We have A RF this year!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

We have A RF this year!

I've been watching Ross play on TV few times and he's looking like he's ready to take over that RF spot everyday.  Hope he has healthy and productive year for us this year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: We have A RF this year!

Sorry Cody.. I guess no one cares about you but me...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I'm hoping you're right.  He does seem like a good fit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I care.  I just don't like posting things like "I was Sign Ross bandleader all off-season" or "Told ya so".  But, I was the Sign Ross bandleader all off-season and I told ya so.  This guy is straight Trot Nixon.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: We have A RF this year!:
    I care.  I just don't like posting things like "I was Sign Ross bandleader all off-season" or "Told ya so".  But, I was the Sign Ross bandleader all off-season and I told ya so.  This guy is straight Trot Nixon.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus
    ...... H O F  !!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

during yesterdays game Orsillo and Remy were saying the Sox added some quality guys....Ross among them. Punto also.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

during yesterdays game Orsillo and Remy were saying the Sox added some quality guys....Ross among them. Punto also.
    Posted by J-BAY

I heard them when they said that too J. I've liked this kid from the get go. What made me laugh yesterday was trying to figure out who the heck some of these kids were because they looked pretty darn good. one kid made a helluva nice play in the outfield throwing a laser beam shot to second base to take a double away from one of the rays. Bucky had a nice curve ball working which also put a smile on my face. the one fopar I saw was the throwing error from our SS who IMHO Iggy would have made no problem. counting down the days til the season gets going.

gettin excited J.........I have a good feeling about this club and how they are gonna come outta the gate this april.Smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Posted by SpacemanEephus

If you were the bandleader than I was the band founder.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: We have A RF this year! : If you were the bandleader than I was the band founder.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Haha.  OK, I'll be the Joe Strummer to your Mick Jones.  In anycase, the groupies will now be flocking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Ross is a fly weight. He was added on the cheap as the fallout of the most embarrassing Red Sox FA contract in a long time! Then, to take Ellsbury and pay him nearly 10 million for 2001 career year due to a healthy Pedroia and an added AGon is like Bonzo running the team.

The Red Sox need a star young RH slugging OF'er to complete construction of everyday position players. A lawsuit for GM malpractice would be a good idea to explore to recover some of the 30 million for Crawford and Ellsbury. To mitigate the damage from Crawford's ball and chain budget buster, Ellsbury final 2 years of arbitration should have been traded in what will be his 2 years of FA stock high, with other parts, to net a star young RH OPS OF'er.

Cherry's first big GM mistake, on the heels of InEpstein's biggest mistake, Crawford, was putting Ellsbuy on the books for nearly 10 million instead of sending video and solicitations to every MLB team with a young star RH OPS Of'er.

To be fair to Cherry, he did take the old smelling trash to the dumpster, 2 trash bags filled with Wastefield and Varitek.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: We have A RF this year! : ...... H O F  !!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Why does this response not surprise me?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomasmtom. Show Thomasmtom's posts

I look for Ross to have a career year. Cody will enjoy his time at Fenway with improved power numbers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

The spray chart for Cody points to him making many many new dents on the Green Monster.

Space called this one. Almost Ruthian.

Cody is the dirt dog that this team needs.

Career year, no doubt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

the one fopar I saw was the throwing error from our SS
    Posted by Hammah29r2

A faux pas is a violation of accepted social norms (for example, standard customs or etiquette rules.) :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to We have A RF this year!:
    I've been watching Ross play on TV few times and he's looking like he's ready to take over that RF spot everyday.  Hope he has healthy and productive year for us this year. 
    Posted by seannybboi

Nobody checking in here    :o)

