We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI".......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI".......

There's no need to call Bill names.  You can disagree with him without getting personal. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Really do you know he is old? Exactly how much do you presume to know about a poster with an avatar?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI".......:
    [QUOTE]Really do you know he is old? Exactly how much do you presume to know about a poster with an avatar?
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

Who are you asking?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

you. So what if I call him names.... he does that to people all the time. Do you know he is old? Do you know he is dumb? who cares

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI"....... : That's understandable since you always expect and hope for the worst. You are a very gloomy and cynical old fool. You dad would not be proud that he raised such a sad, cranky, morbid son. Perhaps you are just putting everyone on but still the old man would frown upon that also.
    Posted by Clamshack[/QUOTE]And you Son,  as a lib/left/mooooonbat needs to deal with the truth & facts that are before your own eyes !!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

ooooouchhhh!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Ortiz puts on a show in BP
     August, 7, 2012
    Aug 7

5:33

PM ET

By Joe McDonald | ESPNBoston.com

BOSTON -- David Ortiz, on the disabled list since July 16 with a right Achilles strain, took batting practice on Tuesday at Fenway Park and crushed the ball, showing no ill effects from the injury.

Ortiz received an injection of Marcaine on Tuesday to help numb the area and reduce the swelling. He is scheduled for a full workout of all baseball activities on Wednesday.

“He says he feels as good now as he did before he got hurt," Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine said. "He’s taking it slow today and will have full activity tomorrow.”

Valentine said it would be Ortiz’s decision if he feels he would need a minor league rehab stint, but Ortiz said he’s hoping to be back in the lineup for the Red Sox's series against the Indians in Cleveland that begins Thursday

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Good to hear that Papi might be back into the lineup tomorrow. Everybody happy now?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]There's no need to call Bill names.  You can disagree with him without getting personal. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Names like "Fatcat" or "moonbats"?  Respect is a 2-way street;  Bill gives none so he gets none.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

[QUOTE]  Just now on WEEI, Bobby V. indicates that PAPI will be back for the Baltimore series..... Quite frankly,  I don't see that !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

WHY?? Why would your opinion have any credibility whatsoever?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

Bill is a cranky old loon who has nothing to contribute to this forum.  The sooner people learn that, the better.  He insults people who do not agree with him and constantly drags politics into sports discussions.. I completely agree with Clamshack , I bet dear old Dad would be disgusted at the way you treat others.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI"....... : Names like "Fatcat" or "moonbats"?  Respect is a 2-way street;  Bill gives none so he gets none.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

Personally I can't see anybody getting upset about being called a moonbat by Bill, any more than being called a bootlicker by georom...they throw those words around like confetti.  I think it's a little different from calling someone a cynical old fool or a dumb old man. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI"....... : Personally I can't see anybody getting upset about being called a moonbat by Bill, any more than being called a bootlicker by georom...they throw those words around like confetti.  I think it's a little different from calling someone a cynical old fool or a dumb old man. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

I think the difference is marginal.

Bill used to be liked and respected - nearly the whole forum leapt to his defense when the Globe stopped him from typing in caps - but since then (6-8 months ago?) his behaviour has been terrible in many people's opinion including mine.

Waayyy too many posts, very repetive posts, a barrage of political nonsense and name calling, constantly abusing players he doesn't like, etc.  Plus he adds nothing...no ideas, no facts, nothing of value.

It's entirely possible he likes the attention, IMO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We have seen the last of one "BIG PAPI"....... : Names like "Fatcat" or "moonbats"?  Respect is a 2-way street;  Bill gives none so he gets none.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

Agreed.