Was Game Lost in 14th (not 15th) with lack of imagination?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Was Game Lost in 14th (not 15th) with lack of imagination?

The fastest man on the roster (Holt) is on 2nd, one out. An automatic out, but good bunter, is at the Plate (Herrera). A LH pitcher with a very slow delivery is pitching. Plan A: Holt steals 3rd, Herrera squeezes him in. Much, much, much greater chance of putting across a run, than depending on a base hit.

John, get with it; show some imagination!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: Was Game Lost in 14th (not 15th) with lack of imagination?

my 3rd request

where do U get this from

''He has more speed than Ellsbury''

I believe I saw U say it once B4

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

my 3rd request

where do U get this from

You probably did, and it is obvious if you watch close enough. I'm not saying he has Ellsbury's base stealing ability (yet). He hasn't had enough chances, or experience, but his raw speed is evident in getting down to 1B, in going after flyballs, going from 1st to 3rd, etc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

why didnt miller force the runner at 3b?

As always - 100% correct!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The fastest man on the roster (Holt) is on 2nd, one out. An automatic out, but good bunter, is at the Plate (Herrera). A LH pitcher with a very slow delivery is pitching. Plan A: Holt steals 3rd, Herrera squeezes him in. Much, much, much greater chance of putting across a run, than depending on a base hit.

[/QUOTE]

Zombies on the WALKING DEAD have more imagination than robot Farrell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

my 3rd request

where do U get this from

You probably did, and it is obvious if you watch close enough. I'm not saying he has Ellsbury's base stealing ability (yet). He hasn't had enough chances, or experience, but his raw speed is evident in getting down to 1B, in going after flyballs, going from 1st to 3rd, etc.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]   Holt has been a pleasant surprise. One of the few bright spots in the season so far. Can he keep it up?  Maybe, maybe not, but he deserves a full shot.  However, in a foot race, I would put my money on Ellsbury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

WHY did the give up 5 runs is the question? For the first time in i don't know how long they get an early lead...a 1st inning 5 RUN lead ....off Price no less, and they can't hold off the rays.  Not only that..,they can't score again for the next 14 innings. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

If it were none out I'd emphatically agree with you, but with a runner already in scoring position the last thing wanted is to give up the 2nd out. There's also a reason the suicide squeeze is so rare...it's hard to pull off. Nope, just a tough loss considering we actually scored some runs for a change. :-(

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because Miller had a brain phart. We GAVE this game away. At least we should make the other guys earn it if we are going down the tubes.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

The way things are going for the Red Sox, Holt would have been safe, there would have been an overthrow and he's have pulled a hammy halfway home and been thown out at the plate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Game was lost because

1) the starting pitching continued to blow goat chunks

2) the Sox manage a grand total of 2 hits and 6 runners the final 14 innings (one on an intentional walk).  Price is good and really settle down, but that does not excuse the 9th through 15th.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

my 3rd request

where do U get this from

[/QUOTE]

ok thanks

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why did Herrera start-anad-stop? Miller was thinking DP (although he had little shot at it). Force at 3rd was his play; but I don't think this is the first time that Miller has made the wrong play (or thrown the ball into the outfield). In this case, the throw was alittl;e wide of the bag, but we've seen a lot worse throws turned into outs. In fact, this throw was to the SS side of 2nd, and he would at least have gotten a force had he kept moving. His stopping caused the run. But, "remember the 1914 Braves"!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer that "John" continue to not be a pinhead with no grasp of probability.  While I have to admit your triple "much" ("Much, much, much") carries a lot of weight - roughly three time the muchness of a single "much", I believe - I think your idea that your Plan A has a "Much, much, much greater chance of putting across a run, than depending on a base hit." is...what's the word?...stupid.

But what do I know?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

For what it's worth, Holt's time down first base was under Ells' time, but that doesn't really mean much. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

For what it's worth, Holt's time down first base was under Ells' time, but that doesn't really mean much. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Holt isn't really a SB guy.  3 career steals in the pros, and 64/33 in the minors in 1,835 ABs.

And the steal of 3rd with 1 out is not a big play in the AL.  Happened 42 times last year, less than 3x per team.  Not hugely successful either.  Assuming a minimum success rate of 67% that 42/17 netted an extra 8 bases for the entire league for the entire 2013.