Wang in Wake out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Wang in Wake out?

Someone mentioned that he rather to have Wakefield over Lackey, Wieland and Miller?   I would say over Miller, yes!!  But Lackey have gone past 7 innings more than Wakefield did in two years!!!  Therefore Lackey saved bullpen arms often more than Wakefield do in the last two years.  Weiland is just a rookie.  He pitched very well almost every start except few bad innings.  Blame for the defense mistakes where they forced Weiland to throw extra pitches.  

I think Weiland is going to be a better pitcher than Buchtolz within the next two years.  Right now Weiland is pitching his second year in the major league level, and he just need to continue pitching to keep building up his confidence.  That is what most young pitchers do for a small market team like Tampa, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Detriot, etc.  They keep letting these young pitchers to keep pitching until they finally give up on him and send him down to minor league.

Plus Wakefield is going to be whispering around the clubhouse saying "I want to break the freakin Roger Clemens record"!!!   That is bad cancer to the club!!!

He is gone!! he had a chance to break Roger's record three years ago, then two years ago, one year ago and this year.  Still he couldnt do it!!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Wang in Wake out?:
    [QUOTE]This is a joke when people say that they rather to have Tek over Salty.  Salty is only 26 years old catcher at the same time Tek started at age of 26 too when he became the starting catcher for the Red Sox back in the late 90's!! It is Salty first full year playing as a catcher.  Of course he worn out at the end of this season.  Same goes to Tek too.  Therefore, Boston isnt letting Salty walk. Salty is more likely to accept fewer years contract than these available catchers via free agency.  So give him one year plus second year option contract.  If Lavarnway is the raw deal catcher for the future, then Boston can let Salty walk after the 2012 season.   So you want Tek who is on the decline to come back or Salty is improving from last year to this year.  Give Salty a chance.  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Uconn, I agree it should be Salty and Lav.  If I can speak for moon I think hes afraid they won't be able to handle the staff without Tek which is always possible.  We won't know if we don't try and Molina could be available as a FA next season if it fails.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Wang in Wake out?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wang in Wake out? : Uconn, I agree it should be Salty and Lav.  If I can speak for moon I think hes afraid they won't be able to handle the staff without Tek which is possible.  We won't know if we don't try and Molina is a FA next season if it fails.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I do have concerns, but I realize teams have won without great "catcher relevant" catchers.

As for not knowing unless we try... I happen to think it is a very predictable commodity. It's not 100% predictable, but pretty darn close.

Hey craze, I have a serious respectful question for you: if we go with only Lava and Salty next year, and our staff goes south, will you at least entertain the idea that it had something to do with losing Vtek and going 100% with catchers with little or no history of being good at handling a quality pitching staff?

Remember, a 0.25 differential in ERA means our catchers have to make up for about 40 more runs on offense than we got this year. (Sidenote: we got 100 RBIs from our catchers this year). A 0.50 differential would be an insurmountable disparity and a heck of a lot more losses.

Sections
Shortcuts