Wandy Rodriguez?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tobes18. Show Tobes18's posts

Wandy Rodriguez?

What haven't the Sox put more of an effort to get him?

The Yanks have been talking with Astros about him, as well as several other teams. He got a good ERA at 3.47 and has a pretty good strikeout rate. I mean, when it comes down to it, I'd prefer him on the mound over Wakefield, Miller, or Aceves.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Wandy Rodriguez?

I have seen this guy pitch several times (I live near Houston now). I mentioned him several times. Houston is having a fire sale: we should do our best to get him-NOW!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Go look at the guy's contract and you will instantly want to dismiss this as a possibility.  Owed $38M+ through 2014 assuming he picks up his player option in 2014.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

• 11:$7M, 12:$10M, 13:$13M, 14:$13M club option ($2.5M buyout)
    • option may become guaranteed based on performance
    • option becomes player option with trade
    Perhaps Houston might pay some of the deal, but this guy is still worth $13M/year. His "high price" is also what would make the player cost lower than his worth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Wandy Rodriguez?:
    [QUOTE]11 :$7M,  12 :$10M,  13 :$13M,  14 :$13M club option ($2.5M buyout) option may become guaranteed based on performance option becomes player option with trade Perhaps Houston might pay some of the deal, but this guy is still worth $13M/year. His "high price" is also what would make the player cost lower than his worth.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

They'd have to pay close to half to make this worth it.  Any pitcher from the NL scares me when I picture them pitching in the AL East.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Looks like he is headed to N.Y.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Salary hasn't been an issue with FA signings around here.  Why should that stop the Sox?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Cleveland is close to getting Wandy and the Yankees are still in on him... Cleveland trying to bulk up for a play off run?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Isn't Cleveland close to getting Ludwick too?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't Cleveland close to getting Ludwick too?
    Posted by rickerd2[/QUOTE]
    According to the updates. Has anybody heard anything about B.J. Upton i've been hoping he gets traded all year :P

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wandy Rodriguez? : They'd have to pay close to half to make this worth it.  Any pitcher from the NL scares me when I picture them pitching in the AL East.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

There are pitchers who transfer well.

I think he is worth $10-$13-$13, if we don't have to give up much to get him. He's better and healthier than Bedard and Harden. Yes, NL pitchers are scary, but so are those who play half their games in spacious Oak or Sea.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Buster Olney and Ken Rosenthal are both reporting that the Cleveland Indians may be the closest to obtaining Wandy Rodriguez for a pair of minor leaguers. I'm surprised to see the Indians this active at the trade deadline. It's good for baseball. I hope the Pirates pick up someone significant too. (I'm not counting Derrek Lee's carcass).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

According to the latest report Wandy is probably staying in Houston but could be put in the waiver draft.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Ludwick to the Pirates I'm hearing too, not the Indians.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

MLBTRADERUMORS reporting that Astros are telling clubs they are done for today.  No Rodriguez trade to anyone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm surprised the Cubs haven't been mentioned much as a team looking to dump salary. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Yanks offered to pay half of the remaining contract. Maybe Mayor Bloomberg will loan the Yankees the difference. NYC is also great at increasing their deficit year after year. My bets are on the Evil Empire buying him and the Commissioner will look the other way since all cash deals are to be reviewed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]According to the latest report Wandy is probably staying in Houston but could be put in the waiver draft.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

yeah I think that's the key craze

with the yanks not lovin any one of these guys more than another

or more than what they already have

I think they figure wandy will be there later ifthey need him

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wandy Rodriguez? : yeah I think that's the key craze with the yanks not lovin any one of these guys more than another or more than what they already have I think they figure wandy will be there later ifthey need him
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

zac, I have a feeling Wandy would be a great addition "long term" and much less risky than grabbing guys like Harden or Bedard.  If the Yanks get the opportunity they may do well to grab him if the price is right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wandy Rodriguez? : zac, I have a feeling Wandy would be a great addition "long term" and much less risky than grabbing guys like Harden or Bedard.  If the Yanks get the opportunity they may do well to grab him if the price is right.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I have never seen wandy pitch

on paper he looks as good /safer than others but

I actually wanted bedard

but then I sobered up ;-)

na ,good job by theo