we got a tsnami here....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: we got a tsnami here....

In response to mef429's comment:

i like stupid hillybilly

As a real hillbilly I can't say I like that one much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

listen, i am not one to go off on political rants so i will just say this.

the problem with our country does not have a solution any one man can fix.. its needs to be a collective effort by all parts of the government. Yet, everyone is so focused on political infighting and finger pointing that absolutely nothing ever gets done! it doesn't matter who gets ellected this november because nothing is going to change if the 2 major political parties don't get their heads out of their touchholes and work together for once. its always "im a republican! screw the democrats!!" or vice versa. its never "we're americans, how can we work together to better our country"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

i like stupid hillybilly

As a real hillbilly I can't say I like that one much.

well, the words i would actually use to describe him can not be posted

i like village idiot

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

The counter arguement???

The predictable ad hominem attack.....  "you're a right wing-nut." 

why?

There is no refuting a single substantive policy point I just made.  Guys like Mr.Yazz & Softy are the real equal and opposite true WING-NUTS!

I like you RSDD, and I think your heart is in the right place.  But don't you think that claiming that you are absolutely right and everyone else is absolutely wrong somewhat undermines your credibility?

Why should it?  I am absolutely right & everyone else is absolutely wrong!

LOL.....

p.s.  I never said I was absolutely right & everyone else was ab. wrong.  Never said it.

Now....  Softy is an absolute moron!  His nut job extreme right wing demagoguery & race baiting, simply feeds into the stereotyping of all Republicans.  He adds absolutely nothing reasonable to a socio-political debate.  Mr.Yazz is close to the same on the other extreme.  Both socio-political poles are too dim-witted to do anything but demagogue an issue, as they have very little to say with respect to finding a middle ground.  I do use a bit of hyperbole to accentuate the absurdity of their opinions.  Just a bit of poetic license :)

As to my substantive, issue oriented critique of the president I once supported????  Never do I say I am completely right & everyone else is wrong.  Having said that, of course I think I'm spot on with respect to my opinions on those substantive issues.  In fact, I think it would be next to impossible to seriously argue the facts that I presented, as I presented them, without thinking I was right about them.  If there was a relevant issue in question, I probably ignored it as generally irrelevent to the discussion of Obama, & his JOB competency, or not a determinative factor in my choice for the next president.  I personally believe he has been an abject failure with respect to the most important issues of our time.  Certainly the Republicans have many many problems with respect to how they have governed, but on balance, IMHO:), it's no contest in this presidential election.  Romney is a flawed candidate!!!  TO BE SURE!  Even conceding this point, there is no contest with who I think will "BETTER" tackle the issues I presented.

Guys like Stiffy & Mr.yazz simply want obscure the issues.  Easy enough!  Demagogue the hell out of a marginally related issue, & distract from the real debate.  This is politics 101.  The sad thing???  It works with most people.  Sadly?  Stiffy is bright enough to realize this.  That's precisely why I can't stand him.  He, & those like him on the exreme Right Wing, give the reasonable, moderate Right Wing Republicans with a brain, like me, a bad name.  Mr.yazz?  Not so bright.  He's never even tried to argue an issue head on in his life.  In his defense, there's not much of what I presented that he can argue head on.  They are manifestly accurate. 

As I've said many times, I once supported Obama!  I was disgusted with Bush, & willing to give Obama a chance.  Hardly the thing a Right Wing-nut would ever consider.  It was a big mistake!!!!!!!!!!   The emperor has no clothes!  Some of the sackless, wishy washy, uninformed, middle of the roader independents still don't see it???  Cut the shiiiiiiiiit!  Anybody who is still undecided should get their head checked & pick up a paper once in a while.  If you are still undecided, on either side, you don't deserve to vote.  If you are that pathetically uninformed, there is little chance you will get up to speed in the last 10 days.  Unfortunately, it's the least informed who will decide this election, either way.  SCARY!

