We are so blessed to have Old Man Wakefield and his ERA of 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Re: We are so blessed to have Old Man Wakefield and his ERA of 5

In Response to We are so blessed to have Old Man Wakefield and his ERA of 5:
    [QUOTE]What am i missing? I hear how unbelieveably lucky we are to have this Old Codger go out there and get smacked all over the field and i know im missing something. Its like the Besatles, i know there must be somethnig to them but i think they're sh1te. Wakefield is appaling year after year. He can barely walk lets alone pitch and consistently has an ERA right around 5. So what am i missing? 
    Posted by jamesey271975[/QUOTE]

He's pathetic but we have no rotation until Lester and Bucholtz MAN-UP.  No muscle tear, no ligament or tendon damage, no broken bones and yet those two sissies can give it a go?  So in the meantime we're stuck with Wake and the kid from Pawtucket with one pitch.   It's sickening. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Wakefield is appaling year after year. He can barely walk lets alone pitch and consistently has an ERA right around 5. So what am i missing?

You aren't missing anything.

You are missing everything.

The nut who said "Wakefield's numbers are better than they look" is missing a screw.

Unlike you, I actually watch the games. Your "buddy Jake" took a wrong route on a fly ball turning it into a double and 2 "earned runs" off Wake. Youk missed a hard grounder right at him for a "hit" and another run. Several runs scored on IF hits and passed balls. More inherited runs scored by relievers of Wake than any other Sox starter.

All you see are the HRs. (Yes, there have been plenty of those.)

Run support almost allowed Wastefield to get the win, last night. He was charged with 3 ER, when he gave up missles and threw a gopher ball to the backstop that made the stat box project a false perception. Wastefield gave up 7 ER, in reality.

It was clearly a passed ball. Watch the game next time you try and spew misiformation.

Wastefield's ERA is over 5 since the last of 2009. It's near 5, now. The sample is large, not jut a few weeks.

"Jut" keep cherry-picking the timeframe that includes Wake's recovery from back surgery and a season where he was jerked from the pen to starter 10 times. That makes a lot of sense.

Even if you go by "numbers since mid 2009, Wake's numbers still are way better than Miller's.

Wastefield looks bad and is worse than his bad numbers show. He caused the pen to be a 6 man pen for nearly two months of the season.

You keep saying this and ignore the facts. Wake has over 6 IP per start. That places him as the third best innings eater per start out of the 8 starters used this year. You clearly have no clue.

Investing innings in the youth is the way to go.

Who? Miller in April? Miller in May? Weiland? An injured Doubront? Wally?

I can think of nothing more delightful than watching Wastefield make good on his threat to pitch for the Rays.

Proving you hope for a Sox player to fail. Some fan you are. The only thing you are a fan of is your own inflated ego.

He needs to take Varitek with him.

Keep clinging to your misguided psoitions, maybe one will turn out right for once.

If the Red Sox bring those to blown out tires back over younger talent then Theo needs to bring Lowell back.

Then you'd have one more Sox player to bash.

Red Sox fans 

Since joining the Marlins:

In the 8 games since joining the Marlins, Mike Cameron has a .375 OBP, 4 RBI's and 1 HR. 

A great sample size for a "AAAA" team as you called it.

The point of this is not that Cameron should be in the Red Sox future plans, it's that Cameron is aged out but can still contribute something at the MLB level. But that something isn't the future.

If only we had BHall.

Most Red Sox fans have themselves to blame for the circus of Tim Wastefield. Players the large majority hate get gone in a hurry, merited or not.

Yes, us fans are to blame for the team's 8-4 record when Wake starts.

Who cares what Wastefied and Varitek might do in Tampa, they have no business being mentioned with the future. Varitek's career plate numbers have declined accross the board and get worse as the season goes along.

What you keep failinbg to realize that even in decline, VTek is better than many team's #1 catcher. He's our back-up: get it?

He is uanble to do what young catchers can do, throw well and move behind the plate well.

VTek is having a nice year after sloe start.
    CS%:
    2009: 13%
    2010: 21%
    2011: 23%
    (Salty's at 25% and VMart is at 22%, 21% in 2010 and 11% in 2009 in Bos.)
    OPS
    2008: .672
    2009: .703
    2010: .766
    2011: .741

CERA is a myth that simply is skewed with Salty suffering through Wastefield and Varitek coasting with one of Beckett's up years, not to mention time and place skewing that takes place.

