Wakefield vs Burnett - What's the over/under?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Wakefield vs Burnett - What's the over/under?

This game has the potential to be higher scoring than some of the football games today.

What is your over/under?

I say the number is 14 and I am taking the over.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Wakefield vs Burnett - What's the over/under?

If you get the good Burnett, the Red Sox won't score many runs.  If not, the Red Sox may win.  Considering how poorly the Red Sox are playing, it may still not happen. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

What is a good Burnett? in his last game, he recorded 7 k's in his first 9 outs and then the 4th inning came. It got ugly fast. And the worst part is he get's pizzed at Girardi for pulling him before the Yanks lead is completely gone. I swear him and Lackey are related.

That should have been the pitching match-up; AJ Dopey vs John Slackey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfanmoncton. Show redsoxfanmoncton's posts

the over will be about 4 balls over the wall by the Yankees, 
    all this talk of Wakefield, the guy only averages 10-111 wins a year for the past 2 decades, there are tons of pitchers out there that can get the same thing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Wakefield vs Burnett - What's the over/under?:
    [QUOTE]What is a good Burnett? in his last game, he recorded 7 k's in his first 9 outs and then the 4th inning came. It got ugly fast. And the worst part is he get's pizzed at Girardi for pulling him before the Yanks lead is completely gone. I swear him and Lackey are related. That should have been the pitching match-up; AJ Dopey vs John Slackey.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Agree with you that Lackey and Burnett are not earning their salary.  I still think that Burnett has more quality starts than Lackey this year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Wake and the rest of the Red Sox staff IMO will give up at least 8 runs. Burnett and the Yanks staff probably 5 or 6.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mick711. Show mick711's posts

3 for wakefield 5 for burnett. innings, of course.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Hey Jesse,

So if Burnett has another rocky outing does that elimanate him from the post season roster? because he and Colon both have been getting whacked around pretty good of late?

Over / under hard to say, but I doubt it's a pitchers duel...Lackey v Nova could be a well pitched game if Lackey can channel his 2009 postseason performances...Sadly I don't like our chances in either matchup...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Let's not kid ourselves. There is a much better chance that Burnett will pitch a good game than there is that Wakefield will.  Burnett has been a bust , but still has ability. Wakefield is totally washed up.  Lackey is a complete disaster , but even he has a better chance to win than Wake.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

The over/under does not matter - it is who wins...

Wakefield will certainly give up at least 5-6 runs by the 4th inning...The Sox will probably make Burnett look great.

In the nightcap, Lackey will say he felt good and just missed on a couple of locations while giving up 8 runs in 5 innings and Nova battles a shut out into the 7th where Girardi has a decision as to whether to give the bullpen some extra work.

My over/under for today is 2 for losses by the stumblin Red Sox today...I have not lost faith in the team just the two schmucks they got pitching today.

Question: Would you trade Lackey for Burnett if the opportunity presented itself? That is a question that might not have an answer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

[QUOTE]Let's not kid ourselves. There is a much better chance that Burnett will pitch a good game than there is that Wakefield will.  Burnett has been a bust , but still has ability. Wakefield is totally washed up.  Lackey is a complete disaster , but even he has a better chance to win than Wake.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Agreed

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Jesse, So if Burnett has another rocky outing does that elimanate him from the post season roster? because he and Colon both have been getting whacked around pretty good of late? Over / under hard to say, but I doubt it's a pitchers duel...Lackey v Nova could be a well pitched game if Lackey can channel his 2009 postseason performances...Sadly I don't like our chances in either matchup...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Hey BT - don't have the answer to that. The Yanks are locked in their ALDS rotation as they will go with only three pitchers. Garcia looked good yesterday, but that can change in a heartbeat. Colon's arm looks very tired and I think Hughes, if healthy will be best served in the bullpen. AJ has better than average stuff, but is a complete head case. I think the Yanks may very well go with him, but go immediately to the pen at the first sign of trouble.

As for today, I think the Yanks play a split squad considering they fly to Tampa tonight. I would not bet a Yankee sweep today and am leaning towards a split.

The end is this, the Sox have to beat Baltimore and I think they will.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]The over/under does not matter - it is who wins... Wakefield will certainly give up at least 5-6 runs by the 4th inning...The Sox will probably make Burnett look great. In the nightcap, Lackey will say he felt good and just missed on a couple of locations while giving up 8 runs in 5 innings and Nova battles a shut out into the 7th where Girardi has a decision as to whether to give the bullpen some extra work. My over/under for today is 2 for losses by the stumblin Red Sox today...I have not lost faith in the team just the two schmucks they got pitching today. Question: Would you trade Lackey for Burnett if the opportunity presented itself? That is a question that might not have an answer.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

There is no logical answer to that question. It is kind of like choosing between a democrat and a republican - you are losing no matter which way you go.

Sections
Shortcuts