Was Dr. Gill right on Flunking J-Bay?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Was Dr. Gill right on Flunking J-Bay?

good point, but he would have cost us far less than craw and given us 2 ok years. the struggles he had NY were due more to adjusting to a new city. they had lots of opps to sign bay before free agency for 3 years. would he have been worth that? yes. would he have stabilized things for the better? yes. overall, i would have signed bay for short years. not 4 guaranteed ones. perhaps a vested option or some opt-out injury deal.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

J-Bay's one of my favorite posters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Was Dr. Gill right on Flunking J-Bay?:
    [QUOTE]good point, but he would have cost us far less than craw and given us 2 ok years. the struggles he had NY were due more to adjusting to a new city. they had lots of opps to sign bay before free agency for 3 years. would he have been worth that? yes. would he have stabilized things for the better? yes. overall, i would have signed bay for short years. not 4 guaranteed ones. perhaps a vested option or some opt-out injury deal.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Right, because Bay's struggles had nothing to do with his concussion or playing in a pitchers park.....

Personally, I think the medical staff blew it again in hindsight.  The concern was over his knees which appear to be fine, although they may have benefited from the extra rest due to other injuries.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

They were ironically worried about this knees.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

And Bay hits the DL again.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In Response to Was Dr. Gill right on Flunking J-Bay?:
    [QUOTE]So many fans on this forum were adamant that the Red Sox should have signed Jason Bay for four years. They were ready to but he had to first pass a physical. The physical was analyzed by Dr. Gill and he was skeptical that Bay was healthy enough to be worth 4 yrs - $60 mil. The FO comprimised and while still taking a huge gamble offered Bay 2 yrs. - $30 mil. Bay refused that offer and signed even a better offer from the Mets. RSN sitting in their armchairs were incensed that Boy Wonder and the terrible medical team had once again exhibited their tomfoolery and ineptness with those actions. As old Bill would what say so tee-ballers?
    Posted by Firefligh2008[/QUOTE]

Why?  did the medical team predict he would suffer a concussion and then make a diving catch and crack a rib?  If so, they are not a miracle medical team, they are the second coming of Nostradamus.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Was Dr. Gill right on Flunking J-Bay? : Why?  did the medical team predict he would suffer a concussion and then make a diving catch and crack a rib?  If so, they are not a miracle medical team, they are the second coming of Nostradamus.
    Posted by parhunter55[/QUOTE]

Same could be said about the Red Sox FO and medical team in recent involving the rash of unfortunate, unpredictable injuries and yet many on this forum insisted on blaming them. Why do forum types always demand a scapegoat?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Forgetting the reasons why the RS passed, there is no measurable evidence that they did the wrong thing. People can speculate that things would have been different if he stayed in Boston but the record with the Mest suggests it was a good non-signing.

The RS issues really haven't been as much who they let walk as they have been who they have signed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

pike just gets weirder and weirder....the medical staff was WRONG about his knees...concussions are not organic problems...they are caused by outside forces...like someone knocking you out with a ball, or a wall, or a car accident...the fact that Pike answers his own post with another name is just bizarre....and the fact is that the staff was FIRED....and he starts this thread...sounds like he is the TROLL....just trying to make waves...no chianti for you pikester

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was Dr. Gill right on Flunking J-Bay? : My uncle has a red Corvette from 1965 and it is so awesome. My aunt has a Dobberman who is hostile and I am worried. Do you like pizza with anchoives? How long do you cook spaghetti to have it Al Dente?
    Posted by Firefligh2008[/QUOTE]
    Me, I'm waiting so patiently lying on the floor. Just trying to do my jigsaw puzzle before it rains anymore.

Sections
Shortcuts