Watching Nava at the Plate ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Watching Nava at the Plate ...

I am the first to admit I am not a knowledgeable scout ... not nearly as good as a number of you all, even ...

but I have really been impressed by the eye Nava has at the plate. 

I realize it is part of his total package and one of the largest selling points as an OBA standout, but in the last little while I've had opportunity to watch a few more games than usual (at the cost of sleep, but what is that?  Sleep is overated, one of my old GFs used to say).  Time after time, watching him take pitches close inside, he doesn't even seem to flinch - he is as cool as can be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: Watching Nava at the Plate ...

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

I am the first to admit I am not a knowledgeable scout ... not nearly as good as a number of you all, even ...

but I have really been impressed by the eye Nava has at the plate. 

I realize it is part of his total package and one of the largest selling points as an OBA standout, but in the last little while I've had opportunity to watch a few more games than usual (at the cost of sleep, but what is that?  Sleep is overated, one of my old GFs used to say).  Time after time, watching him take pitches close inside, he doesn't even seem to flinch - he is as cool as can be.

I love to watch him bat. Loads of patience with a good eye at the plate, although last night he struck out on a pitch way outside. I guess he can be referred to as a late bloomer. Hope he's with the Sox for a long time. 

Hetch

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Watching Nava at the Plate ...

Yep, watched him last night too ... but exceptional pitch to him to get him out.

I agree with the rest of what you said.  He is a great story ... and now to the game!!!

Sections
Shortcuts