You keep proving your ignorance on CERA. CERA is only supposed to be used in seperate individual pitcher catcher comparisons. We've tried to explain this to you countless times. You still don't get it.

Compare how Lester does with Salty vs how he does with Vtek, compare how Lackey does with Salty vs how he does with VTek, etc... Get it? (NO!)
    Since this year most starters have been caught almost exclusively by just one catcher, CERA has not been used to cut down Salty or vaunt VTek by those of us who know how CERA is supposed to be used.

Bottom line, if most Red Sox fans want these old farts back, they will be back. If you want them gone, they will be gone.

Fans wanted JBay back: gone.
    Fans wanted Damon back: gone.
    Fans wanted Pedro back: gone.
    Fans wanted Beltre back: gone.
    Fans wanted Papi gone: here.
    Fans want Drew gone: here.
    Fans Lackey gone: here.

Fans want softy gone: HERE!

I want them gone, regardless of how 2011 ends up. Beckett's up year, Ortiz's up year, AGon added, less DL time to core starters has made the difference to date. But that's not an endorsement of Wastefield and Varitek. 

Heaven forbid you give these two any credit for doing better than you expected.

I wanted them gone in 2010. Here they are again, bench guys butt kissing O's and all. It's tired, it's old. Invest the time in the youth.

You wanted them gone after 2008 as well.

I suspect most Red Sox fans want to keep these two golden nuggets away from the Rays. I would love to see the Red Sox pitch to Varitek, steal on him, and launch ball over Wastefield's head. I hope to see it, because these guys won't leave the game in good form, they are going to be kicked out of the game.  

And, will you be here posting their 8 games stats with TB if they do well?

Not!

Why not post BHall's numbers?
    Why not post Drew's numbers?
    Why not post Dice-K's injury log like you do with Jed?

We all know why: silly clown.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He doesn't warrant your time or UR patience, Moon.
    He just doesn't.
    It's such a fine line between his baiting, his bias, and his baseball ignorance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Let the games begin. the guy ost of you feel is the most indespensible member of the Sox trots out again  and tjmhe high fly balls start coming. he can hardly walk FFS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: We are so blessed to have Old Man Wakefield and his ERA of 5:
    [QUOTE]Let the games begin. the guy ost of you feel is the most indespensible member of the Sox trots out again  and tjmhe high fly balls start coming. he can hardly walk FFS

How about this.  Just enjoy the game and support the guy.  Is that so hard to do? It seems like wasted energy to bash your favorite team's pitcher on the day he is set to pitch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

His 2000 K's in a Sox uniform is a special milestone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He looks like he's finding the groove again. His ball is dancing. 

(Cue: softy's claim that Seattle is a AAAA line-up. Edit: his ERA is now over 5.00, softy is smiling.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

One amazing trend this year for Wake as a starter (before today):

1st PA of game: .734 Opponents OPS.
    2nd PA of game: .694
    3rd PA of game: .937
    4th + PA of gm: .476

As a reliever:
    1st PA: .645
    2nd PA: 2.048

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]What am i missing? I hear how unbelieveably lucky we are to have this Old Codger go out there and get smacked all over the field and i know im missing something. Its like the Besatles, i know there must be somethnig to them but i think they're sh1te. Wakefield is appaling year after year. He can barely walk lets alone pitch and consistently has an ERA right around 5. So what am i missing? 

You are treading on Softlaw's territory. You just might get cited for copyright infringement. There are unwritten rules and grandfathered rights in this BDC forum and we do our best to abide by them. Wakefield bashing is in the domain of Softlaw. A word to the wise should be sufficient.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

I still think Wakefield has stuck for two or three years. Pure luck that he didnt lose bioth his last starts. Both were abolsutely awful

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

He's a 50/50 shot every time he takes the mound.  He gave up 7 runs to the pitiful Seattle team today but the Sox refused to lose.  The bats saved his butt again.

However instead of blaming him I come down hard on Lester and Bucholtz for not having the guts to man-up.  It's truly pathetic those two have milked the DL for all its worth.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: We are so blessed to have Old Man Wakefield and his ERA of 5:
    [QUOTE]Disaster against a AAA lineup, 5 plus ERA for over 2 years. Wastefield has dirt on Henry.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

Moon, you hit the trifecta!