Wakefield Skipped, but should be released!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Release Wakefield!!!!!!!!!!

In Response to Re: Release Wakefield!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Pitch percent Jacoby has seen in the K-Zone Fact: K-zone for location is like telling a golfer it's "about 140 yards to the center". That's a zip code.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. K-zone is wrong.
    Fan graphs is wrong.

Let's see UR 43% fat city data.

Cue the CRICKETS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Pitch percent Jacoby has seen in the K-Zone Fact: K-zone for location is like telling a golfer it's "about 140 yards to the center". That's a zip code.

LOL..The K-zone is now wrong?? haha..seriously, I just did laugh out loud..and still am..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Release Wakefield!!!!!!!!!! : LOL..The K-zone is now wrong?? haha..seriously, I just did laugh out loud..and still am..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

This shouldn't surprise you.  Think back a couple of months to the discussion we had regarding "et al", which Softy used inappropriately.  When confronted with TWO dictionaries, both saying he was wrong, his response was that he was right and the dictionaries were wrong!

...and he wonders why he has no credibility!  LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If the shoe doesn't fit, you must acquit. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Tell us what two dictionaries say about using "et al", bugaboo poster of irrelevance and prevarication.

K-Zone is a zip code, not an address, you simpleton morons. If you use Internet research it would explain why you 100% guarantee AGon is selling tickets for Padres and why Twins cant afford Mauer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Internet research isn't research, you idiot!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Oh, right. How ignorant of me. Internet research isn't research. Undecided

You must take dumb pills to post.

Show the board UR 43% fabricated research, liar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

I don't read Softlaw anymore. Life is too short to get annoyed but someone whose sole purpose is to annoy you and waste your valuable time on this Earth. Anyone with half a brain knows that he doesn't take him self seriously so why should you. It makes his day for you to reply and to get upset with his charade. Shame on you for taking the bait. If he fools you over and over again then you must be either an idiot or else you work for the Globe or the NY Times and want traffic here. Shame on you otherwise. The forum need not be coming here to respond to threads that are started by idiots and / or trolls. AIM HIGHER. Start your own threads about the team that you love and not hate. Why are most threads started by the haters? The answer apparently that trolls come here at least with five minutes of preparation and real fans come here with no positive agenda.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]Internet research isn't research, you idiot!

So internet research isn't research? 

Alert the colleges, because they think it is!

So all of this "research" you do prior to posting your boring tomes.... is this done on line, or do you have stacks of books beside you that you pore through? 

Just when I think you can't say something stupider or more obtuse, you do. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Research is comprehensive and goes beyond Internet cut and paste. Just when I thought your drivel was drying it up, it falls on your keyboard, again. 

Moonslow thinks Sunday was scheduled day off for the Red Sox. 

By the way, nothing is more stupid than "something stupider", you illiterate moron!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]Research is comprehensive and goes beyond Internet cut and paste. Just when I thought your drivel was drying it up, it falls on your keyboard, again.  Moonslow thinks Sunday was scheduled day off for the Red Sox.  By the way, nothing is more stupid than "something stupider", you illerate moron!

You didn't answer my question.  All this "research" you do, is it done on line or do you have stacks of books you pore through.

And uh... name calling... strictly 7th grade. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]Tell us what two dictionaries say about using "et al", Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

Are you now denying that this happened?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

You didn't answer my question

It wasnt a question, it was drive-by drivel. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]You didn't answer my question It wasnt a question, it was drive-by drivel. 

Oooooh... I'm such a bad boy.  I forgot to add the question mark!  :-)

You have my permission to consider it a question - unless of course you choose to take the 5th amendment and not embarrass yourself further.

And btw, ARE you now denying that it happened?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Release Wakefield before roster expansion!

Yeah but the thing is that makes no sense.  Roster expansion is Thursday and they can carry as many pitchers as they want.  You're just trolling.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Research is comprehensive and goes beyond Internet cut and paste. Just when I thought your drivel was drying it up, it falls on your keyboard, again.  Moonslow thinks Sunday was scheduled day off for the Red Sox.  By the way, nothing is more stupid than "something stupider", you illerate moron!

You spelled illiterate wrong.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

A battle has finally been won. This man has finally been booted from rotation for poor performance, his ceremonial personal milestone postponed. Unfortunately, the talk is he is getting another spot start v. Jays, which is due to Tito saying they want him to get 200 wins this year. The team is in a division battle for homefied and Tito is willing to sacrifice probability percentages to wheel out Wastefield again to try and meet the law averages. Very sad.

Knowing that management made the booster seat roster spot decision for PR record purposes years ago, I am resigned to more suffering. To that end, it is my hope that Wakefield gets win 200 this year and management pulls the plug on allowing Wakefield to continue in his booster seat to be in book with Cy Young. Better PR to make sure Wakefield stays off that list, as team can vacate Clemens and leave the spot to Cy Young. Even if official stat sources don't do it, Red Sox have right to only list Cy young as team wins leader in all memorabilia sites.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

if it means more suffering for you, soft, by all means suffer. But I agree that it is more than likely the Sox will sever ties with him at the end of the season. I'm positive that will be the case, 199 or 201 or 200. The record has no bearing on his continuing to be a Sox pitcher. He will either retire after this year, or move to a NL team to pitch as long as he wants to as a starter, without fear of being yanked for 1 bad start. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

So you get your way, I guess.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

The record has no bearing on his continuing to be a Sox pitcher

That's not what Tito and Crawford and others are saying. Crawford says they "want to help Wakefied, badly, get 200". They moved Wakefield to A's at home to try and booster seat him. Fact is that it is the promximate cause why Wakefield is still on the roster.

No NL team is going to let Wakefield pitch as long as wants. There will be very little interest in Wakefield, beyond a one year contract making much less than he is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

they wont release wake, not a good move on the sox part if they do. that being said, francoma shouldnt let him start another game until the sox clinch the a.l. east. he is all done as a starter, move him into the pen and let him pitch middle innings or batting practice and release him at the end of the season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

soft, i disagree. I think there are more than a few teams that would welcome Wakefield as a regular rotation starter. 1 year would be likely, yes. for now on, 1 year contracts would make sense. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Also I really try to gauge what Tim says publicly. I believe him that he himself doesn't want the win 200 to be the end all of his existence. I realize that it's everyone's mantra here, but I think he has dealt with some bad luck along the way and he threw poorly in his most recent start. The pitching gods aren't helping him right now. It's too bad.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Wakefield Skipped, but should be released!

I agree that Wakefield should not be in the rotation, and that his time has passed.  However I am a little concerned with your language "the battle has finally been won"

What battle.....if he pitches do you "hope he fails"  this makes no sense to me...aren't you a Sox fan?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Re: Wakefield Skipped, but should be released!

No, if he pitches 5 plus ERA over 2 years is bad news.