We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI".......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI".......

I agree, Hamilton will get way too much money and 2-3 too many years. I just mentioned his name as an alternative to spending big for 2-3 years of 36 year old Papi.

I'd much rather get a younger bat, but it's not easy prying a guy like McCutchen away from Pitt. and no, AZ will not take Jake, Aviles and Salty and a couple prospects for Upton.... who although is young has never been over .900 and is having an off year (maybe the time to "buy low"?).

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In Response to Re: We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI".......:
    [QUOTE]the Yanks have no interest in paying $12M + for a 37 year old (maybe) one dimensional player. If you look at the production they get from Ibanez and Jones  Sorry, dim wit, a .780 OPS is not "about the same" as a 1.024 OPS Speaking of outdated models, it worked well in 2004, dim wit. And speaking of old players, how is that business model working on A-Rod. Leave it to the Yankees to pay a record fortune to an old washed up 3rd baseman who will need the "outdated DH model" to keep from being released.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]Don't know where to start. You keep getting new screen names... 'cause you're a bit of a nasty person. I understand that and I forgive you for calling me a dim-wit; I know this stuff is very important to you and sometimes you lose control. But overlooking your manners ... you put all your chips on Ellsbury being a bust, and he goes and turns in one of the best years of any center fielder in recent memory.  So no matter authoritative you make yourself sound; you've got a credibility problem. I'll leave you with two predictions ... you will have to have a new screen name by year's end ... and Ortiz is not gonna be paid more than $7M by any other team besides the Sox next year.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI"....... : Papi's Achilles is a rupture away from a career ending injury, with his weight and the steroids he took, that Crab meat like tendon is ready to burst, thank god he jogs and doesn't run..
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]Another hater heard from. Yawn.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI"....... : Another hater heard from. Yawn.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Now you are being the "forum police"? I thought that everyone was against that?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI"....... : like my response isn't true?? facts are fatcs.. Papi is a big man ..truth Papi has a questionable history of PEDS *(ask Manny his buddy)..Truth Peds shred connective tissue...Truth Papi does indeed "jog"..Truth An achiles rupture for a big person can end a career...Truth so why are your panties all up in a bunch?? oh yeah... and  Karma is a b..itch... "Papi complaining he got a one year deal for 15 mil!!
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]Sorry. Did I give you the impression that my knickers were in a twist? I thought I was implying pretty clearly that you are boring. Hence the yawn.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

On postgame show, they just said that Papi got a cortisone shot today in his heel and might return to the lineup by Thursday.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI"....... : [QUOTE]On postgame show, they just said that Papi got a cortisone shot today in his heel and might return to the lineup by Thursday. Posted by Fenwayjimy[/QUOTE Should You Have a Cortisone Injection for Achilles Tendonitis? Patients undergoing a cortisone injection for the treatment of Achilles tendonitis must carefully understand the possible risk of this procedure. Specifically, they must understand the possibility of Achilles tendon rupture  and the possible need for surgery in the treatment of an Achilles tendon rupture. Second, cortisone injections should only be considered after a lengthy course of attempted treatment with standard Achilles treatments including anti-inflammatory medications, activity modifications, footwear changes, heel lifts, stretching and physical therapy. If patients have tried these treatments over a long stretch of time (at least 6 months) then injections may be considered.
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Papi is risking further injury & loss of millions to help the team make a push at a title.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I wonder if he's suffering from plantar fasciitis....pain in the heel and surrounding area...ask me, I'll tell ya.  If so, a long acting steroid like triamcinolone, dexamethasone, or methyprednisolone(not the same thing as anabolic steroids) could be injected into the heel....away from the achilles tendon.

If it truly is achilles tendon inflammation, I agree with the posters on seriousness and risk with steroid injection. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI"....... : Son, please, after 511 posts you claim to have pretty high opinions here !!!!  Heck, "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM" ????  No, I didn't think so........   Please, you need to calm down and "figure out how we do things around here" !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Bill, 

Of all people to claim to know how we do things around here. You don't even know that one yourself. 

Hetch

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaz82. Show Yaz82's posts

Response to Re: We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI".......:
    [QUOTE]On postgame show, they just said that Papi got a cortisone shot today in his heel and might return to the lineup by Thursday.
    Posted by Fenwayjimy[/QUOTE] It was not a cortisone shot it was a pain killing injection  comparable to Novacaine. I assume lidocaine

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI"....... : Papi's Achilles is a rupture away from a career ending injury, with his weight and the steroids he took, that Crab meat like tendon is ready to burst, thank god he jogs and doesn't run..
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]Thats a  B I N G O  !!!   Your making all my points.... Most posters on this board refuse to see that !!    Good post, SON 1!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

For the benefit of the above armchair doctors:

Earlier Monday, in an attempt to speed up his recovery, Ortiz had an injection of Novocaine to help alleviate the pain and soreness he was experiencing after supervised workouts.

“I guess [it lasts] for like 6-8 hours, but it’s supposed to get the pain better,’’ Ortiz said after Monday night’s 9-2 victory over the Rangers. “It hurt. Guess I have to give it a couple of days to see what the reaction is like and go from there.’’

Ortiz expressed hope of returning to the lineup for the upcoming 10-game road trip, which begins Thursday in Cleveland.

“If everything goes well, hopefully [Cleveland],’’ Ortiz said. “I don’t think I’m doing anything for the next couple of days. I haven’t been told anything.’’

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Just now on WEEI, Bobby V. indicates that PAPI will be back for the Baltimore series..... Quite frankly,  I don't see that !!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clamshack. Show Clamshack's posts

[QUOTE]  Just now on WEEI, Bobby V. indicates that PAPI will be back for the Baltimore series..... Quite frankly,  I don't see that !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

That's understandable since you always expect and hope for the worst. You are a very gloomy and cynical old fool. You dad would not be proud that he raised such a sad, cranky, morbid son. Perhaps you are just putting everyone on but still the old man would frown upon that also.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I called Bill a dumb old man and had my post deleted, not fair

Sections
Shortcuts