We Are Chocking!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

We Are Chocking!!!

Officially in last place now - injuries, griping, errors, lack of clutch hitting - last to first to last again....

CHOCKING!

As always - 100% correct!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: We Are Chocking!!!

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Officially in last place now - injuries, griping, errors, lack of clutch hitting - last to first to last again....

CHOCKING!

[/QUOTE]

when they hit the pen falters, what a vicious circle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Actually....

I'm quite optimistic after seeing what happened in today's game (7/6).

They got behind, caught up, took a lead, gave up the lead and went into Bonus Baseball.  The hitters hit and the starting pitching was excellent.

Two things let us down.  This team has GOT to stop giving up unearned runs! (said without establishing blame although it IS difficult to do ) , and the pen let us down - or rather Mojhica let us down. 

This was a game that the Sox would have won last year but this isn't last year.  But this is also a game that the Sox wouldn't have even been in a month ago.  Ya gotta creep before you can walk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually....

They got behind, caught up, took a lead, gave up the lead and went into Bonus Baseball.  The hitters hit and the starting pitching was excellent.

Two things let us down.  This team has GOT to stop giving up unearned runs! (said without establishing blame although it IS difficult to do ) , and the pen let us down - or rather Mojhica let us down. 

This was a game that the Sox would have won last year but this isn't last year.  But this is also a game that the Sox wouldn't have even been in a month ago.  Ya gotta creep before you can walk.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].  We never did take the lead. We tied it with five in the 7th. Never had the lead. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually....

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].  We never did take the lead. We tied it with five in the 7th. Never had the lead. 

[/QUOTE]
    ok.. I was busy today and showed up in the 8th and apparently misunderstood the series of events. But the rest of the post still stands.

[object HTMLDivElement]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

I wouldnt call it chocking.  I just think the team is playing up to their abilities.  Meaning they are not very good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]

CHOCKING!

[/QUOTE]

Good. Now there is nowhere else to go but up.

Blame it on love, blame it on God above, He gave us hearts and a means to love, so never lock it all away, it's something we need everyday, let your child out to play.

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

CHOCKING!

[/QUOTE]

Good. Now there is nowhere else to go but up.

Blame it on love, blame it on God above, He gave us hearts and a means to love, so never lock it all away, it's something we need everyday, let your child out to play.

Blame it on Love 2011
    Utah Blues Man

[/QUOTE]

Not so! We can get deeper into last place, which is our likely fate. I do not mind it; we are not going to make the playoffs anyway and the worse our record the higher our draft picks. All attention should be focused on next year and 2016 now.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

We are chalking too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Don't use that chock word! Jim and Hetch will never understand, and will call you out for poor grammar.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

CHOCKING!

The good news was that Peavy had a decent enough outing so that he may get the Red Sox something in return come trade deadline.  We should all be rooting especially hard for Peavy, Gomes, Drew, AJ, Koji (gulp), and other potential non-returning vets to show promise for a contender.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

You can take Peavy, Gomes, Drew, and AJ...but no way do you take Koji...He stays. They have nothing remotely close to a closer and Koji can at least give you 2 more years to develop or find one to replace him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Draft picks in baseball are not the same as in football or basketball. If you put all your hopes on having a higher draft pick, you are setting yourself up for a lot of frustration. You need quality, proven major leaguers to blend in with young talent to succeed. It is stupid for a big market team to try and emulate the small market teams. If you have the money, take a chance and spend it. Don' t tell fans that you are tanking the season for a higher draft pick and expect them to spend money to attend your games. Honestly, some people just love to play these kind of games, but they have no sense of how business works. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Draft picks in baseball are not the same as in football or basketball. If you put all your hopes on having a higher draft pick, you are setting yourself up for a lot of frustration. You need quality, proven major leaguers to blend in with young talent to succeed. It is stupid for a big market team to try and emulate the small market teams. If you have the money, take a chance and spend it. Don' t tell fans that you are tanking the season for a higher draft pick and expect them to spend money to attend your games. Honestly, some people just love to play these kind of games, but they have no sense of how business works. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

I'd still take the #1 pick over the #30 pick. Thats how the business works.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You can take Peavy, Gomes, Drew, and AJ...but no way do you take Koji...He stays. They have nothing remotely close to a closer and Koji can at least give you 2 more years to develop or find one to replace him. 