Ross IS doing remarkably well.  The little I'v read suggests he's really primed for a heck of a season.  His bat is usually silent during ST ...but not this year!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Ross is a fly weight. He was added on the cheap as the fallout of the most embarrassing Red Sox FA contract in a long time! Then, to take Ellsbury and pay him nearly 10 million for 2001 career year due to a healthy Pedroia and an added AGon is like Bonzo running the team. The Red Sox need a star young RH slugging OF'er to complete construction of everyday position players. A lawsuit for GM malpractice would be a good idea to explore to recover some of the 30 million for Crawford and Ellsbury. To mitigate the damage from Crawford's ball and chain budget buster, Ellsbury final 2 years of arbitration should have been traded in what will be his 2 years of FA stock high, with other parts, to net a star young RH OPS OF'er. Cherry's first big GM mistake, on the heels of InEpstein's biggest mistake, Crawford, was putting Ellsbuy on the books for nearly 10 million instead of sending video and solicitations to every MLB team with a young star RH OPS Of'er. To be fair to Cherry, he did take the old smelling trash to the dumpster, 2 trash bags filled with Wastefield and Varitek.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

Speaking of 'old trash', this is more of it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Glad they signed him..Good ballplayer and good teammate...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: We have A RF this year! : If you were the bandleader than I was the band founder.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Yes you were! I think I was the second or thrid man jumping on your bandwagon.

I think we'll see Cody play nearly everyday. He'll play RF vs half the righties and all the lefties, and he'll get some time in LF as CC heals and later gets some days off (vs LHPs). 

This could be the gem signing of the off-season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I like both Ross and Sweeny. Both have a good attitude, and will grind it out however they are asked. I think we know what Ross will contribbute, but I'm interested to see how Sweeny develops under Bobby V. There's a lot of talent there for him to have been a throw in for the Baily Reddick trade. It seems like him straight up for Reddick would have been closer, but adding an all star closer...i dunno how Oakland makes that trade look good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: We have A RF this year! : A faux pas is a violation of accepted social norms (for example, standard customs or etiquette rules.) :)
    Posted by dustcover

Doesn't society say that he should make that throw from short? Wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

This could be the gem signing of the off-season.

Cody Ross, a gem signing............................................................

No more than offering Wakefield and Varitek 2 million.........................

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

This could be the gem signing of the off-season. Cody Ross, a gem signing............................................................ No more than offering Wakefield and Varitek 2 million.........................
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

A gem doesn't have to be a diamond Softy.  An scarlet ruby purchased at the price of a topaz is value.  You have stated that the Sox don't need a Ross type but an all-star slugging stud.  But, I do not see the value in that.  It is a bit of redundancy in a line-up that already features 5 monster OPS bats.  But, a versatile OFer who is a solid bat (and should benefit from Fenway big time) with the make-up of a Cody ross, that actually fills a giant need for this particular club.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

It was a mistake to trade Reddick away. He was our RF for years to come. Now we have another platoon situation in RF, to add to our platoon situation at SS. I'm sorry but Ross and Sweeney do not make up for Reddick.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

It was a mistake to trade Reddick away. He was our RF for years to come. Now we have another platoon situation in RF, to add to our platoon situation at SS. I'm sorry but Ross and Sweeney do not make up for Reddick.
    Posted by Alibiike

Well, this will be fun to track Ike.  long term, I seriously doubt that Reddick will ever amount to much more than a serviceable major leaguer.  Lets keep tabs and get back to eachother down the road.  As for the immediate future, I have no doubt that the Ross/Sweeney platoon will far outperform Reddick in 2012.  I am diametrically opposed in prognostication.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: We have A RF this year! : Well, this will be fun to track Ike.  long term, I seriously doubt that Reddick will ever amount to much more than a serviceable major leaguer.  Lets keep tabs and get back to eachother down the road.  As for the immediate future, I have no doubt that the Ross/Sweeney platoon will far outperform Reddick in 2012.  I am diametrically opposed in prognostication.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Reddick contact hitter skills are more tailor fit for O.coliseum as he is a gap hitter. Ross has a better arm and more power...

Sections
Shortcuts