Arrogant?  I guess so???  Irritated by these folks?  Definitely!  Most of my friends here in Oregon, & back home in Mass. are Liberal Dems.  I love them, but I get a little tired of hearing their demagogic lectures about Republicans.  They're all well educated & employed.  They have theirs, & don't seem to give a rip about the hard working blue collar stiffs / friends of mine who can't find a decent job.  Being born & raised in Mass, & having spent the last 30 years in log ville Central, I have a profound respect for the hard working blue collar guys who make this country run.  I can't stand the arrogant upper middle class, Portland Oregon, we've got ours, so the loggers can go screw themselves, Greater Portland Area mentality.  That, "I want to keep our backyard pristine, & the regular blue collar joes can go scruuuu" mentality.  Domestic oil.  Sure I love my SUV, but drill in "my backyard?"  HELL NO!  I hate oil!  BUT....  I'll send your son to defend my oil in the middle east.  The IRONIES are too deep & too rich for the mindless ideologues to catch up with.........

OK :)  Done ranting :)   That was cathartic!  & I feel so much better about myself, knowing others are simply too dumb to get me.  LOL!  Please excuse the rampant demagoguery in this rant!  It wouldn't have worked without it.  Plus, being right gives me a certain immunity to my own rules of engagement.  :)

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

this is getting childish......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Once again Mr.Yazz & Co. prove my points!  They simply cannot refute a single one on the merits of a sound & half way reasoned counter-argument.  Mr. Yazz is reduced to the simple ad hominem.  Why not take on each point????  He can't!  So.....  the name calling.

He obviously ignores my calling Romney a flawed candidate, but easily supperior to the Obama record & lack of a second term agenda.  More likely, the reading level, or perhaps the length (I'll excuse him due to my vebosity) made it difficult for him to get through the entire thing.  Still.......  He simply can't refute a single point on the merits.  NOT ONE!  His debate style is similar to that of Stiffy.  :)  Likely his alter-ego????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

for the record....  I actually don't think mr.yazz is a bad guy.  He simply gets flustered very easily, & for good reason.  When you put so much hope & trust into a politician, built on the cult of personality, you are doomed to frustration in defending their record.  I don't have high hopes for Romney if he wins, but I do believe in change now!  Then again.....  I did contribute to Obama in 08......  My judgement is open to criticism!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Just one of my good natured liberal friends!

PLEASE take a crack at the point by point case I layed out!  Leave the name calling to the likes of mr.yazz & Stiffy.  :)

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:

You just defended Mr. Yazz and then defended him in your last two posts. Make up your mind.

I think my arguments speak for themselves.  I clearly disagree with mr.yazz with respect to president Obama in the strongest terms possible.  On the issues!  On these points, which I doubt you read, I was unequivical in my condemnation of the president's handling of his JOB.  In fact, I was called a "Right Wing-Nut" by my.yazz, as he has done in the past when I took the occasion to lay out a clear case against a second term for this president. 

while I did take a few good natured shots at my.yazz, I don't see why I should attack his character?  Is there something you don't get about that?  I think mr.yazz is pretty well uninformed, & sees things through a partisan ideological lense.  He, like many on the far left, are incapable of seeing things clearly.  I get it.  Unlike these vacant igeologues, I was able to see the flaws in the Bush administration, and the terrible decision to fight terrorism in a conventional military way.  Iraq was a huge foreign policy blunder.  Ironically, it has turned out far better than "the good war," (as liberals termed it) Afghanistan, where president Obama added 140,000 troops.  3/4 of all the U.S. military deaths in Afghanistan have come under the Obama administration.  If it were Bush, we would see a nightly running tally on every msm outlet.  Dispicable!  Where are all my anti-war friends on the left????  Where did you people go?  Hmmmm????  Unlike my liberal friends, I also still consider our debt, which Mr. Obama called immoral, still relevant.  President Obama has racked up more debt than President Bush did in 8 years.  Obama??? It took him 3 1/2 years, & still not a single budget, dispite owning the House & Senate for the first 2 years.  The result?  Almost $6 TRILLION in new DEBT!!!    In those 2 years, he crammed HCL down our throats, promising our HC costs would go down by $2,500 / yr.  They have risen by $2,500.  If you doubt me, you have too much money to notice.  The list of Obama (Jimmy Carter II) failures could go on & on, as i enumerated in earlier posts.  Still not one substantive rebuttal to a single point.  Not one!

