We need to trade all three of the stooges ASAP...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

We need to trade all three of the stooges ASAP...

I don't care what their records are, what their contracts are worth, how many games they have won....they need to be traded, released, or put on permanent suspension until someone allows us to unload them...

Their deriliction of duty and arrogance is sickening and there is simply no reason to coddle, enable, excuse, or forgive players who gave so little chit about the team in the midst of a pennant race during the final month....

There is nothing out there that suggests it was anyone else but these three stooges...they think they were above the team, laughing all the way to the bank, behind their manager's back, and their behavior led directly to their poor performance that month...

I have heard enough - Ben needs to start off strong and trade all of them....I've had enough of this nonsense and will NEVER FORGIVE THEM FOR QUITTING ON US,  THEIR TEAM, AND THEIR MANAGER...

goodbye and good riddance...

p.s.  I hope all of you 3 Stooges supporters are ready to hear an avalanche of sickening revelations in reponse to lester's wormy denials and the other 2's cowardly hiding...it's going to get ugly - just end it and get rid of them

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: We need to trade all three of the stooges ASAP...

The Red Sox will not -- and should not -- overreact.

A team in dire need of better pitching should not trade three of their top starters.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

If they are so great, you can trade them for good players...either way I would never allow these idiots to play for my team if I were in charge or writing their checks...NEVER

they quit on the team - that is unforgiveable

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: We need to trade all three of the stooges ASAP...:
    [QUOTE]If they are so great, you can trade them for good players...either way I would never allow these idiots to play for my team if I were in charge or writing their checks...NEVER they quit on the team - that is unforgiveable
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    With all due respect, this is one reason you're not in charge.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

hill  If I were in charge, this NEVER wouldve happened...I told everyone that Tito was WEAK for years...

I was right then, Im right now-  these guys will be begging to be traded by March...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

2011 COMBINED SALARIES OF THE THREE STOOGES...$39,000,000

THE TOTAL NUMBER OF GAMES WON BY THE THREE STOOGES...40

COST PER VICTORY....APPROX $1,000,000 (NOT COUNTING BONUSES)

trade them now please

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE] I would never allow these idiots to play for my team if I were in charge or writing their checks..

You're not and they will. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]The Red Sox will not -- and should not -- overreact. A team in dire need of better pitching should not trade three of their top starters.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]  SORRY HILL55...... IM WITH GEROME ON THIS ONE...... I WOULD TRADE ALL 3 OF THEM TO K C OR SOME OTHER SMALL MARKET........  THEY BROKE THE "TRUST"  !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

People need to calm down and step away from the keyboard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]The Red Sox will not -- and should not -- overreact. A team in dire need of better pitching should not trade three of their top starters.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

What happened to the dire need in Sept??? Yes you can drink to that. But i agree the THREE STOOGES should get the h..LL out of town .Total losers they are and no win-- lose record can change that. Heck..Let the THREE STOOGES go vist Roger and they all can suck down some cold ones and laugh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We need to trade all three of the stooges ASAP... :   SORRY HILL55...... IM WITH GEROME ON THIS ONE...... I WOULD TRADE ALL 3 OF THEM TO K C OR SOME OTHER SMALL MARKET........  THEY BROKE THE "TRUST"  !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

And here is the problem with the "clean house" attitude.  KC had a payroll of 38 million dollars last year but I'm sure they are real eager to take on 15 million on Lackey or Beckett.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Trade Beckett and Lester?!?  I think some of you have been drinking waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much beer. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]If they are so great, you can trade them for good players...either way I would never allow these idiots to play for my team if I were in charge or writing their checks...NEVER they quit on the team - that is unforgiveable

Agreed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We need to trade all three of the stooges ASAP... : Agreed.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

George Romeo makes one heck of a Veal Parmesian in Springfield's Little Italy ghetto and Yankee fans get a free flask of Chianti. Photos on the wall of Munson and Maris. Go there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Package Beckett, Lackey and Youk(or Papi). Keep Lester. If you want Lackey gone he will need to be in a deal with someone good. It would be similar to how we got Mike Lowell with Beckett. A throw in. And one of the best throw ins around.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Wait!! Is georom trying to trade ME?!!?!?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Lackey has to go.

Beckett?  Trading him would be a smart move - as he is a complete a hole

Lester - keep him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Yes, trade Geo, 2004Idiots and ADG to a Yankee board, or any sports board for that matter. Don't know who we'll get in return, but it can't be any worse.

Thanks for the assist of Hill, a Seattle fan, with more sense than any of the three.

Oh, and I left out Greenapplesplatters. They can take him with them as a freebie.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In Response to We need to trade all three of the stooges ASAP...:
    [QUOTE]I don't care what their records are, what their contracts are worth, how many games they have won....they need to be traded, released, or put on permanent suspension until someone allows us to unload them... Their deriliction of duty and arrogance is sickening and there is simply no reason to coddle, enable, excuse, or forgive players who gave so little chit about the team in the midst of a pennant race during the final month.... There is nothing out there that suggests it was anyone else but these three stooges...they think they were above the team, laughing all the way to the bank, behind their manager's back, and their behavior led directly to their poor performance that month... I have heard enough - Ben needs to start off strong and trade all of them....I've had enough of this nonsense and will NEVER FORGIVE THEM FOR QUITTING ON US,  THEIR TEAM, AND THEIR MANAGER... goodbye and good riddance... p.s.  I hope all of you 3 Stooges supporters are ready to hear an avalanche of sickening revelations in reponse to lester's wormy denials and the other 2's cowardly hiding...it's going to get ugly - just end it and get rid of them

Trading Beckett and Lester would be an absolutely monumental mistake, i hope that any GM that would even consider it would be FIRED immediately. Lets trade away two of the better starting pitchers in the American league even though pitching was the weakness of this team, that's a great idea, maybe Henry should call you up to be the GM. Dustin was dreadful his first 2 months in a sox uniform, would you have cut him. Papi started out 2009 and 2010 in dreadful fashion, would you have traded or cut him. Baseball isn't about Knee Jerk reactions based on unverified information.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The smart move was never to give Beckett that kind of extension in the first place.  Now we have Josh being Josh thanks to Theo being Theo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Your likely to get a bag of  donuts for Lackey (if he doesn't scarf them first).  but
    I am sure if you eat half of his $15.9 million per year salary  someone will trade you a position player or  4th starter..

Beckett at $17 million  who would he interest?  Braves  won't bite on his $$.. Mariners?  maybe a trade of Beckett - and a prospect  for king Felix and a prospect?  If  nothing big    then keep him...

Lester -  I'd give him a 2nd chance   under a new manager  and pitching coach.

But Sox pitchers will cry like babies next year that they are under their 3rd pitchng oach in  3 years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

My old Signature Line was something to the effect that no team would take Beckett and his contract for a Player To Be Named Later.  Of course, I was bashed to the hilt.......I think that a realistic trade (ie cleaning up the mess that Price Theo left behind) would be trading Beckett and $10 Million Dollars for a mediocre yet semi-established player. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]Lackey has to go. Beckett?  Trading him would be a smart move - as he is a complete a hole Lester - keep him.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]
    Your post makes sense. It is too early to give up on Lester. Lackey is a total waste. Beckett's attitude is questionable but he certainly has more trade value than Lackey. I truly feel that Lester can do a very nice job for the Sox if he is separated from the bad influences.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Do you think that Lester can get back the 3-4 MPH on his fastball and the late movement on his slider/slurve/cutter (whatever it is) once Beckett and Lackey are off the team?

Sections
Shortcuts