Wakefield's Selfish Statements

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Re: Wakefield's Selfish Statements Pointed Out Dismissed by Moonslav

I agree with most of what you say here. Varitek and Wakefield shouldn't be offered much more than the major league minimum.

No, Varitek and Timmy T-Ball should not be offered anything more than minor league contracts. They must be allowed to be parked in AAA to start the season and moved back there and management's call, beyond the protections of the union slugs CBA provision.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyStrong. Show ArmyStrong's posts

In Response to Re: Wakefield's Selfish Statements Pointed Out Dismissed by Moonslav:
    [QUOTE]For all the dirt that was thrown at Derek Lowe out the door, drunk guy, or Orlando Cabrera, gigilo to the player's wives, they played to win here. What the hell did CC and Lackey do this year to help the team win?
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Theo threw that dirt at Derek Lowe and Pedro to run them out of Boston, dismantling what were key players for the 2004 World Champs.

Now Theo finally gets to hear the door slam.

Justice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Wake is a FAT swine and Moon is his wife..Wakey's Wifey...LMAO!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Wakefield's Selfish Statements Pointed Out Dismissed by Moonslav:
    [QUOTE]This is directed towards moon and other Wake fans, but I pointed out his selfish comments on the second to last day of the season. Taking text from Hohler's article: Wakefield also was part of the problem. Amid a seemingly interminable quest for his 200th career victory, he went 1-2 with a 5.25 ERA in September, taxing the bullpen as the Sox lost four of his five starts. The 45-year-old knuckleballer then appeared more interested in himself than the team when he asserted in the final days of the season that the Sox should bring him back in 2012 to pursue the franchise’s all-time record for wins (shared by Roger Clemens and Cy Young at 192). “I think the fans deserve an opportunity to watch me chase that record,’’ Wakefield told Fox Sports, raising eyebrows on Yawkey Way. Absolutely no way should they bring this guy back. They don't owe him anything and if each problem can be eliminated from 2012, then the Red Sox should do so. And moon dismissed his statements as being misread. 
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

I have a funny feeling if Theo and Tito are both gone the elders "Wake, Tek and Drew" won't be back.  That could include David but we better replace him with a productive bat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Wakefield has been a warrior for the Sox...I like him.  Sure he is going to get caught up in some personal goals at this point in his career but it was managments responsibility to keep it in check.  The captain and Franconia failed in this part of their job in my opionion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Wake and his 5+ era and selfish attitude should not be on this team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Wakefield's Selfish Statements Pointed Out Dismissed by Moonslav:
    [QUOTE]This is directed towards moon and other Wake fans, but I pointed out his selfish comments on the second to last day of the season. Taking text from Hohler's article:Wakefield also was part of the problem. Amid a seemingly interminable quest for his 200th career victory, he went 1-2 with a 5.25 ERA in September, taxing the bullpen as the Sox lost four of his five starts. The 45-year-old knuckleballer then appeared more interested in himself than the team when he asserted in the final days of the season that the Sox should bring him back in 2012 to pursue the franchise’s all-time record for wins (shared by Roger Clemens and Cy Young at 192). “I think the fans deserve an opportunity to watch me chase that record,’’ Wakefield told Fox Sports, raising eyebrows on Yawkey Way. Absolutely no way should they bring this guy back. They don't owe him anything and if each problem can be eliminated from 2012, then the Red Sox should do so. And moon dismissed his statements as being misread. 
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Hohler is a complete hack, and you swallowed his crapola hook, line and sinker.
    A writer can make anything look good or bad.
    Wake has earned the right to make such a statement.
    Your Wake bias exposes you - to the point of bringing Moon into Hohler's garbage.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Harness,

Love you & Moon because you're both good RS fans......  BUT!

See above post!

DROP IT!  Move on!  Nobody wants to hear it right now!~

Still love ya!  but shut the f up!~

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

and PLEASE!!!

If you log one more of the thousands of posts you have already written, on the relative merrits of a 5++ ERA, I swear to God I'm gonna lose it!

:)

still love ya

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Amid a seemingly interminable quest for his 200th career victory

Timmy T-Ball has not earned the right to make that statement and be gifted another contract and roster spot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Epstein's contract extension refusal has set in motion a chain of events which will likely end the FA contract gift offers to Wakefield. No reason whatsoever to do more than offer him a minor league contract and a spot in AAA. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I don't want the opportunity that Tim thinks I deserve to watch him get his azz kicked for a month straight, and in between wins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

To ad, if Tim Wakefield thinks I want him to dislodge Cy Young's name for the #1 spot he is more stupid than I would have ever guessed.

Heck even Clemens earned it (before the cheating started) and pre-1996 Clemens blew the doors off anything Wakefield has ever done.

Just what I want to see, not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

I don't want the opportunity that Tim thinks I deserve to watch him get his azz kicked for a month straight, and in between wins.             

