Wearing of the Red Sox uniform or any uniform!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OKRedSoxFan. Show OKRedSoxFan's posts

Wearing of the Red Sox uniform or any uniform!

I am one of those individual's who thought Napoli leaving his shirt unbuttoned looked sloppy!  I don't think anyone is questioning his value or contributions to this year's team.  A uniform is designed to reflect pride in an organization....whether it's a baseball team, public servant or a military service member.  Guess I'm old fashion, but you don't see a lot other teams with this unbuttoned look.  Let the arrows fly........Smile

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Re: Wearing of the Red Sox uniform or any uniform!

In response to OKRedSoxFan's comment:

I am one of those individual's who thought Napoli leaving his shirt unbuttoned looked sloppy!  I don't think anyone is questioning his value or contributions to this year's team.  A uniform is designed to reflect pride in an organization....whether it's a baseball team, public servant or a military service member.  Guess I'm old fashion, but you don't see a lot other teams with this unbuttoned look.  Let the arrows fly........Smile

I agree. In almost every line of work there is some type of dress code and or policy about what to wear and how to wear it.

Baseball is a lot more lax then all of the other sports league, particularly the NFL where they regulate the height of your socks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Apparently, the beat writer Peter Abraham is very frustrated with fans questioning about Naps' unbuttoned uni.  I don't like him.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i'll take dirt dogs over clean shaven buttoned up everytime.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

I don't have a problem with the un-button thing,  but..... 

The tilted caps with the flattened bill...  irks me to no end!!  Put your cap on straight and represent the franchise that is paying you big money to rep them with class.

Also wish all players would wear their pants alike.  Some with the high stirrups,  some with their pant legs down to the cleat and beyond.  Not as much of an issue with me as the cap thing,  but still think they should all wear their uni's somewhat alike.

Just my take....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

The tilted caps with the flattened bill...  irks me to no end!!  Put your cap on straight and represent the franchise that is paying you big money to rep them with class.

Also wish all players would wear their pants alike.  Some with the high stirrups,  some with their pant legs down to the cleat and beyond.  Not as much of an issue with me as the cap thing,  but still think they should all wear their uni's somewhat alike.

Just my take....

after reading your whole post

seems kinda weird that you would have NP

with the un-button thing

Just my take....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Just my take....

after reading your whole post

seems kinda weird that you would have NP

with the un-button thing

Just my take....

You're a Yankee fan...  did you appreciate it last year when ya'll had Raphael Soriano wearing the sideways cap,  and pulling out the jersey the moment he got the last out as your closer.  I don't think George would have.  And I know of Yankee fan friends of mine that did'nt either.  It's disrespectful IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

don't mind the buttons. The sideways and/or flatbrim caps irritate me though.

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I hate when they get grass stains or dirt on their uniforms.They should make rules about not sliding or diving for a ball.It's just messy!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

You're a Yankee fan...  did you appreciate it last year when ya'll had Raphael Soriano wearing the sideways cap, 

to be honest I don't remember him doing it

I think CC does it too but not like rodney

yeah it bothers me a tad

but IMO no different than the unbutton shirt

I'm surprised U & mef separate the 2

and pulling out the jersey the moment he got the last out as your closer. 

once I finally figure out what he was doing

I thought that was unique, game over my job is done,  and figured

it wasn't as bad as some of the fist pumping we see

can't remember who but I saw someone else do it recently

I don't think George would have.  And I know of Yankee fan friends of mine that did'nt either.  It's disrespectful IMO.

I think you R right

but IMO the unbutton shirt falls into the same category as the crooked hat

neither upsets me but would prefer a little more professionalism

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

I hate when they get grass stains or dirt on their uniforms.They should make rules about not sliding or diving for a ball.It's just messy!

LOL mr mojo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Zac, wearing your hit tilted to the side makes you look like a punk. The same should not be said about an undone button!

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to OKRedSoxFan's comment:

If Naps hit a homer to win the world series would you still be unset that his shirt was unbuttoned? Just think you have to much time on your hands and need to find something to take your mind off the little things that bother you. Just to let you know ,players on every team have guys with open shirts. Relax and have a few cold ones.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Just my take....

My problem is when I have to write Naps name with a K at the end...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

To each their own.  Personally, I like the tilted bill cap.  It is a simultaneous nod to the streets and to the old school.  But, I absolutely abhor the no-stockingp-reveal pants-to-the-shoes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Totally! And have  you noticed how much they perspire during day games?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Dislike the way Fernando Rodney wears his hat.
    Dislike the way players wear the pants like regular pants.

Dislike the way some wear the pants too high. Also that some wear soxs with stripes and some not on the same team.

I also miss players who wear stirrup soxs with white soxs underneath

No issue with one button but two I dislike.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Dislike the way Fernando Rodney wears his hat.
    Dislike the way players wear the pants like regular pants.

Dislike the way some wear the pants too high. Also that some wear soxs with stripes and some not on the same team.

I also miss players who wear stirrup soxs with white soxs underneath

No issue with one button but two I dislike.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

Not to picky but do agree with you that Fernando Rodney should wear his hat like it was meant to be... Straight...... I think CC  Safat azz wears it like that also. Getto thing i guess. Only other thing to do is if they want the hat on side ways is to  have thier neck snaped so head is faceing to the right. Good thing they don't catch. lol lol