we won't like .................it but he's right

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: we won't like .................it but he's right

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The 2011 NL MVP caught cheating the 2012 AS game MVP caught cheating.

Wake up.

[/QUOTE]

Which proves that the testing is working. 

This is much like any law passed by any legislature.  You can't STOP people from doing illegal things, but you can make the penalty so severe that others will think twice about doing it.

Given the choice between doing somethting and NOT doing something, I still think MLB is doing the right thing.

So tell me, TWY.  What would YOU do to stop steroid abuse?  Or are you one of those "anything goes" people?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

It's good to see that Melky "manned up" and said and did all the right things, taking full responsibility for what happened.  He'd make a good role model for Roger. 

Now let's hope he doesn't shoot himself in the foot by "pulling a Manny" and using again. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The 2011 NL MVP caught cheating the 2012 AS game MVP caught cheating.

Wake up.

[/QUOTE]

Which proves that the testing is working. 

This is much like any law passed by any legislature.  You can't STOP people from doing illegal things, but you can make the penalty so severe that others will think twice about doing it.

Given the choice between doing somethting and NOT doing something, I still think MLB is doing the right thing.

So tell me, TWY.  What would YOU do to stop steroid abuse?  Or are you one of those "anything goes" people?

[/QUOTE]

It proves that the PED/urine tests work on those tested but not all players are tested during the course of the season and none are tested for HGH.

The system is working? I suppose if you catch 2 of the biggest stars within a half year of each other by doing random tests. Like a blind squirrel finding nuts.

But then you have to wonder just how many are using either PEDs or HGH with these lax test standards in place.

It's not any diiferent then it was year prior from what I see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

It's good to see that Melky "manned up" and said and did all the right things, taking full responsibility for what happened.  He'd make a good role model for Roger. 

Now let's hope he doesn't shoot himself in the foot by "pulling a Manny" and using again. 

[/QUOTE]

Melky has ruined his career.

He was up for a pay-off year as far as free agency goes.

Now he'll be lucky to get a 1 year deal probably in a second rate market.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Melky has ruined his career.

He was up for a pay-off year as far as free agency goes.

Now he'll be lucky to get a 1 year deal probably in a second rate market.

[/QUOTE]

You're right in that he's going to pay a huge financial price for this. OTOH, if you're also right and he gets a one year deal in a second rate market AND stays clean there'll be some team who'll later take a chance on him.

IF he stays clean and IF he can play at his previous level with PED's he'll be back.  People are willing to forgive anyone who talks and demonstrates contrition.  Especially people who can use Melky to win games and make money for them. 

Heck..look at Manny and Arod, and they weren't even contrite! :-)

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

awwww.  come on bud.  i was hoping to get the AL 2003 Pennant unfurled at the Fens.

see:  2 ALCS game 7 giambi HR's that scraped the wall.

[/QUOTE]

But then there's the Ortiz homer in game 4 of 2004; what goes around comes around.