watching slackey pitch is as painful as......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Re: watching slackey pitch is as painful as......

Acquired by the Red Sox on July 31, 2010, as a low-risk, high-reward proposition, Saltalmacchia has become just what general manager Theo Epstein hoped he could be.

During the streak, Saltalmacchia is hitting .378 with four homers and 12 RBIs.

"I feel good," Saltalamacchia said. "I feel comfortable at the plate. For me, I'm just putting quality plate appearances together. Feeling comfortable at the plate is good, but it's not as good if we don't get the win."

Saltalmacchia's two-run shot in the sixth tied the game.

"The way bats are now, they're so light and they're so dry sometimes, he hit that ball right on the barrel," said Red Sox manager Terry Francona. "That wasn't a jam-shot home run. He hit it right on the barrel, and it exploded. That happens from time to time, just because the bats are so dry."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In Response to Re: watching slackey pitch is as painful as......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: watching slackey pitch is as painful as...... : hey walk, shouldn't that read SORRY A%$?
    Posted by the___yazzer[/QUOTE]

Yeah... was typin too fast. Thanks for havin my back!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to watching slackey pitch is as painful as......:
    [QUOTE]i'm gonna go with having a tooth drilled w/o the use of novocain. or reading a sports article written by peter abraham. feel free to contribute your own examples.

The more I see John, it seems he just doesn't focus on every pitch or inning.  He has stretches of greatness, then just falls apart.  Or pitches well every other inning, he is frustrating to watch.  Does anyone have the Stats with Tek catching Lackey compared to Salty?  I know John can shake off any catcher he wants but I was just curious who he pitches better to.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

It is as painful as watching Dice-K pitch ... while receiving a massage from Mila Kunis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

........less painful than watching Wakefield waddle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

wakefield is a class person and great pitcher.  he has endured and been productive for many many years and is still an important part of the sox.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe--------. Show -TheBabe--------'s posts

In Response to watching slackey pitch is as painful as......:
    [QUOTE]i'm gonna go with having a tooth drilled w/o the use of novocain. or reading a sports article written by peter abraham. feel free to contribute your own examples.

I don't find watching lackluster pitching to be painful at all. Actually quite pleasant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

NEW YORK—Los Angeles Angels right-hander Jered Weaver has been suspended six games for throwing a pitch near the head of Detroit's Alex Avila on Sunday, and his manager Mike Scioscia has been suspended for one game.

Weaver was ejected in the bottom of the seventh inning of a testy 3-2 loss to the Tigers on Sunday. He threw a pitch just over Avila's head after Detroit's Carlos Guillen showboated on a home run.

Weaver has also been fined an undisclosed amount.

Joe Garagiola Jr., Major League Baseball's senior vice president of standards and on-field operations, announced the discipline.

Weaver has decided to appeal.

The Angels are home Tuesday night, hosting the Minnesota Twins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Wakefield has an ERA over 5 for over 2 years. Almost anyone else would have been released.