Webster and Ranaudo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Webster and Ranaudo

They both pitched strong back to back games for Pawtucket and Portland respectively.  Little bit concerned that our #1 pitching prospect is having a rough start but Webster and Ranaudo are pitching like aces.  Hope Ranaudo stays away from injury and completes season with the Pawtucket Red Sox.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Webster and Ranaudo

Any word on PAPI  ???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Any word on PAPI  ???

y asking me?

since you asked, Papi will likely have setback related with his heels reports say.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Any word on PAPI  ???

wrong thread

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Any word on PAPI  ???

go to your own thread Bill...have a little respect will ya!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Barnes will need to get adjusted to AA and the advanced hitting and pitching involved. He didnt do as well at High-A and I would expect some struggles this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

They both pitched strong back to back games for Pawtucket and Portland respectively.  Little bit concerned that our #1 pitching prospect is having a rough start but Webster and Ranaudo are pitching like aces.  Hope Ranaudo stays away from injury and completes season with the Pawtucket Red Sox.  

Webster may be in Boston before long. Still have some hopes for Ranaudo, but I think it is very possible that Barnes is overrated.  He stumbled a bit when promoted to high A , now he is struggling. So far , his only success has been in low A.  Not giving up on him , but he is not the sure thing that many thought.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Webster is our #1 pitching prospect.  I dont care what soxprospects reads.

98 MPH sinker.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I remember how hyped Ranaudo was after we drafted him in 2010, but he's kind of been forgotten since then as he's dealt with injuries and what not. It's great to see him back on the right track.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If Ranaudo gets back on track from the injuries he will shoot right up the prospect charts. Hes got some nasty stuff.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Raunado was pick for comeback player of the year.  I remember when everyone followed him like they followed Barnes last year.  I remember 3 years ago he was considered the second best college pitcher behind Stephen Strausburg (not putting him on that level)

I think people underestimate how much injury set him back last year.  And when he did get to pitching he was just horrible because he never had a chance to ramp up and the Sox just enevitebly shut him down.  I think this is one reason why they like to send a lot of guys to winter ball so they can make up for their development.  Salem to Portland is a big jump, and with just a bit more progression and consistency he just may be a big league starter yet.

I'm not worried about Barnes, he slowed down last season because it was his first full season of professional baseball and that happens to a lot of players and YES it was also facing higher competition.  This season is still very young, and even if his struggles are as bad as they seem there is still no reason to believe he will not make any adjustments.  I think it's way to early to write him off.....The same can be said about Xander Bogaerts, the kid is almost a consensus top 10 in all of baseball and he looks horrible right now.  

I'm 100% in love with what I'm seeing from Webster.  last year all the talk was about RDLR but I really think Webster just may end up being the better pitcher of the two. 

another guy who has been pitching great is Henry Owens.  If Barnes starts to pick it up (even without him) pitching depth looks really good in the minors right about now.  I know we don't have that sure shot top of the rotation starter but we got a LOT of #2#3 talent. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Webster is our #1 pitching prospect.  I dont care what soxprospects reads.

98 MPH sinker.

If Webster isn't the #1 prospect then Ruby De La Rosa is ! You can't teach 101 mph fastball or the Pedro taught circle change!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Any word on PAPI  ???

Psst, Papi isn't a minor league pitcher.

Seriously, you are no longer even lucid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

after the trade I have always had the young guys ranked:

Ruby. Ranaudo. Webster. Barnes. Britton. Owens.

I have not seen Montas, Light and Buttrey pitch yet, but also like their size and future ability to put on muscle and weight, like the radar gun readings and age.

Bright, bright future for the RS with young arms.

IMO it is the #1 reason Farrell was hired, with his philosophy on pitching and pitchers permeating thru the entire organization.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I would rank them as below:

1) Webster

2) RDLR

3) Ranaudo

4) Barnes

5) Owens

and then who knows with the rest. Britton has a chance. Buttrey didn't even get a full season call yet this year so that isn't looking good so far. Hernandez might have a mlb career somewhere. Wright is a complete guess to me. Pena has a shot. Montaz probably ends up a reliever to me. I'm probably forgetting a few.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

1) Webster

2) RDLR

3) Owens (I prioritize upside over MLB readiness)

4) Barnes

5) Renaudo (he has a lot of things he needs to work on)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[/QUOTE]

And you need to learn our players' names first.  Even the headline spells out his name.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

And you need to learn our players' names first.  Even the headline spells out his name.  

[/QUOTE]

No I dont, you knew who I meant.

Ranaudo, despite having success this year, is still showing issuew with repeating his release point and mechanics.  This can be very difficult for someone over 6'5" to do (a lot of flailing when you're that lanky).  On top of that, his changeup remains a work in progress, and his fastball velocity sits at 93-94. Which appears faster than that becasue he's 6'7".  He also needs to work on control and poise (he could never right the ship after a poor start last year).

Im not saying he's a bust, Im just saying that I favor Webster , De La Rosa, and Owens

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Drewski, first off let me amend my list a little since Pena was suspended for 50 games this morning. Regarding Owens, his fastball sits at 90-91 and that is not that exciting eaither and he is a long way from the majors putting up pretty bad numbers except for his stikeout totals. 

But....I had the same issues you did and thought a bit about the placement also. Some poeple think Owns is actually our top pitching prospect ( recent statements on soxprospects by one or 2 guys ). The guy has super strikeout stuff. But is it quirky and over time will hitters figure him out?

He also is tall and lanky with major control issues. Looks to be making strides this year though.

Ergo, I went with the more advanced prospect who may well be ready to put up good numbers this year. No hits in 5 innings last start, only 1 walk and a hbp in 5 innings. After another good start in AA. He has been streaky both in college and in the pros. Gotta go with the flow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Lots of guys do well in A ball and then get hammered in AA. It is amazing how big a difference it is. Look at Barnes right now. He better get that changeup and off speed stuff ready as he is going to need it.