watching slackey pitch is as painful as......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

watching slackey pitch is as painful as......

i'm gonna go with having a tooth drilled w/o the use of novocain.
    or reading a sports article written by peter abraham.

feel free to contribute your own examples.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: watching slackey pitch is as painful as......

I'll go with reading a sports article written by PA.

I guess I should mention the fact that I enjoy reading PA's stuff though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

In Response to Re: watching slackey pitch is as painful as......:
    [QUOTE]I'll go with reading a sports article written by PA. I guess I should mention the fact that I enjoy reading PA's stuff though.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

so your post makes as much sense as a THEO BLUNDER free agent signing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

or watching jd crawford hit off a lefthanded pitcher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Watching Tito not pulling him earlier is more painful. Here's a tip Tito....when Lackey pitches and you get the lead, pull his a%$. Regardless what inning it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yeah I was surprised he was brought back out there

I think Francona was trying to squeeze him so the pen wouldn't be abused for the remainder of the homestand

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]Watching Tito not pulling him earlier is more painful. Here's a tip Tito....when Lackey pitches and you get the lead, pull his a%$. Regardless what inning it is.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

hey walk,

shouldn't that read SORRY A%$?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah I was surprised he was brought back out there I think Francona was trying to squeeze him so the pen wouldn't be abused for the remainder of the homestand
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Other than the two mistake pitches, he really didn't pitch that badly. 5 runs on 8 hits in 6-2/3. Heck, the BP gave up 4 runs on 5 hits in 2-1/3.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbair. Show kbair's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: watching slackey pitch is as painful as...... : Other than the two mistake pitches, he really didn't pitch that badly. 5 runs on 8 hits in 6-2/3. Heck, the BP gave up 4 runs on 5 hits in 2-1/3.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

amen. lackey didn't pitch that bad.credit a good indians team that ended bard's 26+ innings of scoreless baseball. lackey is on a bit of an upswing. give the guy a break and enjoy some baseball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Get 'em next time Lack.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

the above three posts were all sponsored by the TBA---THEO BOOTLICKERS ASSOC.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]the above three posts were all sponsored by the TBA---THEO BOOTLICKERS ASSOC.
    Posted by the___yazzer[/QUOTE]

aka:  FANS WHO DON'T FEEL THE NEED TO WHINE LIKE LITTLE B*&CHES AND POINT FINGERS ALL DAY

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: watching slackey pitch is as painful as...... : aka:  FANS WHO DON'T FEEL THE NEED TO WHINE LIKE LITTLE B*&CHES AND POINT FINGERS ALL DAY
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

now you've done it; wait till i tell my mommy what you said.
    you'll be sorry.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: watching slackey pitch is as painful as...... : now you've done it; wait till i tell my mommy what you said. you'll be sorry.
    Posted by the___yazzer[/QUOTE]

i think your mommy will understand that her little yazzer is just being a bad boy.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

...reading posts about how harness feels the Sox offense is not good on the road when it actually is better than his .253 batting average rants give it credit for. But using this criteria to try to prove that pitchers shouldn't be judged by how they do in Fenway Park thus defending a terrible SP like John Lackey and defending his over-bloated 82 mil for 5 year salary given to him at the prime of his career....

1. here are Lackey defenders saying he was not even a No. 3...False, he was the ace of the 07 staff for Anaheim and a top 2 staff guy under Scioscia in his entire Angels career. He became a No. 4 because he was outpitched by Clay in 2010. He should be a No. 6 because Wakefield is also now outpitching him.
    2. Lackey defenders say he was purchased for his innings pitched and he earned his salary. I say he was not purchased for just his innings pitched or his "durability." He had 51 starts combined in 2008-2009 implying he was hurt. If Theo thought he was healthy HE WAS DEFINITELY BANKING on him to do something not as great as 2007 but certainly something in the 3.5 ERA range along with the 200-plus innings. If he was signed as damaged goods then they never would have spent 82 million for 5 years.
    3. The fact of the matter is that Theo knew Lackey was in his pitching prime for age--31. He figured between ages 31-35 Lackey would hopefully be a guy he can rely on for 200 innings, a guy who is a top of the line starter. A guy who can help the team win. Notice I never once used his win-loss record as a barometer because it's a team statistic relying on offense, defense, breaks and a good bullpen, which Lackey has had other than last night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

watching Carl Crawford let balls bounce on the warning track in left field that Yaz or even Jim Rice would have caught...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]watching Carl Crawford let balls bounce on the warning track in left field that Yaz or even Jim Rice would have caught...
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Funny. Heck, Manny could have caught that one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

manny knew how to play the monster and often threw perfect 1-hop throws to both 2nd and 3rd. He also could hit the cutoff guy 99 times out of 100. Crawford was notoriously terrible at Fenway when he was a Tampa property. He always seemed lost on balls at the track and near the Monster. It was another reason why I did not care for the 142-million dollar lefty. I will say he did improve the defense in LF on the road, but only in range, not in arm.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Listening to Obama talk about shovel ready jobs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: watching slackey pitch is as painful as...... : amen. lackey didn't pitch that bad.credit a good indians team that ended bard's 26+ innings of scoreless baseball. lackey is on a bit of an upswing. give the guy a break and enjoy some baseball.
    Posted by kbair[/QUOTE]

I agree that Lackey has been pitching better lately.  I hope that he can continue like this for the remainder of the season.  It is a drastic improvement from the beginning of the season.  Bard was due for a bad night.  You can't expect him to be perfect every night. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

He just didn't have it last night.  But Clevelend is no joke...the Sox have only taken two games against the Indians this year.  I think they're 2-6 or 2-7 right now against Cleveland.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

...reading one of yazzer's posts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]Listening to Obama talk about shovel ready jobs.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

based on all the crap that's posted here, i'd say this board qualifies as "shovel ready."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]...reading one of yazzer's posts.
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

thank you, deputy fife.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"..reading one of yazzer's posts."

Really? I put that pea brain on ignore again every time he gets booted. 

as painful as...

watching John Tomase try to say something remotely insightful about the team he covers for a living now that he lost the Pats beat due to his failings

Sections
Shortcuts