wakefield out to pasture

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

wakefield out to pasture

He can't get anyone out! Don't RS fans get that? The quest for 200 is killing the team. Terri, Please let him go, 200 can  not be reached!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: wakefield out to pasture

No, the quest for 86 is killing the team.

Exactly who are all these able-bodied flame throwers they are going to replace Wakefield with?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Not sure about able-bodied but definitely flame throwers compared to Wake.  I think it is time to let some of the young kids see if they have anything for the Sox.  Surely any of those kids can pitch .500 ball given the chance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: wakefield out to pasture:
    [QUOTE]Not sure about able-bodied but definitely flame throwers compared to Wake.  I think it is time to let some of the young kids see if they have anything for the Sox.  Surely any of those kids can pitch .500 ball given the chance.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

Like former Baseball America #10 prospect Andrew Miller?

See, the real problem is that you have set the minimum acceptable bar at .500, and want it now because we need it now.

Remember when Buchholz was 2-9 with an ERA over 6, and everyone wanted him gone?  He didn't adjust right away, and 2-9 id well below .500.

So if Buchholz couldn't do it, why do we all think Felix Doubront (whose battled a ton of injuries this year) or Alex Wilson can?

And like I've said before, Wakefield isn't the Sox worst SP right now...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from napalmball. Show napalmball's posts

Not sure about able-bodied but definitely flame throwers compared to Wake.  I think it is time to let some of the young kids see if they have anything for the Sox.  Surely any of those kids can pitch .500 ball given the chance.

Wastefield is not pitching .500 ball. He also has an ERA over 5 and was an embarrassment again, tonight. The law of averages helped the blind squirrel find a nut, thanks to crazy run support.

Wastefield 2 launching pad balls, hit a batter and comes out as I said he would and tips his hat after tipping it after a grand slam in a previous been around too long record pursuit.

If they don't pull the plug on this clown and give him his PR gold watch, fans can look forward to this guy waddling out and throwing more T-ball human launching pad long balls.

To claim that Wastefield is all there is means a complete failure of the farm system and/or the management running it. Other veterans that cost 5 or 6 million for two are way better than Wastefield but they ignore them and sign Slackey and cart this joke out every year.

I expect they will resign him for the clown's part II ceremonial team win record PR to get Roger off the team record book. Very, very, very unprofessional and sad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure about able-bodied but definitely flame throwers compared to Wake.  I think it is time to let some of the young kids see if they have anything for the Sox.  Surely any of those kids can pitch .500 ball given the chance. Wastefield is not pitching .500 ball. He also has an ERA over 5 and was an embarrassment again, tonight. The law of averages helped the blind squirrel find a nut, thanks to crazy run support. Wastefield 2 launching pad balls, hit a batter and comes out as I said he would and tips his hat after tipping it after a grand slam in a previous been around too long record pursuit. If they don't pull the plug on this clown and give him his PR gold watch, fans can look forward to this guy waddling out and throwing more T-ball human launching pad long balls. To claim that Wastefield is all there is means a complete failure of the farm system and/or the management running it. Other veterans that cost 5 or 6 million for two are way better than Wastefield but they ignore them and sign Slackey and cart this joke out every year. I expect they will resign him for the clown's part IIceremonial team win record PR to get Roger off the team record book. Very, very, very unprofessional and sad.
    Posted by napalmball[/QUOTE]

More like clown, part 102. I doubt this handle will fool the mods very long.
    Nice way to hide from congratulating him on stopping team slide, and snagging a milestone in the process.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from napalmball. Show napalmball's posts

Nice way to hide from congratulating him on stopping team slide, and snagging a milestone in the process.

I congratulate Dusty and the team for stopping the slide. I congratulate Aceves and the pen for cleaning up Wastefield's garbage.

Nice way to direct inidvidual credit to the biggest prideless joke in Red Sox history. Give him his gold watch for being the second oldest pitcher in MLB history to reach a legendary 200 wins. 

Wastefield is the face and brand of a loser. Red Sox is a winner brand that goes back when this Nation was an economic power without entitlement programs. 55 million for that lard.

My Wastefield memories will be:

1. Goofball to Aaron Boone
    2. Tipping his hat after a grand slam
    3. Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss 2 homers hit batter 5 runs Tips hat after over 2 years with a 5 plus ERA  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Did you congratulate the Toronto pitchers for giving up over 3 times what Wake surrendered? They can hit too, ya know. They played in Fenway to, ya know.

Wake through out his career has saved this rotation's azz a number of times, and you know it. 3200 Ip and 200 wins worth.

Bad day at the office? UR quite grumpy for one who just saw his team win and gain ground. Or are you supporting the Rays at this point?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The thing with the Aaron Boone homer, it was a situation Wake should never have been in - even in a good year.

Tim will always give up 1-3 homers, and he is far more seceptable to give up a homer in a relief appearnace where 1 run ends the game.  

