Watch out for the Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: Watch out for the Rays

In Response to Re: Watch out for the Rays:
    [QUOTE] ...what if the Sox keep killing the Yanks and TB take 5 of 6 vs them... Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Asssuming the "them" you're referring to here is the Yankees....

What if that happened?  I'd chuckle deeply, and look forward to coming here every morning.  :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watch out for the Rays : I am a die hard Sox fan.  I watch every game.  I am just being realistic.  I was there in 1978 and other years when leads slipped away.  I think the Sox will make the playoffs and if healthy, they can win it all, but nothing is a sure thing.  People who write off TB right now are crazy.  Sox have not played well against them at all for the last few years.  They aren't going to go down to Tampa and walk all over them.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]

There's no need to explain URself to this obsessive lunatic Pike, who now is posting as "Pawsox Phil" and "Your-echo" to try and avoid the forum modulators.

He's already been banned for invasion of privacy. Perhaps now you can see why.
    He's a menace to this board.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watch out for the Rays : Asssuming the "them" you're referring to here is the Yankees.... What if that happened?  I'd chuckle deeply, and look forward to coming here every morning.  :-)
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

Yes, my wording was ambiguous.

Again, I think it is highly unlikely that TB even gets within 2-3 games this year, but is this too far-fetched?

The Sox are 10-2 vs the Yanks this year. Let's say the Sox with 5 out of 6 vs them later this year. TB wins 5 of 6 in that stretch. That puts TB just 2 GB in the loss column vs the Yanks. If TB wins 4 of 6 vs the Yanks, they are tied in the loss column. That's just a 12 game selected sample of games. In theory, it is possible. Highly unlikely, but as long as TB plays the Sox and Yanks so many times...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

TB made some major changes from 2010 to 2011. On offense and defense the major changes were:

LF: Loss of Crawford
    RF: Move of Zobrist to 2B
    (Joyce and Fuld taking most of the PAs)
    SS: Loss of Barrett 
    (Replaced by Rodriguez from 2B and Brignac/Johnson)
    1B: Loss of Carlos Pena
    (Replaced by Kotchman)
    DH: Loss of Aybar
    (Replaced by Damon)
    SP: Loss of Garza
    (Replaced by Hellickson.A. Cobb)
    RP: Loss of Soriano
    (Replaced by Farnsworth
    Pen: Loss of Benoit, Wheeler, Balfour, Cormier, Choate and Qualls)
    (Replaced by several pitchers)

Let's compare 2010 to 2011 at these positions:
     OPS
         2010 > 2011
    LF: .837 > .751
    RF: .736 > .794
    2B: .724 > .823
    SS: .663 > .531
    1B: .721 > .764
    DH: .713 > .730

Garza: 15-10  3.91 > Hellickson  11-8  3.59/ A.Cobb  3-2  3.42
    Soriano: 1.73  45 svs > 1.84  22 svs
    Pen as a whole: 3.33  51 svs 1.174 WHIP > 3.90  24 svs  1.315

The other way to look at it is to look how well the players that left TB are doing this year: for the most part, it is not a pretty sight.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why all suddenly people stop talking about the Rays after the Rays lost two in a row and now 8.5 games behind.  Told you everyone, it is too late for the Rays to catch up Red Sox or the Yankees!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Rays have been double digit out of it for at least a month. They feated at home on some cupcakes and moved to 7 out. So what, they will soon be out even more as the Yankees own them and the Rays stink in W/L v. AL East.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

NYY is 6-5 vs TB.

That's "owned"?

3 of the 6 TB loses were 5-4, 1-0, and 3-1.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Find a year when Rays took a season series from Yankees? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I think the Rays have been hit especially hard by the loss of Crawford--their offense stinks this year. 

And, softy, their road record is much better than their home record, which speaks volumes about tropicana field and the lack of fan support.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Red Sox: 33 GTP, Yanks: 35 GTP, Rays: 34 GTP
    Let's suppose, that at worst, the Sox and Yanks both play .500 ball for their remaining games (17-16 and 18-17, respectively). The Rays would have to go 27-7 to pass the Sox and 26-8 to pass the Yanks. It aint happening! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

their road record is much better than their home record, which speaks volumes about tropicana field and the lack of fan support.

2008 refutes claims of 2011 venue based problems.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The expert on "venues" once said Lugo's numbers were inflated because TB was one of the "best hitting parks in MLB". 

