Wakefield Heads Towards 45, Possible Hip Surgery, Is his Red Sox Career about to End?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

Re: Wakefield Heads Towards 45, Possible Hip Surgery, Is his Red Sox Career about to End?

Looks like Ellsbury had two OF assists and a stolen base tonight. He must have a cannon and the legs of a gazelle. Right, Softlaw?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Re: Wakefield Heads Towards 45, Possible Hip Surgery, Is his Red Sox Career about to End?

Tito says no Tommy John surgery for Dice K.  Should I still bank on it?  McAdam seems to have a faulty source.

Hey Jim,

I'm not Softy, and you seem to be a little slow. I'm lampooning an idiot named Sean McAdam, who is part of the Red Sox anti-Japenese hate league. He was cheerleading DiceK going on DL, and used misrepresentation on "probably Tommy John surgery and back to Japan" to fuel his hatred based hope that DiceK's Red Sox career is over. He gets away with it because these outfits only hire propaganda puppets that reflect their agenda.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Lowrie's BA is about .240 against RHP and his OBP is about .310 against RHP. Most pitchers are RHP. As pitchers see more of Lowrie, assuming he doesn't break down like he does every year, he'll continue his season decline in hitting metrics.

Of course, he, too, like Bellsbury, is a terrible defender as an everday position.

Folks, Bill Hall just went 4 for 4, against the Dodgers, and had the glowing endorsement of Tito, at year end after doing everything he was asked to do and showing up for work everyday ready to play through the heat that made some players tired. He's had a career year that Lowrie and Ellsbury will never have, but Bill Hall continues to receive the same kind of abuse that Ortiz, Crawford, Cameron and Mac will have to suffer. Only the Japanese players are hated more.
    Okijima is a true class act. He cleared waivers because of the size of his contract as a middle relief pen profile and the strategy from many interested GM's was that he would turn down the minors assignment and the Red Sox would release him so that he could picked up for the minimum. Oki accepted the minor league assigment (he could have refused and become a FA or force Theo to put trade him and pay part of the contract or keep him on the MLB roster in a semi-mop-up role), something good ole boys like Wakefield would never agree to. In fact, Wakefield has already said he doesn't like his role (no role unless he's in the rotation which he'd never last in and which should be invested in younger talent) and would consider pitching for the Rays. Oki has never complained about his role.

Slav is one of the Japenese player haters, see his comments about Oki, which are quite false because of his lack of knowledge about baseball rules on DFA and waiver of veteran players.

Detroit Tigers slugger Gary Sheffield declared Okajima "one of the most impressive lefties I've ever seen" with "stuff I have never seen before from anybody."[17] Former Yankees manager Joe Torre called Okajima "unhittable".[34] Wiki

Okajima finished strong last season after a terrible first half and has allowed opponents to bat just .233 with a .643 OPS in 8.1 innings so far this season

I started the season down in the Minor Leagues, so I know I had to regain the team’s confidence in my pitching,” Okajima told reporters through an interpreter. “It is my first time in this situation so I’m not sure of what happens next.”

That said, Okajima did not begrudge the Sox’ decisions, and suggested that he did not regret re-signing this winter with the only club for whom he’s pitched since coming to the U.S. in 2007.

Having re-signed with Boston during the offseason, it is disappointing that this is happening but signing here was not a mistake,” said Okajima. “I am very grateful to the opportunity the Red Sox have given me over five years. --Weei

Only the good ole boys get to squat on the MLB roster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Wake could no hit the Yanks in the 7th game of the league championship,

What's a sick obscession is comments like this. To even suggest something like this is delusional. There is no reason whatsoever to have Wakefield on the active roster, much less the post season roster. It should be enough for you that he's been allowed to squat on the de facto DL and take a rotation spot for a DL'd starter. I hope he's given the ball every 5 days, as I know he'll lock up and hit the real DL, himself. Sadly, that's the only way this good ole boy will ever leave the active roster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

blehblehblehblehblehbleh

You need medication.  I'm not saying that to be mean, but you are unable to say anything anymore without mentioning Ells, Lowrie, Wake and Tek.

And the better they do, the more obsessed and upset you get.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Wakefield Heads Towards 45, Possible Hip Surgery, Is his Red Sox Career about to End?:
    It's "squeal like a pig", and that photo of you Slav is a good reflection of the growing bugger society of which you champion. I took a class form the man who wrote that novel, in which you were casted as the man in the photo, supra.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

Did you play Ned Beatty's part?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

This is classic deflection!  SoldRed............................................................

What is your family up to right now????????????????   Get a grip!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

In Response to Re: Wakefield Heads Towards 45, Possible Hip Surgery, Is his Red Sox Career about to End?:
    Tito says no Tommy John surgery for Dice K.  Should I still bank on it?  McAdam seems to have a faulty source. Hey Jim, I'm not Softy, and you seem to be a little slow. I'm lampooning an idiot named Sean McAdam, who is part of the Red Sox anti-Japenese hate league. He was cheerleading DiceK going on DL, and used misrepresentation on "probably Tommy John surgery and back to Japan" to fuel his hatred based hope that DiceK's Red Sox career is over. He gets away with it because these outfits only hire propaganda puppets that reflect their agenda.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed

HI SOFTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lowrie and ellsbury will lead us to the very top and you can come along to if not jump OFF!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Metrics prove he's a "subpar" defensive CF'er.

Yes, the same metrics that show Jeter never was a good fielder.

We finally agree on something.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Don't bet on it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...you are unable to say anything anymore without mentioning Ells, Lowrie, Wake and Tek.

And the better they do, the more obsessed and upset you get.

Just imagine if our catchers and CC start heating up...

...oh, wait a minute...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

To follow in the footsteps of the cherry-picker author of this thread, her's some numbers to ponder:

Wake without the blowout game that Tito left him in too long:

1-0   3.16  (0.818 WHIP)

Sox starter numbers (3 or more starts):

ERA
    1) Beckett  1.69
    2) Buchholtz  3.30
    3) Lester  3.68
    4) Wakefield  4.32*
    5) Matsusaka  5.30
    6) Lackey  8.01

WHIP
    1) Beckett  0.953
    2) Wakefield  1.260*
    3) Buchholtz  1.333
    4) Lester  1.351
    5) Matsusaka  1.473
    6) Lackey  1.805

* numbers as a starter only

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Anyone want to agree with Schlep Slav that 5 gold gloves means Jeter was never ever a good defensive SS? I didn't think so.

Lester, Buck and Beckett and AGon and Youk and Pedroia and Ortiz and Papelbon will lead us to the promised land. Bellsbury and Lowrie are auditoning for a foolish contract offer from a GM. That worries me because of how stupid Epstein can be, but I don't think he can be that stupid. But then, there was the Crawford 142M.

No, Harness, you and your domestic partner play that part on a nightly basis.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Looks like Wastefield is one of the top 3 starters. Of course, that's not the case for this fat man who has had 11 days of rest between his 2nd blowout start to this NL start.

My hope is that Tito rides Wakefield as a star horse and gives him the ball every 5 days. He'll break down and have to leave the active roster, so I'm now seeing the long term importance of just allowing Wakefield to hurt himself.

Sections
Shortcuts