Wakefield Goes for 200th, Again and Again, and Again and Again and Again..............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Wakefield Goes for 200th, Again and Again, and Again and Again and Again..............

Doubles derby after two important wins. Wakefield gave tremendous confidence to Royals, with the only surprise being Wakefield finally didn't give up a massive bomb.

Find something to replace this thing, anyting on the farm, and shoot this old dead horse if he won't go out into the potato salad pasture.

"Gave his team a chance to win, another near quality start, team let him down, bla bla bla bla bla".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Re: Wakefield Goes for 200th, Again and Again, and Again and Again and Again..............

Wakefield's ERA is over 5 for over 2 years, but it was boasted that Wakefield starts produced games that the team was winning. Now that the team is losing everytime they see this old donkey, it's turned to "quality start/keeps team in game/" etc.

Wakefield is the image of a Game 7 loss to the Yankees, giving up a monster bomb. If Theo can't find something better than this old donkey, Henry needs to fire him and get someone who can. Enough with the "been around since disco" meaningless milestone attempts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Re: Wakefield Goes for 200th, Again and Again, and Again and Again and Again..............

You clearly have no undertsanding of history.  And quite clearly there were posters who desperately wanted Wakefield removed from the game when he was coasting...placing their dislike of Wakefield of more importance than the outcome of the game.  Well, you both lose, because wakefield did not get the loss.  try understanding the game sometime, okay, because clearly you have no clue, none whatsoever.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I have always supported Tim Wakefield but I reserve the right to say that this must be the last year. I respect moonslav59 as a poster immensely, but he and harness keep coming up with reasons to blame anything they can for Wake's failures. Enough is enough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

when he was coasting

Coasting!!!!!!!!! What!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wakefield has given up a bomb or two in every start for quite sometime. Tonight, it was replaced with a doubles derby! The guy had a 4-1 lead when the doubles derby started. He's never coasted in his life! The guy has an ERA over 5 for over 2 years!

Felix gets a lot of losses, so who cares if Wakefield didn't get the loss. He deserved the loss!

Anyone claiming Wakefield was coasting doesn't have a clue what day it is!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I don't read Softy's posts anymore. I am serious - Honest to God.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Try looking at what happened, Albers came in and allowed 7 runs to score, getting the loss, as appropriate, yet you can't understand it....blaming it all on Timmy. You are wrong.  You don't know anything about baseball.  Nothing.  You can't be a fan with that kind of ignorance

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Wakefield's smoke and mirrors ran out. His ERA over 5 for over 2 years was discounted because "the team was winning when he started". Now that the team is losing every time this disco donkey puts a shot of confidence in an opponent on the wrong side of momentum with 2 straigh home losses, it will now be another excuse.

George Bush, a flood, Arab spring, my plan after vacation, yadi figgy da!

Find some young farm kid who KC hasn't seen and invest some innings and a few starts in him. Stop this madness with "WAkefield seeks 200" nonsense. Who figgy cares!

I'm going to start a thread with a petition for Wakefield to be forced out of the rotation, off the playoff roster, and off the 2012 roster, and replace it everytime the BDC censors do their work. Those who want more Wakefield redux for 2012, we already know who you are. So don't cry about the new thread.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

I don't read Softy's posts anymore. I am serious - Honest to God.

Yes, and you are honest. Sure, which is why only God is reading this thread.

Albers came in and allowed 7 runs to score

Wakefield was charged with 4 runs and was a doubles derby modal meltdown.

Wakefield's ERA is over 5 for over 2 years! Now get your head out of foodstamps stimulate the economy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I wonder if dacater was "proud" of Timmy tonight?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Harness is in Burrito mode tonight?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Disco Donkey? I thought it was this ...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Wakefield Goes for 200th, Again and Again, and Again and Again and Again..............:
    I have always supported Tim Wakefield but I reserve the right to say that this must be the last year. I respect moonslav59  as a poster immensely, but he and harness keep coming up with reasons to blame anything they can for Wake's failures. Enough is enough.
    Posted by BurritoT

I stand by my position that, although he'll not (IMO) return to pre-surgery 2008/first half of 2009 form , he's still effective pitching depth - for a team with two starters down.

Tonight he left again giving his team a legit chance to win.
    Softy is showing the very lack of character he accuses others of...going on a one-game opportunity rant.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Wakefield Goes for 200th, Again and Again, and Again and Again and Again..............:
    I wonder if dacater was "proud" of Timmy tonight?
    Posted by BurritoT

