Wakefield's Last Start as a member of the Boston Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Wakefield's Last Start as a member of the Boston Red Sox

It's been a long time, but the end is here from Timmy Wakefield.

moon may disagree, but 4IP, 5H, 3 ER, 6BB, WHIP of 2.25 means the end of the line.  By Wakefield leaving, the average age of the Boston Red Sox drops by almost a year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Wakefield's Last Start as a member of the Boston Red Sox

It is definately time for Wake to go. Been a great run, but it is over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

In Response to Re: Wakefield's Last Start as a member of the Boston Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]It is definately time for Wake to go. Been a great run, but it is over.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

No offense but what was great about it? 167 Losses is hardly "great". There lots of adjectives for Tim Wakefield, great isnt one of them. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Wakefield's Last Start as a member of the Boston Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]It's been a long time, but the end is here from Timmy Wakefield. moon may disagree, but 4IP, 5H, 3 ER, 6BB, WHIP of 2.25 means the end of the line.  By Wakefield leaving, the average age of the Boston Red Sox drops by almost a year.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

God bless Wake for all his years of service but yes its time to retire. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, they were cracking him hard today. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Wakefield's Last Start as a member of the Boston Red Sox : God bless Wake for all his years of service but yes its time to retire. 
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Would have been nice for Jerry & Don to mention that this may have been it when he came off, but then the producers want the commercials

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well i wish it would have been at fenway, he deserves that at least

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

[QUOTE]well i wish it would have been at fenway, he deserves that at least
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]
    Great guy but this happens when you can't find the door in time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Why expect him to find the door when he can't find the plate!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is never pretty watching an aging athlete who does not know when to quit.  There have been many in the past , and there will be many more in the future.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

It wouldn't come as a shock if he's given a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training to make the team.    Assuming Buchholz is healthy for 2012, the team still needs a No. 5 starter.    Bedard has knee issues and nobody is ready to step up from the minor leagues and Matsuzaka won't be back until late in the year if at all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Yeah, they were cracking him hard today.

They've been cracking him hard for over 2.5 years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

MAYBE NOT!  I could see Theo signing both Wake and Tec to multi-year Personal Services contracts. They would go to Spring Training, and if not needed on the roster, go to other Redsox org assignments...Wake in PR, Tec as Bench coach?  If ever needed on the roster...pull back in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

What a fitting end, perfect that it ends in the New Yankee Stadium, a perfect bookend to the defining moment of his career, the Aaron Boone walk-off at the old stadium. What does he tell his grandkids? How about, "I'm your grandfather, and the Yankees were my daddy."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE] What a fitting end, perfect that it ends in the New Yankee Stadium, a perfect bookend to the defining moment of his career, the Aaron Boone walk-off at the old stadium. What does he tell his grandkids? How about, "I'm your grandfather, and the Yankees were my daddy."
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

you mean - what is he telling his grandkids right now?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DEBeardsr. Show DEBeardsr's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, they were cracking him hard today. They've been cracking him hard for over 2.5 years.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]

All the Wakefield lovers should be proud and happy that their hero has sunk the Red  sox into a deeper hole as he has many many times in the past. If it wasn't for him they  MIGHT be in first place about now. The great Tim Wakefield has won 200 games,but it took him almost a quarter century to do it. Wakefield, Crawford, Lackey,Gonzalez,and Francoma should be tarred and feathered and rode out of town on a rail after being hung in effigy!!!!!!!!!! They all stink to high Heaven.        

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

The man gave great service to his team over all the years, so, kudos to him.

Thank you, Wake.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

[QUOTE]It wouldn't come as a shock if he's given a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training to make the team.    Assuming Buchholz is healthy for 2012, the team still needs a No. 5 starter.    Bedard has knee issues and nobody is ready to step up from the minor leagues and Matsuzaka won't be back until late in the year if at all.
    Posted by OnDeckCircle[/QUOTE]

He wont be back at all, this is dice k's last season as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from accland. Show accland's posts

Until they get someone else, Wake is the fifth best starter in the entire organization.  Maybe 4 1/2 with lackey.  Since there is little or nothing to trade and a payroll near its max, I am betting he will be back after he shows the best of all available candidates in spring training

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

"What a fitting end, perfect that it ends in the New Yankee Stadium, a perfect bookend to the defining moment of his career, the Aaron Boone walk-off at the old stadium. What does he tell his grandkids? How about, "I'm your grandfather, and the Yankees were my daddy."

Snarky remarks, .. really? How ironic that one of the classiest RS goes out to this tyre of stuff from HIS fan base.

As a Yankee fan I've always admired the way carried himself.  While giving up the Boone HR might be seen as  a low point, it was also a demonstration class and dignity.  While a lot of the Nation believes that the turning point of the 04 playoff was Roberts' steal, I think it was Wakefield volunteering to walk away from his game four start to save what was left of the BP for game four.

Is it time for him to go?  Yes, but he deserves better treatment than he's been getting from some of the Nation recently.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Until they get someone else, Wake is the fifth best starter in the entire organization

Mercy, get someone else. The guy is a laughing stock who can't pitch or field.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

did he get his 200th win yet??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]It wouldn't come as a shock if he's given a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training to make the team.    Assuming Buchholz is healthy for 2012, the team still needs a No. 5 starter.    Bedard has knee issues and nobody is ready to step up from the minor leagues and Matsuzaka won't be back until late in the year if at all.
    Posted by OnDeckCircle[/QUOTE]

Please. It shouldn't even be an option. Let him go elsewhere. Do you like all the PB's, WP, and SB's?
    Today's line
    4IP
    6H
    3ER
    5BB
    2 PB
    2 WP
    3SB

A work of art.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]"What a fitting end, perfect that it ends in the New Yankee Stadium, a perfect bookend to the defining moment of his career, the Aaron Boone walk-off at the old stadium. What does he tell his grandkids? How about, "I'm your grandfather, and the Yankees were my daddy." Snarky remarks, .. really? How ironic that one of the classiest RS goes out to this tyre of stuff from HIS fan base. As a Yankee fan I've always admired the way carried himself.  While giving up the Boone HR might be seen as  a low point, it was also a demonstration class and dignity.  While a lot of the Nation believes that the turning point of the 04 playoff was Roberts' steal, I think it was Wakefield volunteering to walk away from his game four start to save what was left of the BP for game four. Is it time for him to go?  Yes, but he deserves better treatment than he's been getting from some of the Nation recently.  
    Posted by heobrien[/QUOTE]Well said. My sentiments exactly. Wake has only ever done everything the Red Sox asked him to. From closing to long relief to starting, Wake has done it all with the RS. He's even taken being left off the playoff roster with no complaint. If this really the end for Mr. Wakefield I say we have been lucky to have such a classy individual on the Red Sox.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Much luckier to have Wakefield leave.