We won the World Series last year and now it is July and I am so sad.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

We won the World Series last year and now it is July and I am so sad.

The hysteria around here is laughable.

Buy some kleenex.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: We won the World Series last year and now it is July and I am so sad.

I know. I'm hysterical. I can't stand it. I just don't understand why we can't win every year. What's so hard about that? We've only won three WS in 10 years! Only three! It's a shame, and I'm embarrassed for the entire Red Sox organization. It's just a terrible job on everyone's part. Losers.

Other names I have posted under: None

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Yeah but that World Series shouldn't even count.  Lucky!  Aberration!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Fa Sho my ninja!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

LEAVE RED SOX FANS ALONE LEAVE THEM ALONE 

:,-(

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I hear you guys. The fans of Red Sox Nation truly are a bunch of moronic fools for being upset that we have the worst team in 45 yrs and are out of contention before the trading deadline. Management has truly done a stellar job anticipating the clubs needs, and the product on the field shows that. Puleeeeze! I realize the desire to spin and try to deflect criticism for this years abysmal failures, but don't you dare mock the legitimate crushed feelings of many TRUE fans. I'm sorry, but showing your parents the A on your report card from last year should in no way offer mitigation for the F on your card for this year. Each year is it's own, and the Red Sox fans deserve maximum effort for each and every one of them. We certainly can't win them all, and I know of no fans here who think we should or will. But suggesting that legitimate anger and sadness over this years debacle is somehow foolish and worthy of mockery, is an argument that I find offensive.

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

I'm not sad (except when i read kimsaysnothing's posts) I actually enjoy this new mutation of the RED SOX. If a team is going to be bad, be terribly bad; it's much more interesting. Thank god they didn't mutate into a boring .500 ball club. That would have been the pits.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

it is what it is - an epic collapse...but I am worried about the future given our philosophy of signing proven players 

As always - 100% correct!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I would say that it is not so much that some of us want to 'defelect' or 'spin'.  Its just that its so weird that people on this board get so overwrought with judgemental hostility and bitterness.  I know its an internet forum and thus there is a strong tendency for  people to behave in a way they do not in the real world.  But, frankly, I would never associate in the real world with people who would act like that.  Even my most ardent Sox fan friends and family, we get emotional (I admit I was tearing up on the phone talking to my dad about losing Lester last night), but we don't act like total mean-spirited tools when discussing the Sox.  Baseball is a good time.  Like I said, i know its the internet and some people's internet social graces are diametrically opposed to their actual real life behavior, but that doesn't make it any less douchey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

A reasonable post Space, and I do agree. There is something about message boards that often brings out the worst in people. If everyone tried to post exactly as if they were standing face to face, no doubt this and all boards would be a lot more civil. This is a very tough time for the Nation, but I don't doubt that we will survive this season as we have all the others. I encourage folks here to give folks time to grieve over the loss of beloved players and a wasted season. Let them vent a bit, as we all heal at different rates. Soon the excitement of what we're building for next season will take hold, and our collective focus will shift. The Nation will endure...as always.

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would say that it is not so much that some of us want to 'defelect' or 'spin'.  Its just that its so weird that people on this board get so overwrought with judgemental hostility and bitterness.  I know its an internet forum and thus there is a strong tendency for  people to behave in a way they do not in the real world.  But, frankly, I would never associate in the real world with people who would act like that.  Even my most ardent Sox fan friends and family, we get emotional (I admit I was tearing up on the phone talking to my dad about losing Lester last night), but we don't act like total mean-spirited tools when discussing the Sox.  Baseball is a good time.  Like I said, i know its the internet and some people's internet social graces are diametrically opposed to their actual real life behavior, but that doesn't make it any less douchey.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to Teakus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hear you guys. The fans of Red Sox Nation truly are a bunch of moronic fools for being upset that we have the worst team in 45 yrs and are out of contention before the trading deadline. Management has truly done a stellar job anticipating the clubs needs, and the product on the field shows that. Puleeeeze! I realize the desire to spin and try to deflect criticism for this years abysmal failures, but don't you dare mock the legitimate crushed feelings of many TRUE fans. I'm sorry, but showing your parents the A on your report card from last year should in no way offer mitigation for the F on your card for this year. Each year is it's own, and the Red Sox fans deserve maximum effort for each and every one of them. We certainly can't win them all, and I know of no fans here who think we should or will. But suggesting that legitimate anger and sadness over this years debacle is somehow foolish and worthy of mockery, is an argument that I find offensive.

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!

[/QUOTE]

yes legitimate anger and sadness over a baseball team that is 7 months removed from a WS win is foolish and deserves to be mocked.  Sorry to offend you friend.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Smoe people are entitled around here and they act like fools. it is what is is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Both feet in the sycophant camp here.  The entitlement mentality around here is nauseating.

So yes I dare...DARE!! I say...to contribute to the mocking of the chicken littles in here.

You are spoiled and undeserving.  Now go take your baby rattle elsewhere!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to SleeStack1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Both feet in the sycophant camp here.  The entitlement mentality around here is nauseating.

So yes I dare...DARE!! I say...to contribute to the mocking of the chicken littles in here.

[/QUOTE]

Is that avatar your wife? I hope she cooks better than she looks.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SleeStack1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is that avatar your wife? I hope she cooks better than she looks.

[/QUOTE]

So, if someone criticizes negative posters here, you take a shot at their wife? Again, I don't understand why posters don't see you for who you really are here.

And I bet you don't have a wife you don't have to blow up every night.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!

[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!