Anyway.....  I clearly think mr.yazz is a "brain-dead" (so to speak:) ideologue, incapable of seeing Obama clearly.  His partisan ideology keeps him from looking at things with an open mind.  Unlike my loss of confidence in President Bush, mr.yazz & co. will support President Obama no matter how bad his record gets.  Dispite the dismal job numbers.  No matter how high energy prices, HC costs, the cost of fuel, the cost of higher ed, the cost of food, or the cost to all our families.  It's sad, but most are incapable of looking at politics objectively.  Their partisan personas are too deeply entrenched.  It's too difficult for people to think independently.  They seek out the info. that confirms their pre-conceived world views, & ignore competing objective information.

I don't even dislike mr.yazz.  I think he's dead wrong, but I don't need to castrate the guy.

Lighten up Francis :)

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:

"Lighten up Francis". Now who else on the forum continually uses that phrase over and over again. One of them was Breidy but I vaguely remember a few others. Another cliche in the  forum is ' the definition of insanity is repeating something over and over and expecting different results". Now what that Alibiike or Bill-806 or Harv53?

LOL....  Conspiracy theory 101.  My guess is they got it from me, as I was probably the first to use this "STRIPES" quote.  Doubt they even know where it comes from.  Not sure about Harv53 or Alibiike, but you can talk to big Bill-806, another semi brain dead ideologue, about a few jousts with me.  He's not to fond of me.  But don't let me stop your paranoia, as I find the inquisition quite amusing.  Small minds love these witch hunts :)  Dig away baby!  Theres's nobody out there who thinks or writes like me.  Pretty distinctive in my verbosity.  How 'bout getting an original thought & making a reasoned challenge?  Nahhhh!  I think it might take a bit too much brain power.  I think you might be driving a Yugo up this mountainous debate road???

Prove me wrong :)

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

btw... mr. yonkers, since you scampered to the rescue of mr.yazz, I will assume you share his brain dead partisan ideology.  so......  here's the challenge!  Take on every point I layed out in my earlier post.  One by one, & give a specific counter argument to each one.  Be specific.  Prove me wrong! 

You won't!  because you can't.  A reasoned, intelligent liberal, as are many of my friends, could certainly put up a spirited counter-arguement for each of my points against an Obama second term.  YOU????  Highly doubtful that you could or would.

Ok ok ok....  There!  You got me to do it.  Now I'm truly being insulting.  I guess it's not below me???   :)   At least mr.yazz always has the good sense to just slink away & try another day.  He was quiet for months with me.  Even going out of his way to lend me an unrelated compliment on occasion.  Not sure you have the good sense or the equivalent brain power to realize which fight you brought the proberbial knife to. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.  just having fun trying to TWEAK you :) , but have fun with your rebuttal non the less.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

At least give me a new conspiracy theory!  I know you've at least got that in you.  :)

btw...  It's getting qute boring on this site.  Can't wait for Spring!  On a lighter note....  I hope you love politics like me???  This is all good sport to me.  You're still wrong, but good sport none the less.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Excellent conspiracy theory.  The only problem being the fact that wallyisdead insulted mr.yazz on this very page???  Great brain dead left wing ideologically vacant partisan mind though.  You are correct there.

Sorry!  I need to really dislike someone, a la Softy, to take any satisfaction in raking them.  You're just not quite dislikable enough!  You're still dead wrong, but you need to work on your personality!  :)

Sections
Shortcuts