(Used to defend his "why Lugo's decline should have been predictable, therefore he wasn't a bust argument".)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

TB is not a hitting venue.
    Softone distorts data to fit goal-post changing.

Yesterday he claimed doing researchabout Jake's success being due to AGONE - and that Jake was getting "fat-city" fastballs. The clown never posted any such data to back up his claim, after he was challenged.

He is a liar.

He is desperate to find any angle to bash Jake, who is making him look foolish, and exposing his lack of baseball intellect.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

TB is not a hitting venue.
    Softone distorts data to fit goal-post changing.

Yes, I told him so the first time he spewed the lie. Did it stop him from repeating the lie? Hell no!

He still believes it today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]You're right.  The Rays aren't dead yet.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Yankees fans, beware. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Yes, look out, Rays are falling faster than Skylab! They stink!

Anyone pay attention to the two old stooges with a lot of idle time, Mooslow and Harnut. One claimed Agon would 100% be a Padre this spring. The other idiot claimed Tampa Bay isn't going away, among other drivel.

Harnut, in fact, you, like normal, claimed to have done research and then made the statement that I was a liar and hadn't done any. I then asked you for your research, and there was none, of course. I have research tools that would make as much sense to a prevaricating idiot like you as Agon staying in San Diego this spring for ticket sales. You are an idiot, and both of you are NYT shills.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Notice he doesn't deny that he still thinks TB has a hitter's park.

Divert. Delude. Disgust. Drivel.

Silly clown. Go become a Marlin's fan. They deserve you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]Notice he doesn't deny that he still thinks TB has a hitter's park. Divert. Delude. Disgust. Drivel. Silly clown. Go become a Marlin's fan. They deserve you.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

There's ton of way to alter the way a ball carry's in an indoor stadium's...Starting with the climate, pump up the humidity, Have the air cycle in from center and walla you've got yourself a pitchers park...the reverse is also true see the metrodome.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, look out, Rays are falling faster than Skylab! They stink! Anyone pay attention to the two old stooges with a lot of idle time, Mooslow and Harnut. One claimed Agon would 100% be a Padre this spring. The other idiot claimed Tampa Bay isn't going away, among other drivel. Harnut, in fact, you, like normal, claimed to have done research and then made the statement that I was a liar and hadn't done any. I then asked you for your research, and there was none, of course. I have research tools that would make as much sense to a prevaricating idiot like you as Agon staying in San Diego this spring for ticket sales. You are an idiot, and both of you are NYT shills.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

Perfect example of why posters hold an overwhelming opinion of you as a liar and a low-life. You lie and distort. You made a claim that I challenged,  and you never backed it up. Your research tools stem from ignorance and laziness.

You are a BSer who tries to dupe people using any cheap method possible.
    Reverse pivot lunatic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I projected TB to win 90-92 ames. They are on pace for 88-89. Shoot me.

The part I was wrong about was the high number of wins it will take to win the wild card this year.

I was wrong about the Yanks, not TB.

Softy can't even direct his bashing in the right direction anymore.

Silly clown.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

No, you were wrong about the Rays "not going away" and staying in playoff contention until the final week. Don't attempt to spin your idiocy.

Perfect example of why posters hold an overwhelming opinion of you as a liar and a low-life.

Do you speak for "posters" or for youself and your fellow bullying board stooge, Moonslow?

In fact, Harnut, you attempted to refute my claim by claiming you had done research. You had done no reserach at all. You then attempted to dictate that I had to prove my research to you. Needless to say, you prove Agon sold tickets in San Diego last spring. You and your sidekick stooge are board bullies who pretend to be authorities. Your humor is vapid and your constant attempts to supress dissent is the calling card of a dictator.

I say Wakefield needs to go. You disagree. Too bad! Take stock in Red Sox management to bring this lifer back for as long as it takes to replace the bloated face of Clemens with the bloated face of Wakefield. Cafardo is on your side, which should make you feel good;)

Most readers, even though scared to admit it, want posters who say what they want to. Pretty obvious why you are so opposed to having your bully pulpit used by someone else. And so what, Harnut. And too bad;)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Paste/post clown. Try and stay original, oh non-popular one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

2 threads on the pitiful Rays are on front page of this board. Embarrassing leftover panic attacks by feely "sheilas" who will abandon these threads like the plague.

Watch out for the Rays? What a joke!