mopup.
    Posted by brdbreu

Miller has earned a spot in the rotation until Buckholtz crawls out from under the rock he's hiding under.  I'm not impressed with Miller's stuff but at least he's been throwing strikes and getting ahead on the count which is 72% of the battle. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

There certainly will likely be a close eye on both

You can't be serious, 5k? Why on earth is a close eye needed for Wakefield? That's like watching paint dry and expecting to see something different!

Pretty obvious that Wakefield is an embedded management circus act. Any other team who payed no attention to "record chase" would release this guy. Miller can blow up and still have enough potential to come up big against a strong lineup. And beyond Miller, these innings need to be invested in youth! Wakefield is a zero confidence profile who is being kept on for the wrong reasons. If putting up a 5 plus ERA and not being a functional pen option is worthy of a roster spot, a lot of single A veterans can come up and do it. With Wakefield, it's always one decent start or a speck of decent start and it becomes an excuse to ignore how bad his big sample numbers are. With a young pitcher, it's one good start and "he hasn't proven anything" and one bad start and "send Him back to AAA so Wakefield can still keep hunting quanity and low quality milestone". Enough with it, if Wakefield looks good (hope it rains) then trade him to the first sucker who offers a decent single A baby teeth prospect!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from haljung. Show haljung's posts

Both Albers  and Wakefield are some of my favorite players, but both of them have been contributing zero to this stretch drive. I mean, are we trying to win 100 games or not? We can do it, but not by pitching Wake every five days. Those are high probability losses. Its crunch time and somebody has to step up like Andrew Miller. Maybe even Aceves can start since he almost pitches a whole game every few days by bailing out Wakefield and Miller. Does Albers have any options to go to the minors for a week and work on his mechanics? HIs velocity is there, but location seems terrible. Last thought: if Tito really wants to have Wake win the 200, start a game using four pitchers, hope to get a big lead, and put Wake in to pitch the fifth. By finishing the fifth and hopefully the rest of the game, doesn't he get the win? Or if he starts blowing up, bring in Bard to put out the fire so he can finally get 200. This is cheesy, but I'm tired of trotting him out to be embarrassed every five days.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

Maybe Wakefield & Drew need to go deep sea fishing off Nantucket this weekend ? Even better if they could take Barney Frank or Barry Soetoro, er, O'bama along. " We don't care if they E-VV--E--RRR come back... "
    Posted by jimedfred

Drew will be back next week as they need outfield help.  Wake needs to come out of hte roatation for a while, if for no other reason than it appears to be a distraction.  Yes they are all professionals, but this seems to be a situation where they are either waiting for him to implode within five innings, or can't give him the suppot.  Sure probably only the baseball scales balancing, but still, not starting him for a while cannot make it any worse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Wakefield and Albers not helping much at this point : exactly what i was thiinking about albers. i posted that a couple days ago too. we're in agreement on it.
    Posted by bredbru

Albers definitely needs a break from pitching.  Not sure who will take his place, but he shouldn't pitch again for a couple of weeks.  He has been very undependable lately. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Maybe Wakefield & Drew need to go deep sea fishing off Nantucket this weekend ? Even better if they could take Barney Frank or Barry Soetoro, er, O'bama along. " We don't care if they E-VV--E--RRR come back... "
    Posted by jimedfred

Stick to baseball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joerock22. Show joerock22's posts

In Response to Re: Wakefield and Albers not helping much at this point : Albers definitely needs a break from pitching.  Not sure who will take his place, but he shouldn't pitch again for a couple of weeks.  He has been very undependable lately. 
    Posted by susan250

I think Dan Wheeler could step into the 7th inning role.  He's only pitched 44 innings on the year (10 less than Albers), has a lower ERA (3.89), and has been rock solid over the past 3 months of the season after his horrible start.  He and Albers seem to be heading in opposite directions, so it's time to make a switch.  If I remember correctly, Wheeler pitched in a setup role in Tampa Bay, didn't he? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

I'm not blind to WAke's deficiencies.  He has had some brutal starts.  I think you should check though as he's had some positives this year as well. Also Miller may  be where he is now because he could be taken out of the rotation since they had Wake to fill in. They didn't have to give away more prospects to get another  starter because they had Wake.  Would you prefer Burnett?  How can you not admire a player who loves the game so much that he transformed himself into a pitcher by developing a knuckleball, and lasting as long as he did with that single pitch.  He's seen the highs and the lows and everything in between and it's not quite time for the stud farm yet.  I'd say one more bad start and he's sent to long relief-mop up duty.  IMO he has at least one more shining moment left.  When that happens, will you Wake bashers do something? Don't apologize - just shut the freak up.
    As for you jimedfred, you want to play dirty.  The only perfect storm I've seen was your mother.  What a wildcat !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MIKESOX. Show MIKESOX's posts

