Was Ted Williams the greatest hitter who ever lived?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Was Ted Williams the greatest hitter who ever lived?

In Response to Re: Was Ted Williams the greatest hitter who ever lived?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was Ted Williams the greatest hitter who ever lived? : So then what is your point?  You seem to know so much?  What conclusions can we drawn from your expertise?
    Posted by william93063[/QUOTE]

For starters, check my previous favorable posts regarding TW.

However, my point is some of your supporting statements are misleading and/or downright false as well. And I am no expert; I just seem that way compared to your homerism induced inaccuracies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbev97. Show kbev97's posts

There are another twenty hitters in major league history who were also great and should be discussed. Why narrow the field to Williams and Ruth. Don't we have any Tiger, Cardinals, or Giants fans out there who want to come in and debate their hearts out?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]jay.....absolutely! Harness....you're funny, man!  I think I'd pay to see Softy and Road on the same plane.  I'll put my money on Softy... Back to Williams, and I guess I'm showing my age here, but back when Williams played there were how many teams? eight?  This meant that EVERY team had a couple of stoppers.  So, the pitching competition was greater. The argument here is that I don't think the slider was used back then.  I don't know.  Out of curiosity, do you know how far from home plate William's red seat is?  Everytime I see that picture, it blows my mind away.  Another thing..nowadays, it seems that a long home run is about 430ft, or whatever.  Hell, I remember Mantle, Killebrew and others hitting 500ft bombs.  Why the difference?
    Posted by ampoule[/QUOTE]

Not true; in the book BALL FOUR, there was a story recounted how Williams was taking BP, and before/during/after every swing, said "I'm Ted F-ing Williams, the best hitter in the Major F-ing leagues, and I'm going to kill Bunning and that f-ing slider of his" Wham!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]There are another twenty hitters in major league history who were also great and should be discussed. Why narrow the field to Williams and Ruth. Don't we have any Tiger, Cardinals, or Giants fans out there who want to come in and debate their hearts out?
    Posted by kbev97[/QUOTE]

Agreed; See my previous post on this subject.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from -THE-BABE---. Show -THE-BABE---'s posts

[QUOTE]Here's a question for you: Was there a civil war going on in Iraq prior to March, 2003 when the Bush Doctine was implemented? Bonus points if you can define the Bush Doctrine, unlike Sarah Palin. I'm not "softy". Yes. Kurds, Shia, Sunni, Iran v. Iraq. Bonus points if you can define the Obama Doctrine, unlike Obama. And extra bonus points if you can get the total number of United States right, unlike Obama. And extra, extra bonus points if you can pronounce "Corps", unlike Obama. Hint: It's not a dead body. Another bonus question: Do you know how it came to be that the Sunni and Shia found themselves in such close quarters within the confines of what we now call Iraq? Yes, but it's not what you read on the Internet while taking skin from the game As for Lybia: 1) at least there was something going on which warranted our involvement, unlike in Iraq. Define "something going on"?   In Iraq, at least a dictator who gassed his own people was tried and executed by his own people. 2) We went in, did what needed to be done, and left. Again, unlike Iraq. None of that nation-building crap conservatives hate so much. Well, unless a conservative is doing the building. Define "what needed to be done" and "left"? Again, unlike Libya. None of that MACV and combat troops in Vietnam nation-building crap Leftists hate so much. Well, unless a Leftist is trying to appear tough on communism to for the sole purpose of getting elected. You know, kind of like the Obama doctrine about the "real war" in Afghanastan. 

Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

You really need to give up on the "I'm not softy" schtick. You are so transparent it's not even funny. You only make yourself look foolish.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Softy,

You didn't answer my questions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He tends to avoid questions when cornered.

Back to Ted, he said "the advent of the slider changed baseball forever".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Here's a question for you: Was there a civil war going on in Iraq prior to March, 2003 when the Bush Doctine was implemented? Bonus points if you can define the Bush Doctrine, unlike Sarah Palin. I'm not "softy". Yes. Kurds, Shia, Sunni, Iran v. Iraq. Bonus points if you can define the Obama Doctrine, unlike Obama. And extra bonus points if you can get the total number of United States right, unlike Obama. And extra, extra bonus points if you can pronounce "Corps", unlike Obama. Hint: It's not a dead body. Another bonus question: Do you know how it came to be that the Sunni and Shia found themselves in such close quarters within the confines of what we now call Iraq? Yes, but it's not what you read on the Internet while taking skin from the game As for Lybia: 1) at least there was something going on which warranted our involvement, unlike in Iraq. Define "something going on"?   In Iraq, at least a dictator who gassed his own people was tried and executed by his own people. 2) We went in, did what needed to be done, and left. Again, unlike Iraq. None of that nation-building crap conservatives hate so much. Well, unless a conservative is doing the building. Define "what needed to be done" and "left"? Again, unlike Libya. None of that MACV and combat troops in Vietnam nation-building crap Leftists hate so much. Well, unless a Leftist is trying to appear tough on communism to for the sole purpose of getting elected. You know, kind of like the Obama doctrine about the "real war" in Afghanastan. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I smell a political ban in the making.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Roadrunner should be banned for his pukish political injections. It was necessary to embarrass him and his hero since he attempted to ask a political question.

And, "The Babe", you, of all people, posting as "The Babe" belies a modicum of intelligence, so you get another one wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was Ted Williams the greatest hitter who ever lived? : Ichiro probably belongs in the discussion.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Maybe Carew, Boggs, Clemente, A. Simmons, Keeler, and Brett too.