nice call out, but since you are softlaw's azz licker, I'm going to say that I am very proud of Tim. Considering he hasn't thrown what you idiots would call a bad start in any of the last 5. He hasn't struggled in 5 IP, like Lackey or Lester, he hasn't given up 5 runs in an inning like Beckett, he hasn't been pulled in the 3rd. He's given the team a chance to win each of his last 5 starts...after his 199th win...Your absolute denial of his ability to keep pitching well in a pennant race is truly an indication that you are no different than most of the ignorant Sox Nation that jumps on him for his age, his pitch. It has nothing to do with performance.  A conventional pitcher who threw any of the last 5 starts the way Wakefield threw them would have been hailed for keeping his team in a game. But because he's the whipping boy of the sox forum, he gets the Release him treatment no matter the fact he left the game WITH A GODDAMN LEAD....YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF IDIOTIC MORONIC KNUCKLEHEADS...You really think Lackey, Miller, Doubront, or even Dice-K could throw as effectively as Wake did in his last 5 starts? You got another thing coming, the guy has been flat out No. 5 worthy. Expecting him to be a 9-inning ace is ridiculous, expecting him to pitch a 2 ERA is ridiculous, and expecting him to pitch the team to victory with a C-minus lineup (one that has hit well basically once since Ortiz left for his heel bursitis) is really asking for too much.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Wakefield Goes for 200th, Again and Again, and Again and Again and Again.............. : nice call out, but since you are softlaw's azz licker, I'm going to say that I am very proud of Tim. Considering he hasn't thrown what you idiots would call a bad start in any of the last 5. He hasn't struggled in 5 IP, like Lackey or Lester, he hasn't given up 5 runs in an inning like Beckett, he hasn't been pulled in the 3rd. He's given the team a chance to win each of his last 5 starts...after his 199th win...Your absolute denial of his ability to keep pitching well in a pennant race is truly an indication that you are no different than most of the ignorant Sox Nation that jumps on him for his age, his pitch. It has nothing to do with performance.  A conventional pitcher who threw any of the last 5 starts the way Wakefield threw them would have been hailed for keeping his team in a game. But because he's the whipping boy of the sox forum, he gets the Release him treatment no matter the fact he left the game WITH A GODDAMN LEAD....YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF IDIOTIC MORONIC KNUCKLEHEADS...You really think Lackey, Miller, Doubront, or even Dice-K could throw as effectively as Wake did in his last 5 starts? You got another thing coming, the guy has been flat out No. 5 worthy. Expecting him to be a 9-inning ace is ridiculous, expecting him to pitch a 2 ERA is ridiculous, and expecting him to pitch the team to victory with a C-minus lineup (one that has hit well basically once since Ortiz left for his heel bursitis) is really asking for too much.
    Posted by dannycater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHJmCQohYVk&feature=related

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

going on a one-game opportunity rant.

Over 2 years and a 5 plus ERA is not "one game rant".

Now, you pretending that Wakefield isn't a match to gasoline is good Union speak.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Wakefield Goes for 200th, Again and Again, and Again and Again and Again.............. : I stand by my position that, although he'll not (IMO) return to pre-surgery 2008/first half of 2009 form , he's still effective pitching depth - for a team with two starters down. Tonight he left again giving his team a legit chance to win. Softy is showing the very lack of character he accuses others of...going on a one-game opportunity rant .
    Posted by harness

Just think - as you are a generally well regarded member of the forum - you would be able to not be blinded on the obvious .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Wakefield Goes for 200th, Again and Again, and Again and Again and Again.............. : nice call out, but since you are softlaw's azz licker, I'm going to say that I am very proud of Tim. Considering he hasn't thrown what you idiots would call a bad start in any of the last 5. He hasn't struggled in 5 IP, like Lackey or Lester, he hasn't given up 5 runs in an inning like Beckett, he hasn't been pulled in the 3rd. He's given the team a chance to win each of his last 5 starts...after his 199th win...Your absolute denial of his ability to keep pitching well in a pennant race is truly an indication that you are no different than most of the ignorant Sox Nation that jumps on him for his age, his pitch. It has nothing to do with performance.  A conventional pitcher who threw any of the last 5 starts the way Wakefield threw them would have been hailed for keeping his team in a game. But because he's the whipping boy of the sox forum, he gets the Release him treatment no matter the fact he left the game WITH A GODDAMN LEAD....YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF IDIOTIC MORONIC KNUCKLEHEADS...You really think Lackey, Miller, Doubront, or even Dice-K could throw as effectively as Wake did in his last 5 starts? You got another thing coming, the guy has been flat out No. 5 worthy. Expecting him to be a 9-inning ace is ridiculous, expecting him to pitch a 2 ERA is ridiculous, and expecting him to pitch the team to victory with a C-minus lineup (one that has hit well basically once since Ortiz left for his heel bursitis) is really asking for too much.
    Posted by dannycater

It is not effective. And nobody should be "proud" of a 44 year old pitcher who essentially has been healthy all season... its expected for him to perform. It would sound silly to say your are proud of Agon, Pedroia, or Beckett.

I recall you used to be called Laws azzlicker but I never called you that... I have my own opinions thanks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Wakefield Goes for 200th, Again and Again, and Again and Again and Again.............. : Just think - as you are a generally well regarded member of the forum - you would be able to not be blinded on the obvious .
    Posted by BurritoT

And just what do you see as the obvious about Tim Wakefield?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

He can't win a game, and your definition of a quality starter is 5 innings, 5 runs. "Keeping the team in the game," as you often say; giving them a chance to win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portcallen99. Show portcallen99's posts

I agree with the idea that Wake should sit and give a young flame thrower the chance to be a ML starter. That's what many, many other teams do including the MFY.

But no, we have to put up with endless starts from Wakefield, and when he pitches, I don't even bother to watch the game. I know it will not turn out good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Wakefield Goes for 200th, Again and Again, and Again and Again and Again.............. : It is not effective. And nobody should be "proud" of a 44 year old pitcher who essentially has been healthy all season... its expected for him to perform. It would sound silly to say your are proud of Agon, Pedroia, or Beckett. I recall you used to be called Laws azzlicker but I never called you that... I have my own opinions thanks.
    Posted by BurritoT

Boy, you are really something, twice-grilled. So basically anybody else who pitches well, pitches well, and Wakefield has to be perfect for you. Great expectations. When was I called law's beetch (i'm disguising it for the forum)? If it was when I first started here, somebody was sadly mistaken. You made a statement that you hope he goes 5-0 with a 0.00 ERA the rest of the way, and then you would still release him at the end of the season. That in itself shows great ignorance.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I may have been out of line with the azz remark, but you have a tendency, burrito, to side with softy in arguments to taunt harness.

Sections
Shortcuts