Was there an arguement in the dugout??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Was there an arguement in the dugout??

Was it just me or did it look like Peavy and Dempster were having a bit of a heated exchange in the dugout in the late innings of the game last night?  At first I thought it was nothing....then they brought the camera back in the dugout a secong time a few moments later and they still were barking a bit. 

I know Peavy is a firey guy and I COMPLETELY chalk it up to that......just thought it was interesting. 

BTW.....Even though he shouldn't have started the 7th.....I'm REALLY liking Jake on this team!!  What a blast he is to watch!  Kind of like a throw back player.  It's good to see some emotion out there coming from a top of the rotation starter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Was there an arguement in the dugout??

I must have missed that King. I love Peavy on this team too. It was a huge blunder to make him come out for the 7th. No need to waste his energy with a 5 run lead. Also, he didnt seem to have his same velocity last night. More around 88MPH instead of 91-92. So he was probably somewhat tired anyway.

But no, I didnt see the "conversation" between those 2.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

My guess would be this,.......... LOL

Dempster: "You should have hit A-Rod."

Peavy: "Nah buddy, he's not worth it."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I missed it, too. Honestly, S5, it never occurred to me to not bring Peavy in for the 7th.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I saw Peavy jawing with someone at one point but I attributed to the fact that the BP had blown the lead and JP was frustrated.  I didn't at all see it as being a big deal. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Was it just me or did it look like Peavy and Dempster were having a bit of a heated exchange in the dugout in the late innings of the game last night?  At first I thought it was nothing....then they brought the camera back in the dugout a secong time a few moments later and they still were barking a bit. 

I know Peavy is a firey guy and I COMPLETELY chalk it up to that......just thought it was interesting. 

BTW.....Even though he shouldn't have started the 7th.....I'm REALLY liking Jake on this team!!  What a blast he is to watch!  Kind of like a throw back player.  It's good to see some emotion out there coming from a top of the rotation starter.

I concur with your observation, and I'm certain many others.  Peavy should never have been sent out to start the seventh.  I'm not saying that Farrell is intimidated by Peavy, but he does seem to flinch a bit when it comes to removing Peavy from a game, perhaps because of Peavy's fiery nature and competiveness.

As to the exchange in the dugout, I recall the camera zooming in on the verbal exchange, but at the time I thought it between Peavy and Lavarnway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I don't care that Peavy is emotional -- which he obviously is. I like players like that.Doesn't mean I don't like quiet guys like Drew. I think to each his own. In a group you're going to find different personalities. So what? They're winning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I missed it, too. Honestly, S5, it never occurred to me to not bring Peavy in for the 7th.

Lloyd, 

I'm with you on this one. I missed seeing the game here in Milwaukee but I ride my starter as long as I can. Who is to know that once Peavy walked Suzuki and allowed Wells to single, Thornton and Tazawa would let open the flood gates. If Farrel had left Peavy in for any length of time that is an issue, but he tried to extend his start and it didn't work out so he pulled Peavy before major damage was done like any good manager. If Peavy had gotten the first few outs the folks critisizing Farrel would be calling him a genius.

Too much Hindsight Back Seat Driver Management goes on on BDC. We're 28 games over .500 with the best record on the AL by far after barely getting over the clown act of Bobby V and last year debacle and folks still second guess our manager. 

Hetch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

I don't care that Peavy is emotional -- which he obviously is. I like players like that.Doesn't mean I don't like quiet guys like Drew. I think to each his own. In a group you're going to find different personalities. So what? They're winning.

Yet many hated Gonzo for the very same reason doubting if he was a team player because he didn't show enough emotion. In Boston with so many varying opinions on how a player should act a player can't win. Show too much emotion and it is read as Roid Rage, not enough you must not care about winning.  

Hetch

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobknowsBosox. Show BobknowsBosox's posts

I saw it in the dugout. Peavy was jawing away looking at stunned looking Dempster.

There were quick shots in the dugout showing some other Sox players with Peavy in the background still jawing looking in the direction of where Dempster was sitting.

