watching jd crawford bat is as painful as........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Britt203. Show Britt203's posts

Re: watching jd crawford bat is as painful as........

I've had it with this guy.    He stinks.   Plain and simple.    If he was a rookie trying to make the club,  he would be sent back down to the minors.   

I am sick about this signing.      We have seen enough of a sample.   This guy cannot handle prime time.    He is impatient.  He hardly ever walks.   He has limited power.     He doesn't even steal very much. (Maybe because he is seldom on base.)    And,  his defense is not very good either, and he has a weak arm.  

This is the most ridiculous signing I've ever seen!   Even if he wasn't making the money he's making,  I'd not want him on this team.     

He does not fit in with the toughness of this teams hitters.    He is weak mentally.    And,  his batting stance looks ridiculous.      

We finally get rid of Drew's contract this year after 7 long years,  and now we're stuck with this guy for another 7 years.    At least Drew had occassional power and walked alot.      

I am really sick about this signing.   Think of how we could improve this team, if we had an extra 20 million/year to spend.      

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: watching jd crawford bat is as painful as........:
    [QUOTE]I've had it with this guy.    He stinks.   Plain and simple.    If he was a rookie trying to make the club,  he would be sent back down to the minors.    I am sick about this signing.      We have seen enough of a sample.   This guy cannot handle prime time.    He is impatient.  He hardly ever walks.   He has limited power.     He doesn't even steal very much. (Maybe because he is seldom on base.)    And,  his defense is not very good either, and he has a weak arm.   This is the most ridiculous signing I've ever seen!   Even if he wasn't making the money he's making,  I'd not want him on this team.      He does not fit in with the toughness of this teams hitters.    He is weak mentally.    And,  his batting stance looks ridiculous.       We finally get rid of Drew's contract this year after 7 long years,  and now we're stuck with this guy for another 7 years.    At least Drew had occassional power and walked alot.       I am really sick about this signing.   Think of how we could improve this team, if we had an extra 20 million/year to spend.      
    Posted by Britt203[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to hear about your sickness, I do hope for you to get better soon....you do look a little pale:

For myself, I am very happy that we have a 1st place team, and I am going to try and enjoy the ride, see:

Very happy man.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Personally, I am dissapointed that Carl has answered the bell yet.  But I do look forward to him getting on a tear: partly because as a Sox fan I think Crawford doing what he did TO the Sox AS a Sox will be great for th club,  and partly to shut all you whiny spoiled so-called fans up.  this is baseball.  People struggle.  Crawford is a great guy, a super hard-working athlete, and a role model.  Why all the hate?  Is he worth 20+mil a year?  No.  But why not root for the guy to succeed instead of sh*&ting on him?  It will be much more enjoyable when he does get it going.   I promise.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

In Response to watching jd crawford bat is as painful as........:
    [QUOTE]watching SLACKEY pitch. please add your own examples; and theo boot-lickers, please make sure you abuse the OP.
    Posted by the___yazzer[/QUOTE]
    I didn't see it but, I've seen the photos, Like watching Eddie Riedel bat. Eddie was the midget that the Empressario Bill Veech put in the White Sox lineup in 1942. Eddie was 3 ft 6 inches. He had a much higher OBP than Carl  . I think it was 1.000 . Carl couldn't carry Eddie's jock strap. LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I feel like this thread was designed to give Yazzer a platform to criticize other posters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: watching jd crawford bat is as painful as........:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I am dissapointed that Carl has answered the bell yet.  But I do look forward to him getting on a tear: partly because as a Sox fan I think Crawford doing what he did TO the Sox AS a Sox will be great for th club,  and partly to shut all you whiny spoiled so-called fans up.  this is baseball.  People struggle.  Crawford is a great guy, a super hard-working athlete, and a role model.  Why all the hate?  Is he worth 20+mil a year?  No.  But why not root for the guy to succeed instead of sh*&ting on him?  It will be much more enjoyable when he does get it going.   I promise.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Well said Space.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

too bad he can't steal first base.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bretb27. Show bretb27's posts

anyone that was more excited to see crawford than a-gon as a sawx is on crack.  We knew what we were getting; a slapper, a slightly above average left fielder (which at fenway means nothing) a horrible arm and 60 steals (half of them against varitek)  he is what he is, and it's not much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

U have to give Carl all of next season before we even can know how he should be the rest of the way.  If we are deep into the 3rd year of his contract and still debating his offensive ability than we are screwed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Even if he gives us 6 career average seasons, his contract will keep us shackled. 

It's too early to bash him or call him a bust. He shoukdn't be blamed for the $142M anymore than JD should be for his $70M. 

It's hard, I know, to not think about what else we could have done with $227M (CC & Lackey). 

Remember, I said we should sign Berkman to play LF-not CC?

(Just kidding)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Crawford, 2011 OBP of .279, and all, is going to have to do. Ellsbury will be playing elsewhere in .3 to 2 years, and he's not going to be the 2011 Ellsbury anymore than Crawford 2012 will be Crawford 2011.

But no one denounced this contract more than Softlaw.