For all Wake has done in his time with Boston, I say they continue to pitch him in his usual spot in the rotation until he gets win number 200. It's the least they can do for the guy. He has been there time after time to bail them out in a pinch and loyalty still means something. It's one more win. I just wouldn't have thought it would have been so hard against the minor league team the Yankers hit three slams on the night before.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

take wake out of the starting ro until they clinch the division and then give him a start to go after #200 if he hasn't already picked up win #200 in a long relief appearance

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

I'm not blind to WAke's deficiencies.  He has had some brutal starts.  I think you should check though as he's had some positives this year as well. Also Miller may  be where he is now because he could be taken out of the rotation since they had Wake to fill in. They didn't have to give away more prospects to get another  starter because they had Wake.  Would you prefer Burnett?  How can you not admire a player who loves the game so much that he transformed himself into a pitcher by developing a knuckleball, and lasting as long as he did with that single pitch.  He's seen the highs and the lows and everything in between and it's not quite time for the stud farm yet.  I'd say one more bad start and he's sent to long relief-mop up duty.  IMO he has at least one more shining moment left.  When that happens, will you Wake bashers do something? Don't apologize - just shut the freak up. As for you jimedfred, you want to play dirty.  The only perfect storm I've seen was your mother.  What a wildcat !
    Posted by frankn

Have to suggest your response to attempted humor says a lot more about YOU than me. Irresponsible forays into political commentary instead of sports may offend economic and common sense-challenged liberal naivete, but ad hominem attacks of such personal nature reveal typical leftist arsenal : no logical response therefore petty insults.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

Oh yes, hoping for the deaths of professional athletes, a U.S. Congressman and the President of the United States clearly demonstrates deep political thought.  Actually understanding that your mother was a loose woman helps to explain why you gravitated to the right wing of the political spectrum.  Mommy didn't have nuff time for jimed, and now he's a cold, uncaring twerp.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

For all Wake has done in his time with Boston, I say they continue to pitch him in his usual spot in the rotation until he gets win number 200. It's the least they can do for the guy. He has been there time after time to bail them out in a pinch and loyalty still means something. It's one more win. I just wouldn't have thought it would have been so hard against the minor league team the Yankers hit three slams on the night before.
    Posted by MIKESOX

Well, your take is as bad as the Wake bashers. You don't throw a guy to get a record, you throw a guy based on his performance. His performance had been stellar despite not gaining 200. As for the team he faces, it doesn't matter who you face. The A's scored 9 btw, your "minor league team" against Yanks pitching even in that 3 grand slam game. Wake didn't throw well last night, but he was actually due to throw a bad game after throwing pretty well for the last 2 months without an implosion. But all anyone can see is "WP" in a pitcher's resume, nothing else.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Oh yes, hoping for the deaths of professional athletes, a U.S. Congressman and the President of the United States clearly demonstrates deep political thought.  Actually understanding that your mother was a loose woman helps to explain why you gravitated to the right wing of the political spectrum.  Mommy didn't have nuff time for jimed, and now he's a cold, uncaring twerp.
    Posted by frankn

I RESEMBLE that remark !  I am not uncaring......LOL.

Regardless of my mother's alleged proclivities, she at least would have preferred REAL men, perhaps just like YOU do ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Posted by MIKESOX
    It shouldn't be about what's good for Wakefield---his 200th win---but about whar's good for the team. He looked horrible last night and Miller looked terrific two nights ago. There shouldn't be any controversy about who merits the next few starts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

take wake out of the starting ro until they clinch the division and then give him a start to go after #200 if he hasn't already picked up win #200 in a long relief appearance

Im for releasing Wakefield before roster expansion, but at least words of reason! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

take wake out of the starting ro until they clinch the division and then give him a start to go after #200 if he hasn't already picked up win #200 in a long relief appearance Im for releasing Wakefield before roster expansion, but at least words of reason! 
    Posted by S0ftl@w

I agree that Wake is done. However the rosters expand on Sept 1. Don't release him, but take him out of the rotation. He had back tssues last year after the all star game. Give him a rest. He is too popular to throw to the wolves. Just have him rest.

Sections
Shortcuts