[/QUOTE]

They don't necessarily have Koji after this season anyway.  He's the only one in the group that may get them something decent in return.  Unless, of course, they can't sign Lester.  

I'd agree that both Koji and Lester are probably not replaceable.  But I'd rather see the Red Sox maximize their return if they're likely to lose Koji and/or Lester, or overpay them for unproductive years down the road.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].  Business also works with the empty seats in August and the declining TV ratings. The loss of revenue. To say that there is a difference between the first and thirtieth pick is deceiving. It does not come down to that extreme. Pumpsie, with all due respect, I have you down as a malcontent contrarian. You continually say that this team stinks and should be blown up, the season is over, etc. We have lost 19 one run games. When confronted with that fact, you say one run games are determined by luck. So, which is it, does this team stink, or is it just unlucky. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Drafting high and paying high for talent don't have to be mutually exclusive.  We can hope to get the most out of both.  The Red Sox can build a stronger foundation for the years ahead and they'll be ready to trade and spend in the offseason.  The more prospects the Red Sox can squeeze out of the trade deadline, the more likely they'll win the Stanton Sweepstakes.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

I would never condone the team tanking the season in order to get a higher draft pick.

However, I do value draft picks highly.  Building a continually competitive franchise starts with the farm.  I agree that you can't expect to field an entire team with home grown players, but IMO, you start with the home grown players and fill in the holes with the proven, major league players, not the other way around.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Pumpsie, with all due respect, I have you down as a malcontent contrarian. You continually say that this team stinks and should be blown up, the season is over, etc.

LOL

Would that make Pumpsie a flamer, or pot stirrer?

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Isn't there a way to discuss the team, even if you're not a fan, without inflammatory threads like this? Who fills their team's forum up with insulting comments? Just seems juvenile to me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pumpsie, with all due respect, I have you down as a malcontent contrarian. You continually say that this team stinks and should be blown up, the season is over, etc.

LOL

Would that make Pumpsie a flamer, or pot stirrer?

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]. I would say neither. Just a Sox fan who is frustrated , ornery and disagreeable. The truth is that there is often a fine line between winning and losing the close games.  There is some luck involved , but it is more than that. This Sox team is lacking both the speed and power that can make that little difference. In a close game, that little difference can make all the difference. We are missing that. Pumpsie just overreacts sometimes.  No problem. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Uehara will get a lot of good offers from other teams. He's getting old. I certainly want him back too, and I'd offer him an extension now and see if he's close to a deal. If not, I think we have to think about getting a top prospect for him at the deadline.

Sox4ever

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

But can you chock from this far down in the standings? If we were good at some point this year then lost it, we chocked. How do you chock from an empty plate?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].  Business also works with the empty seats in August and the declining TV ratings. The loss of revenue. To say that there is a difference between the first and thirtieth pick is deceiving. It does not come down to that extreme. Pumpsie, with all due respect, I have you down as a malcontent contrarian. You continually say that this team stinks and should be blown up, the season is over, etc. We have lost 19 one run games. When confronted with that fact, you say one run games are determined by luck. So, which is it, does this team stink, or is it just unlucky. 

[/QUOTE]

We are in last place in the ALE and we are the second worst team in the league. So you tell me: do we stink? Do we have a snowball's chance in hell of making the playoffs? Hint: we stink. Major changes are needed to make this team relevant again next year or the year after. You are what your record says you are. We now have a 2% chance of making the playoffs according to Coolstandings, and I think thats about right. If you think we have a good shot at it I think you are delusional.