WE ARE NOT GOING TO WIN THEM ALL, BUT LAST NIGHT.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WE ARE NOT GOING TO WIN THEM ALL, BUT LAST NIGHT.......

WAS A GIFT TO OUR FRIENDS FROM SAN DIEGO !! THE YANK$$$ ARE STAYING CLOSE, 1 GAME OUT.......  WHAT SAY YOU ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: WE ARE NOT GOING TO WIN THEM ALL, BUT LAST NIGHT.......

You cannot win them all, and when you lose it is because either you had a bad game or the other team simply had a better day.

Concerning the Yankees - that is exactly it, I am very concerned.  They simply won't go away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xorsed. Show xorsed's posts

Very true. Can't win them all.

Last night's game could have been worse. It could have been a blow out...but even then it is still a loss no matter how much you lose by. Fortunately a one run loss is not as painful.

As for the Yankees...I think its gonna be a battle. But really is that so unexpected? Isn't the AL East always supposed to be the battlezone?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

actually, i believe a one run loss is more painful than a blow-out; especially when there were so many opportunities to score. and double-painful at home.
    san diego is one of the many teams in the ML you're supposed to beat like a drum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

"Crap Happens"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

A heck of a lot of LOBs will do any team in. Get em today Sox!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: WE ARE NOT GOING TO WIN THEM ALL, BUT LAST NIGHT.......:
    [QUOTE]A heck of a lot of LOBs will do any team in. Get em today Sox!
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]And there are going to be games where you seem to always get a hit with RISP and score 10-15 runs and games like last night where you get your hits but not with RISP and you are going to score 0-4 runs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

It's one thing to lose. It's another to beat yourselves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pennasoxfan67. Show pennasoxfan67's posts

The right field tandem of JD Drouchebag and Mike "he can't hit, he can't hit, sahhhhwing battahhhh" Cameron is pathetic.  Nancy cost us that game last night by deciding to whine instead of running out that passed ball.  He would have been safe if he had taken his head out of his butt and looked around.

This one's on you Nancy.  Retire already!  Seriously, you've got a corner outfield combo that has produced 55 hits, 7 home runs and 27 RBIs in 268 at bats?  Loathsome....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

easy tiger..its the last year of their respective contracts..He'll be gone at the end of the year..The team is still in 1st and still leads the league in runs. Drew is hardly the reason they lost last night..Maybe you should take your 55 posts in 2 years and start your own discussion..looks like you need to vent...I love the drive by fans here...stop in for a quick slam of a player and or management and dont come back for a couple months...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to WE ARE NOT GOING TO WIN THEM ALL, BUT LAST NIGHT.......:
    [QUOTE]  WAS A GIFT TO OUR FRIENDS FROM SAN DIEGO !! THE YANK$$$ ARE STAYING CLOSE, 1 GAME OUT.......  WHAT SAY YOU ????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know.  Rizzo is obviously the real deal, and Kelly was the centerpiece.  But maybe Theo threw in this game as a pot sweetener in the Gonzalez deal.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

well guys, you can't say that we didn't have our opportunities. I thought for sure that papi was gonna hit a walk off. and then having agon with the bases loaded? killed me to see him strike out. so as Bill said, were not gonna win em all.

just let's win today and hope that the reds come to play their double header.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

What are we? Something absurd like 14 wins for our last 17? Meh, we lost, whatever.

EDIT: Drew bashing. We had opertonities for Ortiz and Gonzo, those two are the keys to our offense, they didn't come up big. These things happen, Drew is in the last year of his contract, he fields well, the days when he was a key part to our offense are long gone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Not even remotely concerned. Had to use Aceves in an emergency start, he had a brutal stretch in which he walked five runs in, and our best hitter left a small village on base. Does anyone believe this is the start of a bad trend?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Bill, while your point is taken...like my Dad used to tell me...sometimes you just get beat...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

As most of you know, it is a very long season. the stankees will not go away, for sure, in fact I expect the AL East lead to sway back and forth between The Boston Red Sox and the stankees all year long, just like so many years in the past. For me, I am greatful we came back so quickly from that horrendous start to not only compete, but take the lead. We will be fine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: WE ARE NOT GOING TO WIN THEM ALL, BUT LAST NIGHT.......:
    [QUOTE]Bill, while your point is taken...like my Dad used to tell me...sometimes you just get beat...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]  ON THE OTHER HAND, MY DAD WOULD SAY...... "SON, IT'S OK TO GET BEAT, JUST DON'T GIVE THE GAME AWAY" !!!!!