I never blamed Tim for that one, never.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]The thing with the Aaron Boone homer, it was a situation Wake should never have been in - even in a good year. Tim will always give up 1-3 homers, and he is far more seceptable to give up a homer in a relief appearnace where 1 run ends the game.   I never blamed Tim for that one, never.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that. Not many can make that statement. Certainly not the Wake haters. Wake is giving up more dingers because he's around the plate more than he used to be. Less BB per IP and but more HR's. That's the trade-off.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I don't blame Grady for sending Pedro out either, I would have done the same thing. However once the tying run got to the plate Scott Willaimson should have been hot and ready... that is where Grady failed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from napalmball. Show napalmball's posts

Wastefield and his 5 plus ERA hasn't save anything for 2.5 years. The loser ceremonial tour is over for this year. No way should this bum be on the playoff roster. If he han an ounce of respect for the game he would retire. Its about Tim Wastefield and these hollow personal interstate markers records, not the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I think Grady let the game situation alter his normal protocol.
    The thing I like about Tito is that he keeps his head in some pretty hairy situations. The way he was adamant about avoiding using his arms on short rest in the 2007 series vs. the Tribe was the difference in that series.

That decision allowed the team to cop a ring IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If Grady had brought Williamson in when the tying run was on deck or on the plate the game might have been over, and we might have one more ring. Pedro had been pitching well, and being the ACE there was every reason to start the 8th.

Old stuff though, just my standing opinion on it.

I remember that inning like it was yesterday, my work partner was a die-hard Yankee fan from NJ (think we were working the NASCAR race). We really went at it verbally. He was nearly ready to jump when the 8th began, he thought it was over. I had finally just gotten comfortable and began to taunt him when Pedro started to put runners on; I remember my whole demeanor changed and I was having Yankee ALWAYS WIN attacks.... screaming at Grady "take him out!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I can see a guy wanting to go with his best, win or lose. At the time, I thought he was out of gas, but who knows what the pen would have done had they come in earlier.

2003 loss was really tough to take. And I think it affected the 2004 team, through  June anyway. Looking back, it only made the historical comeback  that much sweeter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from napalmball. Show napalmball's posts

I talked with Grady about that decision. He said Pedro was his best and one of the best ever and he asked Pedro if he could finish the inning. Obviously, Pedro wasnt going to say Im tired. I have studied competition most of my life, competing in high level amateur events. I was screaming to take Pedro out becuase I could see his tempo changing and his pitch ball flight trajecotry flatening out. I never commented to Grady after he gave his reason. Had Pedro survived that inning, the decision still would have been wrong.

Ben Hogan studied his better competitors and learned to read their change in posture, tempo and mannerisms. When he read the change during the tipping point of a close match, he would play more conservative as his opponent self destructed. Little man who taught himself never to change posture, tempo or mannerisms. Nickname was The Hawk.  He is the only professional golfer in history to win all the majors he could play in in a single season. The PGA overlapped the British Open, which was skipped by most American professional becuase of the expense. Hogan new golf history and wanted to play in it one time. He won it on the hardest course they play it on.

Grady Little obviously never studied Ben Hogan, who had it not been for a terrible automobile accident, would be considered the Greatest golfer who ever played the game. Bobby Jones has that honor, but I consider Hogan as the best professional golfer and athletic competitor ever. Despite small stature, intimidated the most talented and physical giants of the game. A true professional and gentleman. Respected the game and retired away from the ceremonial record seeking tour of quantity.

Grady is a good man. I worked several food banks with him and have heard many Red Sox team stories which will remain out of public consumption.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]If Grady had brought Williamson in when the tying run was on deck or on the plate the game might have been over, and we might have one more ring. Pedro had been pitching well, and being the ACE there was every reason to start the 8th. Old stuff though, just my standing opinion on it. I remember that inning like it was yesterday, my work partner was a die-hard Yankee fan from NJ (think we were working the NASCAR race). We really went at it verbally. He was nearly ready to jump when the 8th began, he thought it was over. I had finally just gotten comfortable and began to taunt him when Pedro started to put runners on; I remember my whole demeanor changed and I was having Yankee ALWAYS WIN attacks.... screaming at Grady "take him out!"
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Big mistake. Things like that come back to haunt. I know you don't like the You-tubes I post, but this one I really hope you'll listen to.

I use it as Pike-repellant.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=doPfdM0HBXg

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

They had better not bring him back.

Moon - He's done.  Present your stats all you want, but the results speak for themselves.

We appreciate the service that he provided, but if he had any respect, he'd retire.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]They had better not bring him back. Moon - He's done.  Present your stats all you want, but the results speak for themselves. We appreciate the service that he provided, but if he had any respect, he'd retire.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

I think its as amazing some fans still think we should bring Wake back.  I suppose these fans also believe Weiland should be getting his sixth chance during a pennant race Monday.  If our team fails to make the PS either Francona or Epstien should get fired. 

We then start by correcting all the wrongs in our starting rotation and pen.  Find a solid RHH RF and work Lavarnway into our backup catchers role.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-hate-me. Show harness-hate-me's posts

I think he's tipping his pitches. It's like they know what's coming.