We are very Fortunate to have so many Solid #5 Starters!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

We are very Fortunate to have so many Solid #5 Starters!

Well blind Homers explain again (sigh) away how valuable Wake is, and how fairly good Lackey is, both as #5 starters.

How many #5's can a team be so lucky to have on the starting staff at one time?  3? 4? All 5?

Seems all it takes to please most of you is a guy who can "keep his team in the game" by giving up 5 runs in 5 innings. Perhaps what it boils down to is the NUMBER 5 is your favorite number. Anything "5" is okay with you.

I had high hopes for Dice-K going into April but even when he was here it was just another fiver on the staff.

Let's hear it for "5" !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: We are very Fortunate to have so many Solid #5 Starters!

This has all the earmarks of one of your finer efforts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to We are very Fortunate to have so many Solid #5 Starters!:
    [QUOTE]Well blind Homers explain (again, sigh) away how valuable Wake is, and how fairly good Lackey is, both as # 5 starters. How many # 5 's can a team be so lucky to have on the starting staff at one time?  3? 4? All 5 ? Seems all it takes to please most of you is a guy who can "keep his team in the game" by giving up 5 runs in 5 innings. Perhaps what it boils down to is the NUMBER 5 is your favorite number. Anything " 5 " is okay with you. Let's hear it for " 5 " !!!
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

OK, then.

http://youtu.be/wmfKzTOGf-U

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Wakefield is a good #12 starter, in AAA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I just don't get how Beckett is still sick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Two starts lost with the tummy flu ... hey it can happen, but it certainly happened at the wrong time for the team.  Of course no time is a good time to lose your ace.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

More tribute to the number 5.

http://youtu.be/YfZkoYR4I7A

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

This is baseball thread, please take your act back to youtube.com, I am sure they miss you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

How many games Becket misses each season?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Beckett is sensational this year, and has been many before... just bad timing. All is wrong these last days of June.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: We are very Fortunate to have so many Solid #5 Starters!:
    [QUOTE]This is baseball thread, please take your act back to youtube.com, I am sure they miss you.

Is that what this crap this?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

please have some respect for the game... and do not bring your personal war onto this thread... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Like you did on Moon's REALISTIC thread.
    UR getting smaller.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

your so small you cannot even see me type the word          

There I just typed it 17 times and you can't even see it... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Please! This is a baseball thread. Have a little respect for the puny poster who started this player bashing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

forget the starters and come up with some stimulant for Gonzalez. He went out with runners on second twice in the last 3 innings. He shows no passion. He is an outstandig hitter, but none of the competitiveness of Pedroia and youkilis. He's in for the paycheck period.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

www.nesn.com/2011/01/2011-red-sox-will-challenge-1927-yankees-for-title-of-greatest-team-in-major-league-history.html

"
    Lester is a Cy Young winner waiting to happen. Beckett will notch more than six victories. Lackey should be better equipped to avoid the one-bad-inning syndrome. Buchholz has become a force. And Dice-K might be the best No. 5 starter ever. The Japanese right-hander is the only pitcher in the rotation who’s never been an All-Star, but this could be the year he ends that streak.
    "

Like second marriages, being a RS shill (or fan) takes a lot of hope winning out over experience.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]This has all the earmarks of one of your finer efforts.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that these statements represented some of the top 5% of analysis, one one of the top 5% of teams in the game...  GREAT job..... we are glad to have Burrito as one of our 5 best posters.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I'm ok with multiple #5 starters when you're down to pitchers 6, 7, and 8.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Without question, starting pitching is the single most important element in building a championship team. You should not be willing to accept mediocrity by saying you don't expect much from a # 4 or 5 starter. Every game is equally important in the standings. With Beckett out sick and Buch on the D.L. , the Sox are struggling. It is not a good situation when you have to rely on the Lackeys and Wakefields , then justify their performance by saying they are only the # 4 or 5 guys. I am not entirely sold on Miller as yet, either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Without question, starting pitching is the single most important element in building a championship team. You should not be willing to accept mediocrity by saying you don't expect much from a # 4 or 5 starter. Every game is equally important in the standings. With Beckett out sick and Buch on the D.L. , the Sox are struggling. It is not a good situation when you have to rely on the Lackeys and Wakefields , then justify their performance by saying they are only the # 4 or 5 guys. I am not entirely sold on Miller as yet, either.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

You need to realize that there isn't much out there in terms of upgrades at this point though.  No team is going to have 8 starters capable of being #1 or #2 guys.  The Sox are missing 3 guys right now in Buch, Beckett, and Dice.  People seem to forget how Aceves has performed this year in a starting role because of his last outting, but he was better than a #5 guy.  Wake has the ERA and WHIP of a #3 pitcher going into his past outting.  Miller has had 1 start, so it's tough to call him anything at this point, but he really only made two mistake pitches in his first MLB start of the season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The--Babe----. Show ---The--Babe----'s posts

In Response to We are very Fortunate to have so many Solid #5 Starters!:
    [QUOTE]Well blind Homers explain again (sigh) away how valuable Wake is, and how fairly good Lackey is, both as # 5 starters. How many # 5 's can a team be so lucky to have on the starting staff at one time?  3? 4? All 5 ? Seems all it takes to please most of you is a guy who can "keep his team in the game" by giving up 5 runs in 5 innings. Perhaps what it boils down to is the NUMBER 5 is your favorite number. Anything " 5 " is okay with you. I had high hopes for Dice-K going into April but even when he was here it was just another fiver on the staff. Let's hear it for " 5 " !!!

I was just suprised that a team with 6 "aces" would have so many number 5 starters.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to We are very Fortunate to have so many Solid #5 Starters! : I was just suprised that a team with 6 "aces" would have so many number 5 starters.
    Posted by ---The--Babe----[/QUOTE]

But who said that about the 6 aces?  One poster here? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

JB-3 makes some good points.... there are few options aside from rolling the dice on some different #5's;  say Millwood for instance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Milwood is a good option..to take Lackey's spot