Then once the Yankees scored the 5th run Peavy was seen leaving the dugout obviously pissed and yelling something while Jon Lester was looking at him kinda shocked looking.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Peavey was talking to the kid Lavarnaway not Dempster. To me it looked like he was giving it to him for the pitch calls. Just remember they had a couple of discussions on the mound as well. To me it was more of explaining why he was shaking him off as well as why he wanted to throw certain pitches.  Never saw any discussion between Jake and Dempster.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I didn't notice it either, but if there was any issues, woudn't we have heard about it? It's not like CHB to miss a "good" story.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Me, either. It did occur to me to pull him after the walk to Ichiro, but with a 5 run.... Honestly, would anyone want to tell Peavy he's not going back out?Tongue Out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Peavey was talking to the kid Lavarnaway not Dempster. To me it looked like he was giving it to him for the pitch calls. Just remember they had a couple of discussions on the mound as well. To me it was more of explaining why he was shaking him off as well as why he wanted to throw certain pitches.  Never saw any discussion between Jake and Dempster.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

No...that was a different occasion....  the occasion I'm talking about was with Dempster.  I know it's nothing....if anything I kind of like it!  I find nothing wrong with a pitcher getting so into the game like Peavy does....if a little barking happens then so be it....it's the heat of the moment and shows passion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

What does Peavy & RGIII have in common? They both insisted to continue playing, and talked their coaches into it, which was a mistake. Ditto Pedro & Little.

In RGIIIs case, he may never be the same again.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i dont think they will be pairing Peavy and lava together in the near future..thats all im going to say

As always - 100% correct!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Peavy has a passion for the game, nice to see.  I didn't see any problems in the dugout, I may have missed it.

At least he didn't smash anything Wink

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

OP is nonsense, a hyperactive imagination.  I saw the talking and animation in Peavy's face and charged it up to his enthusiasm for talking about his trade.  I also thought it meant he was coming out since he had gone 6 and most starters don't talk a lot during a stint.

There are obvious defensive issues with Lavarnway, whether pitch calling or throwing out slow baserunners stealing third or whatever.  But I seriously doubt Dempster was going over all of those in the dugout and during a game. At that point he had gone 6 and given up 2, a good outing and no time for recriminations. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Yet many hated Gonzo for the very same reason doubting if he was a team player because he didn't show enough emotion. In Boston with so many varying opinions on how a player should act a player can't win. Show too much emotion and it is read as Roid Rage, not enough you must not care about winning.  

Hetch

I believe a lot of that has to do with the media constantly reinforcing that. They'll tell you it's because they're just speaking for Sox fans, but in some cases, they just don't like the guy -- i.e. maybe he's not media friendly. If you keep enough negative press up with constant stories, it's bound to catch on, which, of course, makes them even more wary of the press. Vicious circle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Hetch

I believe a lot of that has to do with the media constantly reinforcing that. They'll tell you it's because they're just speaking for Sox fans, but in some cases, they just don't like the guy -- i.e. maybe he's not media friendly. If you keep enough negative press up with constant stories, it's bound to catch on, which, of course, makes them even more wary of the press. Vicious circle.

then lucky for Ellsbury and JD Drew that Softy and andrewmitch weren't media :-D

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

I don't care that Peavy is emotional -- which he obviously is. I like players like that.Doesn't mean I don't like quiet guys like Drew. I think to each his own. In a group you're going to find ifferent personalities. So what? They're winning.

Yet many hated Gonzo for the very same reason doubting if he was a team player because he didn't show enough emotion. In Boston with so many varying opinions on how a player should act a player can't win. Show too much emotion and it is read as Roid Rage, not enough you t not care about winning.  

Hetch

then lucky for Ellsbury and JD Drew that Softy and andrewmitch weren't media :-D

Lucky for many athletes in this town that either of those BDC members aren't medis. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Speaking of arguments, the Girardi/ Showalter face off was entertaining last night.

Looks like the Yankees are pulling out all the stops...

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Speaking of arguments, the Girardi/ Showalter face off was entertaining last night.

Looks like the Yankees are pulling out all the stops...

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

now that was the strangest thing i've seen in a while....the Paranoid Pete Heavyweight Championship of the world Sealed

Sections
Shortcuts