Way to go Iggy! Red Sox Winner & Starting SS!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from softlawRS. Show softlawRS's posts

Way to go Iggy! Red Sox Winner & Starting SS!!!!!

Unlike Lowrie, a good overall athlete with good speed. It will be nice to get a SS who doesn't commit a bunch of errors with no range and the reflexes of an old man. Iggy can't be the everyday guy soon enough! The bonus signing money was well invested. Way to go Iggy, you are a winner. Need to get rid of some of the losers on this team. Since 2008, some everyday position players were added who are losers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

Re: Way to go Iggy! Red Sox Winner & Starting SS!!!!!

So fake.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

So I take it that Lowrie's a loser? What do have against Lowrie and Ellsbury?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Pretty smart baserunning--he paused at 2B to make sure it was off the way. 

I think the only losers are guys named BaseballGM, aseballGM, softlaw, and of course softlawRS. 

I would love to see Iglesias play for the Sox, but he's not ready yet.  And, FYI, he has the same number of errors, 5, as Lowrie, but in fewer games. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

i dont know why your digging at lowrie he has had a nice hot bat this season, however i would like to see iggy play and not rot on the bench, he needs at bats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from softlawRS. Show softlawRS's posts

Very important to have player who are team first winners. Some guys really get into the MLBPA thing and allow fan popularity to give them an exagerated sense of how good they are. Iggy is truly refreshing. Soon, the arbitration meter will run very low, and a smart GM will sell high and not offer extensions to those who are prima donnas. The team is strong on lefty slap hitters, star 2nd and corner infielders, so the time is coming for the proper subtractions and additions to better balance the roster for the longer term future.

Again, the face of a winner. Way to go, Iggy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

One thing i dont think they win (obviously) without that clutch hit form crisp so he really is the game winner, and got the RBI. I also dont think lowrie is a prima donna either... Oh and i think tek needs some credit tonight scored the games only other run and got a clutch hit even though it didnt amount to anything. Really just a well played game all around except for leaving runners on base, but that will even itself out as the season goes. Most importantly the team that we saw in the first half of april is not the real redsox, this team since then is, and it should be a very good summer!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Way to go Iggy! Red Sox Winner & Starting SS!!!!!:
    Very important to have player who are team first winners. Some guys really get into the MLBPA thing and allow fan popularity to give them an exagerated sense of how good they are. Iggy is truly refreshing. Soon, the arbitration meter will run very low, and a smart GM will sell high and not offer extensions to those who are prima donnas. The team is strong on lefty slap hitters, star 2nd and corner infielders, so the time is coming for the proper subtractions and additions to better balance the roster for the longer term future. Again, the face of a winner. Way to go, Iggy!
    Posted by softlawRS

You will never, ever be confused with this.
    You give no credit to the winning slam.
    What a loser.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from softlawRS. Show softlawRS's posts

The little things are what winners are about. Most focus on what never amounts to "the game winner". A game is a scorecard where the first inning counts the same as the last. John Wooden understood that the best. Losers like to revel in "game winner". In your case, you call it a "slam", which it wasn't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

The thing I like the most about Iglesias, and why I called him our future number one prospect just after he started with the Sox, is his joy for the game. Did you guys see him jumping up and down on PApi after he scored tonight. First off he focused on the hit and run and showed some speed getting to 2nd. Then he made sure he could go further, and even came to a complete stop before he got to 2nd, but still had enough speed and baserunning ability to score on that play. After the win he completely was like a kid at Willy Wonka's place showing his joy for being a part of the team.

He's a kid we can root for. He strives for excellence and plays with joy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

BTW, Lowrie nailed the ball tonight and with any luck could have had 2 doubles easily.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from softlawRS. Show softlawRS's posts

Lowrie has also had a scad of bloop "hits". The Lowrie honeymoon will be shorter than Bellsbury. Iggy is the new face the Red Sox need. A guy who plays with a love for the game, not for the MLBPA and agents. AGon was a great addition at the right time. Iggy will be, as well. The everday guys who were added in 2008 are focused on contracts and do not play the game with the right spirit. The sooner they go, the better the long term future for the team will be.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

softlaw get off the lowrie and ellsbury thing not ever player on a team is going to be the greatest player ever, fact is both are solid players and contribute, can we just be happy with the win tonight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from softlawRS. Show softlawRS's posts

Very happy about Iggy's charisma being the face of the win, tonight. Lowrie and Ellsbury have been old everday faces, when they aren't on the DL, on losing teams. The future needs do not fit the contracts they are seeking. It's that simple.

