Watch the Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Watch the Yankees

The feeling in Philadelphia is that with the signing of Cole Hamels and the additionalnpayroll, that Cliff Lee could be expendable and the Yankees would be interested in him to give them an edge in pitching. Nothing shocks me but when this team gets quiet they are very dangerous. I would never trust No chin Cashman when he says they are doing nothing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: Watch the Yankees

In Response to Watch the Yankees:
    [QUOTE]The feeling in Philadelphia is that with the signing of Cole Hamels and the additionalnpayroll, that Cliff Lee could be expendable and the Yankees would be interested in him to give them an edge in pitching. Nothing shocks me but when this team gets quiet they are very dangerous. I would never trust No chin Cashman when he says they are doing nothing.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

If the Phillies move Lee (which is certainly possible), my guess is that Texas would be the heavy favorites.  They are looking for a starter, they have the money and they have the prospects to get it done. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

What about the Red Sox doing something with Philladelphia involving Beckett and Lee. Lee is a little older and has a heavier contract. Beckett is younger. Just food for thought here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

AL ---I don't think you would make that trade if you were Ruben Amaro?

Amaro has to do something with payroll and the Rangers, Yankees, Dodgers and Angels have money and prospects and they will give prospects to  win now. Lee will probably be moved by next Tuesday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]The feeling in Philadelphia is that with the signing of Cole Hamels and the additionalnpayroll, that Cliff Lee could be expendable and the Yankees would be interested in him to give them an edge in pitching. Nothing shocks me but when this team gets quiet they are very dangerous. I would never trust No chin Cashman when he says they are doing nothing.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

I don't put anything past the Yankees, and I certainly don't believe most of what comes out of Cashman's mouth when it comes to this type of thing, but after the way Lee shunned the Yankees a couple of years ago, I'm not sure that the Yankees or Lee would be that interested in that move.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

I dont want Lee, nor do we need him here in The Bronx.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In Response to Re: Watch the Yankees:
    [QUOTE]I dont want Lee, nor do we need him here in The Bronx.
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]

The Yankees are also set on getting under the cap after next season, so adding Lee's contract doesn't really fit their current philosophy. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

Good point Jasko.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Hey, if Philly is willing to eat a major part of Lee's contract, then NY can certainly offer up a propect for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

Too many hitters and hitter's ballparks in the AL East for Cliff Lee, IMO. But, wouldn't it be interesting if Baltimore acquired him? Also, the last couple years the Yankees have been picking up little known, scrap-heap types and players released by their previous teams. Dewayne Wise, Darnell McDonald, Cody Eppley, Clay Rapada, Jayson Nix, Chris Stewart, Chad Qualls, Cory Wade. They have also taken flyers on short term contract players with age or injury questions. Eric Chavez, Bartolo Colon, Freddie Garcia, Hiroki Kuroda, Russell Martin, Raul Ibanez, Andruw Jones. The only player the Yankees might covet to the point of changing their current philosophy is Josh Johnson.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]I dont think Yanks will go after Lee, 1) they are trying to cut their payroll 2) it would cost them too many good prospects, for an 1 in 5 days player. I see the them going after a guy like Dempster, all they really need is rental, wont cost as much in prospects. Every player want to go for Championship.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Dempster has never pitched in the American League - much less the bright lights of the AL East - is 35, is a free agent at the end of 2012, and makes 14 million this season.  I doubt the Yankees are going to pay 4 or 5 million for two months of Dempster.  

The Yankees currently have five starters who are doing the job, and David Phelps is more than ready to break into the rotation should there be another injury.  And, Andy Pettitte's injury is healing well, and he is expected to be back before the end of the season.  With the sizable lead in their division, they can wait on Pettitte.  

Also, Joba Chamberlain should be back in a couple weeks, which will allow the Yankees to limit innings of their starters if they choose.  Rafael Soriano has been more than solid as the closer, and David Robertson appears completely back to form since returning from injury.  With Joba throwing 94-100 currently, the seventh will again be his inning to shine. This allows Boone Logan et al to mix and match in the sixth inning if needed.

And, this does not even include September call-ups.  No, Dempster will not be going to New York - not the Bronx anyway.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Now that we read Joba is close to returning and of the increase in his velo up to 100 mph I am still a bit aprehensive in my expectations.

Since his return he has pitched well but consider what he has shown so far out of the pen was accomplished at "A" ball level.

Don't get me wrong I'm one of his biggest fans but the question remains can he even with that kind of velocity get his stuff consistently over the plate and has this ankle injury toally healed?

Meaning can he be effective with 2-3 appearances in consecutive games, week after week? Big man on a still healing ankle.

Still some unanswered questions and why my enthusiam concerning Joba remains muted.

He is a wait and see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watch the Yankees : Dempster has never pitched in the American League - much less the bright lights of the AL East - is 35, is a free agent at the end of 2012, and makes 14 million this season.  I doubt the Yankees are going to pay 4 or 5 million for two months of Dempster.   The Yankees currently have five starters who are doing the job, and David Phelps is more than ready to break into the rotation should there be another injury.  And, Andy Pettitte's injury is healing well, and he is expected to be back before the end of the season.  With the sizable lead in their division, they can wait on Pettitte.   Also, Joba Chamberlain should be back in a couple weeks, which will allow the Yankees to limit innings of their starters if they choose.  Rafael Soriano has been more than solid as the closer, and David Robertson appears completely back to form since returning from injury.  With Joba throwing 94-100 currently, the seventh will again be his inning to shine. This allows Boone Logan et al to mix and match in the sixth inning if needed. And, this does not even include September call-ups.  No, Dempster will not be going to New York - not the Bronx anyway.
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please[/QUOTE]

The pitcher to watch in the Yankee farm system is reliever Mark Montgomery currently at AA Trenton Thunder, he was drafted last season.

He is moving through the system fast a "K" machine could be a Sept. call up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In response to "Re: Watch the Yankees": [QUOTE]Now that we read Joba is close to returning and of the increase in his velo up to 100 mph I am still a bit aprehensive in my expectations. Since his return he has pitched well but consider what he has shown so far out of the pen was accomplished at "A" ball level. Don't get me wrong I'm one of his biggest fans but the question remains can he even with that kind of velocity get his stuff consistently over the plate and has this ankle injury toally healed? Meaning can he be effective with 2-3 appearances in consecutive games, week after week? Big man on a still healing ankle. Still some unanswered questions and why my enthusiam concerning Joba remains muted. He is a wait and see. Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE] I understand your apprehension, but where else would he rehab other than the minor leagues? Joba throwing 94-100 at single A is a matter of recovery, not venue. The radar gun reads the same no matter the level of competition. Can a pitcher throw 94-100 mph if he is not healthy? Remember, the Yankees react to even minor injuries with deliberation erring on the side of a pan-epidemic. And, having the best record in baseball prevents knee jerk reaction of any premature nature. When he returns, Chamberlain will be healthy, and quite the upgrade over Chad Qualls.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

If my memory seves me, always an iffy proposition, the Yanks haven't done much dealing at deadline, at least a move of major proportions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

In response to "Re: Watch the Yankees": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watch the Yankees : The pitcher to watch in the Yankee farm system is reliever Mark Montgomery currently at AA Trenton Thunder, he was drafted last season. He is moving through the system fast a "K" machine could be a Sept. call up. Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE] Don't speak too loudly...we do not want to invite injury a la Banuelos et al.

Sections
Shortcuts