I also love the anti-whiner whiners who don't seem to understand why RS FANS could possibly be the least bif upset about letting our 2 BEST PITCHERS, who just won us a WSC, walk with relatively little in return, and leaving the #1 and #2 spots in our SR EMPTY, with little to no chance of filling those spots in the near future.

I love these guys who think they are the real deal RS fans, and mock all others as spoiled whiners if we dare say we are upset about something.

Get a life, you pretentious prycks!    ;)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!

[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!

I also love the anti-whiner whiners who don't seem to understand why RS FANS could possibly be the least bif upset about letting our 2 BEST PITCHERS, who just won us a WSC, walk with relatively little in return, and leaving the #1 and #2 spots in our SR EMPTY, with little to no chance of filling those spots in the near future.

I love these guys who think they are the real deal RS fans, and mock all others as spoiled whiners if we dare say we are upset about something.

Get a life, you pretentious prycks!    ;)

[/QUOTE]

Dude.  You were crying on another thread about how the Red Sox were going to be in last place for years.

They won't and you sounded dumb.

Get over it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Being upset…go do it.

Crying for hours like an entitled baby about how bad the team is when they just won a WS?…lame

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:

Being upset…go do it.

Crying for hours like an entitled baby about how bad the team is when they just won a WS?…lame

Dude,  It was called giving the "sell sell sell crowd" a wake up call.   Giving the "don't give anybody, even your ace, a fair market value w/ a home town discount contract" crowd a wake up call.

What I was saying is.........   Now you're getting what you wanted, as in DON'T PAY ANYBODY.  Now your 2 best pitchers are GONE.  What wins championships?  Yes!  PITCHING.  I was saying that replacing great pitching does not come on the cheap, and it's GOING TO TAKE YEARS to replace.  

You call talking baseball axioms crying and whining?  Get over your bad self!  Too cool by half!  You don't blink an eye when your team potentially just gutted / did just gut their SR because you're the "real deal ice water in you veins" RS fan?   Oooooooooooh!  I can't compete with your bad azz self.

Cut the shhyte!  Get over yourself.  Too chill by half.

It's called an opinion.  A fan's emotional reaction based on good baseball sense & sound reason.  Deal with it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Being upset…go do it.

[/QUOTE]

Dude,  It was called giving the "sell sell sell crowd" a wake up call.   Giving the "don't give anybody, even your ace, a fair market value w/ a home town discount contract" crowd a wake up call.

What I was saying is.........   Now you're getting what you wanted, s in DON'T PAY ANYBODY.  Now your 2 best pitchers are GONE.  What wins championships?  Yes!  PITCHING.  I was saying that replacing great pitching does notcome on the cheap, and it's GOING TO TAKE YEARS to replace.  

You call talking baseball axioms crying and whining?  Get over your bad self!  Too cool by half!  You don't blink an eye when your team potentially just gutted / did just gut their SR because you're the "real deal ice water in you veins" RS fan?   Oooooooooooh!  I can't compete with your bad azz self.

It's called an opinion.  A fan's emotional reaction based on good baseball sense & sound reason.  Deal with it.

[/QUOTE]

Nope..I didn't blink an eye.  I have been a fan around 35 years and have seen a lot in that time. You think I am going to cry over Jon Lester being traded as opposed to giving him a 6 year contract for 20 million a year?

An opinion is usually based on facts.

What I read here by you, and by others  was based on hysteria. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Being upset…go do it.

[/QUOTE]

What I was saying is.........   Now you're getting what you wanted, s in DON'T PAY ANYBODY.  Now your 2 best pitchers are GONE.  What wins championships?  Yes!  PITCHING.  I was saying that replacing great pitching does notcome on the cheap, and it's GOING TO TAKE YEARS to replace.  

[/QUOTE]

Nope..I didn't blink an eye.  I have been a fan around 35 years and have seen a lot in that time. You think I am going to cry over Jon Lester being traded as opposed to giving him a 6 year contract for 20 million a year?

An opinion is usually based on facts.

What I read here by you, and by others  was based on hysteria. 

[/QUOTE]

Then stick with the facts.  We absolutely could have had Lester before the season at about 5 years 100M.  Instead we offered hin 4 yr 70M.  An absolute in your face insult.  We should have given Lackey a 2 yr extension at about 2 year 20 M for 2015 / 16.  Still a good contract.  This is certainly arguable.

Lester & Lackey have become a formidable 1 / 2 punch.  Letting especially Lester walk for a 1 yr rental guy was not smart business IMO.  My opinion is based on the Fact that we could & should have kept our proven pitching 1 & 2 in the SR.

Instead, we sold both in a position of weakness.  Again.......   What wins WS chmpionships as it did last year?

Not hysteria!  An opinion based on facts & baseball axioms.  Get over your bad azz self.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank N Stein. Show Frank N Stein's posts

Just skip every other year. 

Because the ownership group loves T.V. ratings.

And what's better for T.V. than the reality show that the team has become?

Highs and lows are good for ratings. Sure they''ll lose viewers for the next two months , but we're all suckers and we'll be back with high hopes next year when Cherry opens up Henry's wallet and buys a new starting rotation and bullpen.....because that's what it will take to get this team over .500.

Then after they win next year ( or in 2016) they'll drop to the bottom again. 

This ownership group is not about being consistent. It has been a roller coaster of highest highs and lowest lows.

The only thing I can think is that it is good for souvenier sales and ratings to have a team come back from the dead every year or two or three. 

I mean last place again????...seriously?...how did these October heroes become duds in a few short months.

I smell a conspiracy.

25. This post has been removed.