Watch Tek catch Wake tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Watch Tek catch Wake tonight

Wake is 3-1

Softlaw has disappeared, all his hopes crushed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskjold. Show dskjold's posts

In Response to Re: Watch Tek catch Wake tonight:
    [QUOTE]Wake is 3-1 Softlaw has disappeared, all his hopes crushed.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

We should remind all his incarnations that Bellsberry and Jitterbug and whatever he may call him has set the tone for the Sox in at least three of the last 10 games.

Just don't pull his finger.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskjold. Show dskjold's posts

The win tonight has shut him up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Wake looked good tonight.

Wake been one of our best starters this year.
    Wake has been one of our best relievers year

Wake looked like Wake, tonight. A mess, 5 ER in 5.1 innings, thank goodness his personal servant cleaned his mess up.

Wake has been the worst starter this year. The few starts he made come with a booster seat of as much as week or more off between starts.

Wake has been one of the worst relievers this year, if one can call a mop bucket a reliever.

Wastefield's ERA since 2009 second half, and closer to 5 than 4 and rising this year with little use, is over 5.

Please Tito, take away Wastefield's booster seat and make sure he takes the ball every 5 days, instead of every week or two. You are enabling this old guy to continue to waddle out and throw the junk and try and get potemkin wins to embarrassingly pitch for ever and go in the record with a great pitcher like Cy Young. There has never been anything great about Tim Wastefield's career.

Bellsbury gave up 2 more runs with his terrible CF outfielding.  Wastefield could have gone the best case 6 innings and 4 runs, if not for that, on a week's squat time.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Everyone should realize that "Farmfan" just starts negative threads. Never really posts on the board at all. Apparently, he just wants to make sure there are negative conversations going on -- even when the team is winning.

Btw, great win for Wake and Tek. And I'll also add to the kudos to Aceves. I thought he did an awesome job as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]And so the gem that is Tim Wastefield ends as follow: 5.1 Gem Innings 5 Earned Runs 3 Walks 1 Wild Pitch/Passed Ball 2 Hit batters 1 Homer 1 Bellyflop After a week to rest in the easyboy, vintage Tim Wastefield
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

...and one win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

And one win he did not deserve, and Aceves did diserve.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Aceves came in to put our the flames, and did anything but.
    Wake shut em down when he had to.
    Aceves has trouble establishing his stuff right away.
    This is why the long relief role for him is ideal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Wrong. Aceves put out the flames, and has the record to prove it. Wake didn't shut anything down "when he had to". Had he been left in to finish the 6th, he would have had to have been halled off in that wheelbarrel that Tito was talking about.

Wastefield is ideal in a DL mode, or on an NL team that needs a starter who can pitch every week or two.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Wake shut NY down over the first 3-4 frames, allowing his team to build up the lead.

Aceves came in and immediately gave up two hits, endangering it.
    Do you watch these games?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Wake didn't pitch until the Red Sox had arleady built the lead.

Pretty clear you didn't watch the game.

Wastefield walked a guy and hit a guy, to start the rally and the urgency to get this implolding old man off the field. Aceves came in and gave up a seeing eye single and one hard hit ball and then cleaned up Wastefield's mess by stranding one of Wastefield's runners. He then shut the Yankees down allowing the Red sox time to expand the narrowed lead. 

Wastefield, per se, is endangerment.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Well, at least you admit he shut the Yankees down.
    Do you think this is an easy task?
    How many pitchers in their late 30's/early-mid 40's can do it?

Why this war against a well-meaning "#5" starter?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If I wanted my starters to go 5 innings and give up 5 runs I would have asked to keep Derek Lowe.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watch Tek catch Wake tonight : I second that, Aceves has been doing a good job.  I'm sure he feels pretty good it was Yankees he held down.   
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Me too.  I wonder if the Yankess miss Aceves.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]If I wanted my starters to go 5 innings and give up 5 runs I would have asked to keep Derek Lowe.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

And D-Lowe would have been glad to do it for you, for 10 times the price of Wakefield.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Oh brother - I would not want any starter if 5 innings and 5 runs classify them as valuable. Fifth starter or not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Infield hit Dropped hit for a dbl Jacoby taking the wrong angle on the ball hit over his head on the other dbl. He's been pretty nimble fielding of late as well. That diet Potato salad is doing wonders. Orel H. said Wake is a role model for working out and keeping his body in good shape.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Nice to see someone else sees what I saw. He pitched well, but the defense let him down in the 5th IMO.
    I really think he could have gotten out the jam in the 6th as well.
    Thought Tek did a good job catching him as well.

Sections
Shortcuts