Walk of Win vs. Yankees!! WE'RE BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Walk of Win vs. Yankees!! WE'RE BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!

Hey -- got to feel positive about something at this point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Walk Off Win vs. Yankees!! WE'RE BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!

In response to royf19's comment:

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Walk of Win vs. Yankees!! WE'RE BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!

Pedro Ciriaco, Yankee killer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

At this point, take what we can get, Roy. We had our day in the sun. We'll be back. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

To say he least, carnie. Almost like he can do no wrong against them. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

At this point I'll take Yankee spoiler.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

We have some relevance in the universe tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

I Like This Kid Ciriaco, He,s A Keeper......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Super win tonight!  Almost felt like old times!!  Nothing like a walk off win against the Yanks!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

It could be looked at both ways Zac, You lose and walkoff the field. or, you win and everyone walks off the field and the game is over.
    Ciriaco seems to have the yanks #. Ump was squeezing Lester a bit tonight, but he only allowed what, 5 hits? shouldve been more like 4BB IMO. Still not good, but he battled and kept them in it.
    Good for BV to come out and have a few words with Lester AND the umpire...
    Always a great game no matter what the situation with these 2 teams. Ill take the spoiler role this year...

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He did get squeezed a bit zac...Never said he pitched great, but it didnt help...BV did talk to Lester to gret him focused again. but as Bobby was facing Lester when he was walking away and yelling, it was obviously said at the umpire...I believe he didnt want to get ejected so he didnt face the ump. didnt want to try and show him up...He pretty much said so on NESN after the game...
    And YES, Where is my edit button??? I miss it...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Some great plays in the field (at an unnatural position); and that single in the 9th was a ball way outside and nearly touching the ground - uncanny, and what a player

I'll always wonder if that Ichiro throw, had it been 5 yrs ago, would have got Ciriaco. No matter; game would have been won by RS regardless IMO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Great win. Loved the drama. Loved the error by Cano. Loved seeing Ciriaco slide in ahead of the throw. Good win. Let do it all over again tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Some great plays in the field (at an unnatural position); and that single in the 9th was a ball way outside and nearly touching the ground - uncanny, and what a player

I'll always wonder if that Ichiro throw, had it been 5 yrs ago, would have got Ciriaco. No matter; game would have been won by RS regardless IMO

that was a nice piece of hitting, he was practically across the plate...IRT Valentine, that was the most lively i've seen him in months...ump had a pretty tight strike zone, that ball four pitch to Cano was tough to judge, couldn't tell if it was because Lavarnway swept the glove or it was just inside, Cano's hesitation made me think it was strike three, there were quite a few late strike calls on both pitchers...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

if it was 5 years ago the Sox would have been on the way to winning a WS and ichiro would be in seattle.  just saying.

SWEEP

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

if it was 5 years ago the Sox would have been on the way to winning a WS and ichiro would be in seattle.  just saying.

SWEEP

Yes, their 2nd one in 86 yrs, while the Yankees had 27 in the same span. Sounds like a lopsided rivalry to me.

Just saying.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Correction: 26

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Correction: 2nd one in 89 yrs. Can't I get anything right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

weird...i thought we were talking about 5 years ago.  didnt you bring up 5 years ago?  i know i didnt bring up 5 years ago.  if if if if if it was 5 years ago ichiro would have thrown him out...right?  if if if if
    if you want to bring up 89 years of baseball history - that's great!  2004 falls under that and that was the best feeling a baseball fan has ever had.  you probably enjoyed all those 1950's championships....   remember Joe D's walk off hit against the sox in game 5 of the ALCS...oh wait...nevermind....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

weird...i thought we were talking about 5 years ago.  didnt you bring up 5 years ago?  i know i didnt bring up 5 years ago.  if if if if if it was 5 years ago ichiro would have thrown him out...right?  if if if if
    if you want to bring up 89 years of baseball history - that's great!  2004 falls under that and that was the best feeling a baseball fan has ever had.  you probably enjoyed all those 1950's championships....   remember Joe D's walk off hit against the sox in game 5 of the ALCS...oh wait...nevermind....

I was talking Ichiro, (and otherwise complimentary to the RS win, I don't think you'll ever do that for the NYY, more likely you would disappear), and you twisted it.  In the spirit of that and 2007,  I held true to the context  mentioning the 27/2 championships in 89 yrs. Not much more of a twist, don't you think?

You reap what you sow.

On a different note, and 2004 notwithstanding (Hold onto that crumb, although a fabulous one),  I remember 9 NYY WSCs BTW. If you are 12 yrs old (are you?), it is extremely unlikely you shall ever get there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Crumb or not Steven, as a Sox fan and the child of a life long suffering one, I'll cherish the memory of it until the day I die. As much for the way we got there, as the end result. Nor was it a fluke, followed by 2007.  Sox fans had their day in the sun. If I  never live to see it again, I'm satisfied.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I've made the point before that the Sox always seem to turn it up a notch, and play at a higher level against NY. Why they can't against other teams, especially the ones on the left coast, is beyond me.

Sections
Shortcuts