Well said. We deserve the opportunity to see the next GM refuse to tender Wakefield a major league contract offer. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Wakefield's Selfish Statements Pointed Out Dismissed by Moonslav:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Wakefield's Selfish Statements Pointed Out Dismissed by Moonslav : Hohler is a complete hack, and you swallowed his crapola hook, line and sinker. A writer can make anything look good or bad. Wake has earned the right to make such a statement. Your Wake bias exposes you - to the point of bringing Moon into Hohler's garbage.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.. Hohler is a hack? He's writing for the Globe and you are posting comments on the Globe Red Sox discussion room. Everyone, including Red Sox personnel saw through his comments.  You'll see how useful he is as a 6th/7th starter when the Red Sox finally decide not to bring him back and no other team invites him to spring training.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]I don't want the opportunity that Tim thinks I deserve to watch him get his azz kicked for a month straight, and in between wins.               Well said. We deserve the opportunity to see the next GM refuse to tender Wakefield a major league contract offer. 
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

They shouldn't tender him anything. If they tender him a minor league contract, the opportunity is still there for him to be on the major league roster, and secondly, if he pitches better than someone in spring training who does make the roster and he doesn't matter, imagine the crying that will start. 
    Eliminate all options by just not bringing him back under any circumstance. Cut the cord.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Although he was surprisingly great in the first half of 2009, he should have been let go after the 2008 season, along with Tek.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spartacus2011. Show Spartacus2011's posts

[QUOTE]I don't want the opportunity that Tim thinks I deserve to watch him get his azz kicked for a month straight, and in between wins.               Well said. We deserve the opportunity to see the next GM refuse to tender Wakefield a major league contract offer. 
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

Wake can realize his dreams in a Cubs uniform. The news is in...Boston is now a Theo Chick free zone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Although he was surprisingly great in the first half of 2009, he should have been let go after the 2008 season, along with Tek.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

After finishing 5th in WHIP in 2008, there was nothing "surprising" about his start of 2009. That first half of the season by Wake helped put us in the playoffs (for the last time).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spartacus2011. Show Spartacus2011's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wakefield's Selfish Statements Pointed Out Dismissed by Moonslav : After finishing 5th in WHIP in 2008, there was nothing "surprising" about his start of 2009. That first half of the season by Wake helped put us in the playoffs (for the last time).
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Nothing "surprising" about Wakefield in 2009.
    Nothing "worth keeping" about Wakefield in 2012.

Did I mention that 2009 was TWO YEARS AGO?
    How did Wake do the 2nd half of the 2009 season?

Yeah but Wakefield had an 0.00 ERA before spring training this season!

Moonbat, don't you have a bus to Chicago to catch?
    Timmy T-ball can be your carry-on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Moon constanly yapping about WHIP...try talking about destroying the team in his selfish grind of perpetual failure trying to get 200 wins...he cost them the playoffs by wearing out the bullpen bailing his ugly old selfish rear end out!

Moon...king of the pink hatters!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]You don't know how to read. I said Wake's wanting to win does not conflict with team goals. It is a team goal to win. Every pitcher should want to win. Every player on every team should want to win. If he said he wanted to lose, I'd be worried.

you dont think this was an incredibly selfish/assinine statement to make right after the worst collapse in mlb history?  i actually refused to believe it was said because i didnt think he could be this dumb....

are you related to him? his agent? the first half of 2009 being a reason to hold on to him makes no ense considering his age and recent performance...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]You don't know how to read. I said Wake's wanting to win does not conflict with team goals. It is a team goal to win. Every pitcher should want to win. Every player on every team should want to win. If he said he wanted to lose, I'd be worried.

you dont think this was an incredibly selfish/assinine statement to make right after the worst collapse in mlb history?  i actually refused to believe it was said because i didnt think he could be this dumb....

are you related to him? his agent? the first half of 2009 being a reason to hold on to him makes no sense considering his age and recent performance...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spartacus2011. Show Spartacus2011's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wakefield's Selfish Statements Pointed Out Dismissed by Moonslav : you dont think this was an incredibly selfish/assinine statement to make right after the worst collapse in mlb history?  i actually refused to believe it was said because i didnt think he could be this dumb.... are you related to him? his agent? the first half of 2009 being a reason to hold on to him makes no sense considering his age and recent performance...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Don't disturb Moonslav, he's rubbing Wakefield's buddah belly.

No sane human being backs giving Wakefield a Red Sox roster spot in 2012. At this point Timlin would have a lower ERA than Wake in 2012.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

The exact quote was:

“I’ve definitely made up my mind that I definitely want to come back next year,’’ Wakefield said. “I have another goal in front of me that I’d like to accomplish, and that’s the all-time record for the Red Sox in wins. I’m only seven away. I think the fans deserve an opportunity to watch me chase that record. We’ll see what happens.’’

So this is what was on Tim's mind in September?  He talks as if he hadn't been following the score for a few weeks.

I don't hear anything in there about caring if the team wins or not.  But he does say the word "I" six times.

Sections
Shortcuts