This team goes as far as the fine pitching from Beckett, the other starters, and the pen take it. The offense has never been the issue. Improving the defense is what makes this team better. SS and catcher are quite soft. Oki gave the team a huge lift, tonight. Not many Oki jerseys will be sold;)

Beyond this year, the team long term needs are not big contracts for Lowrie and Bellsbury.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

again i will agree that ellsbury probably has a bit of abig head and has boras as his agent to suit that but really how is lowrie an old face, lowrie had one of the clutch hits in the 9 run comeback against tb in 2008, i remember as i was there. He seems pretty humble and i have heard nothing about him even seeking a contract. I dont even like lowrie all that much and cant wait for iggy to be the started but i cant see why you have this venom for him, hes a serviceble player who does his job decently im not saying the sox should sign him for a few million but hes able to do the job until iggy is ready. And lest i remind you iggy although scored the winning run did not win the game Crawford did with a clutch double.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from softlawRS. Show softlawRS's posts

Lowrie made the stupid comment about the NFL owners refusing to open the books because they were wrong on the profits. He doesn't know what he's talking about, but decided to run his mouth about the NFLPA. Guys like that should be on Henry's list to ship out. In this case, with Youk and Pedroia, Lowrie's not a long term fit, anyway. DH lefty slugger? Doesn't sound like a fit to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

...and Iggy's never been on the DL, right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy, tell us the scoop on real NFL profits.

On the other hand, just go take over for Glen Beck on Faux News. You'll have lots of followers there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We can all have our opinions but it is beyond ridiculous to refuse to give credit when it is due. How can you be a fan and root for some guys to fail just to confirm your sometimes erroneous judgment? It takes a man to admit when he is wrong.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

I dont think jed lowrie is a long term fit for the sox, the redsox dont think jed lowrie has a long term fit with the sox. Hes not an ss, hes a pretty good 2nd or third basemen, and unfortunitly for him those two spots are taken up by allstar players. Jose Iglesias is the future, im just not 100 percent hes ready for the bigs yet. But that being said i dont like that hes rotting on the bench right now and needs more at bats for sure. The redsox are in a tough position becuase their starter who played ss last year went down and before he did was outplayed by lowrie. Lowrie has a hot bat, they needed to ride that especially while no one else was hitting so he became the starter. Isnt it possible that lowrie who is better surved as a super sub on this team becuase he can play all 4 infield positions (not a denegreation but a merit) could be rotated around to ease Iglesias into the big leagues.

But that being said Lowrie is valuable to the team, i dont see the need to hate him so much because of his comments, he plays for your favorite team so shouldnt you be cheering for him?

I dont get the point of hating a player or a manager, in the end they all play or manage the red sox, should be hoping for their success not there downfall. Why wish for tragedy and not truimph?

and in the end as a famous troll used to post

Who cares? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Way to go Iggy! Red Sox Winner & Starting SS!!!!!:
    and in the end as a famous troll used to post Who cares? 
    Posted by RSF4Life234
    Where is jt when you really need him?
    Cool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

ya know with jose tavaras you always knew what you were getting you could always rely on it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I agree, never understood why posters did not find him funny (and harmless).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Actually Jed Lowrie is more knowledgeable than most people to make comments about the NFLPA and the MLBPA. This is an excerpt from a recently published article--Softy please read. Here's the link if anyone's interested:
    http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/23/jed-lowrie-hits-books-at-stanford-to-keep-up-with-globetrotting/

Jed Lowrie opened his laptop, put the finishing touches on a 17-page paper comparing the baseball and football players' unions, and e-mailed it to his Stanford professor.

With that Lowrie completed his last coursework for a degree in political science -- 8 1/2 years after first arriving at Stanford. 

"I had invested too much time," Lowrie said Wednesday. "I knew it was going to happen. It was just a matter of finding the right time."

I see Jed Lowrie being the next DH for the Sox after management decides not to resign Papi this winter. He will be the new DH prototype, a switchhitter and someone that can be your backup supersub. He's got decent speed, he can hit with power and he can get on base. 

Iggy will me the everyday guy, maybe earlier than next year, hopefully the Sox will not trade JLow for an everyday catcher in the meantime.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Lowrie doesn't have decent speed. Mac does. Crawbury is explosive. Drew has decent speed, especially given his age. Lowrie is slower than Mac. Agone is like a Sherman tank.

Sections
Shortcuts