Wakefield and Varitek

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Wakefield and Varitek

In Response to Re: Wakefield and Varitek:
    [QUOTE]Simple fact is that if Tim had anything left in the tank he would not of needed weeks to earn his 200th win - he would have been able to step up and pitch just one good game in that stretch if he had even a gallon of gas left in his career.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

C'mon burrito, you're better than this. It's fine if you don't want Wakefield back, but you're smart enough to know -- as moon pointed out -- that he pitched well enough during that streak to earn a few wins if he had better run support or if the bullpen didn't blow the games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

It all goes together - he is useless now. The stats that show otherwise are only that, "stats". Stats can hide the real truth. I like using my eyes, they don't lie.

Stats allow for people to cry that Derek Lowe won 15 games and thus must have been good, when in truth he pitched terrible all season. There are thousands of stats that look great on paper but the real story is much different.

As a Red Sox fan the last thing I ever want to see is Cy Young lose his name on the all-time wins lists to a pitcher who is nearly 50 and needs weeks on end to gain one "w". 

That is how I feel. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

The stats show Wastefield is a disgrace!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" The stats show Wastefield is a disgrace!"

Perhaps, but no more so than your gimped up boy Dice K, Lackey, or some of the up and coming talent (Miller, etc) you were so fond of touting who all crudded out when given the chance. 

p.s. show some class and just call him Wakefield, he's worked hard enough to earn that even though he's worthy of criticism now. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Boy o boy.  For a guy who arguably can be blamed just as much as the "bucket brigade" for the collapse, he's getting quite a bit of ink.  Hey we all love the guy to death, but come on and time to move on.   Besides is stifles the development of younger players.  You can argue that there are no "ready" younger players but at some point you have to allow them their shot.  Good football analogy....when Parcells was coaching the Giants, 25+ year ago, he had a WR, who he didn't name but I think was Lionel Manuel (sp).  At that time he was 34 or 35 and easily one of their top 4 or better (not best though) receivers.  They ended up cutting him because it was better to develop a younger guy than to have the veteran as your 3rd or 4th WR.  Same thing applies.  Tim we love ya but time to move on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Sign Varitek and Wakefield and it's the same as having a 23-man roster and clear message that 2012 is another "bridge year".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Sign Varitek and Wakefield and it's the same as having a 23-man roster and clear message that 2012 is another "bridge year".

True