Webster will start tomorrow, Doubie to pen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Webster will start tomorrow, Doubie to pen

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 1m

Webster starts tomorrow. Doubront to bullpen beginning tonight.

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/05/07/report-red-sox-recall-allen-webster-from-triple-a/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Webster will start tomorrow, Doubie to pen

GOOD MOVE !!!!  that gives us another left hander out of the pen.....  Also, as much as I like Doubront, he has a history of a 5 inning guy !!   Webster is "STRONG" !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hopefully Webster can give us at least 6 IP. Dont expect miracles from him, just a QS will be good enough as far as Im concerned. That gives us 3 LHP now in the pen. Miller, Breslow, Doubie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

If true, I agree it's a good move to help the bullpen.  Webster starting is a plus. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Dont get too worked up over this. Doubie is slated to make his start next week on their road trip.

Sean McAdam @Sean_McAdam 

Farrell stresses that Webster here for short-term and move of Doubront to bullpen is short-term

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Is this temporary move while our closers are out?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hanrahan had no structural damage in his elbow on his MRI. Just inflammation. He should only be out a couple weeks as of right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Heres the latest

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/05/07/red-sox-recall-allen-webster-from-triple-a-place-joel-hanrahan-on-dl/

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Hopefully Webster can give us at least 6 IP. Dont expect miracles from him, just a QS will be good enough as far as Im concerned. That gives us 3 LHP now in the pen. Miller, Breslow, Doubie.

getting do-bee out of the starting rotation is great news. putting him in the bullpen, not so great. remember, it's still do-bee.

Im sure he wont be their first couple options out of the pen. unless mop up duty.  hes gonna start next week.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Is this temporary move while our closers are out?

webster's results as a starter will determine if it's temporary. hoping he succeeds, because i don't enjoy watching do-bee pitch. 

on the link above, Farrell said Doubront will return to the rotation on his next start.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Farrell should not have said anything. You're telling me that if Webster pitches well, they will put Doubront back in rotation? No.

And what is going to change next week where Doubront will get inserted back in rotation? They won't put Webster in bullpen so who will come up?

Bottom line is this is a smart move. If Webster performs, he stays.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Hopefully Webster can give us at least 6 IP. Dont expect miracles from him, just a QS will be good enough as far as Im concerned.

This 6 IP routine isn't going to cut it. I don't think expecting 7 innings and 4ER is "a miracle", against the mighty Twins. 

thanks, but i didnt define "miracles", nor do I think 7IP qualifies as one...Combative much?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Hopefully Webster can give us at least 6 IP. Dont expect miracles from him, just a QS will be good enough as far as Im concerned.

This 6 IP routine isn't going to cut it. I don't think expecting 7 innings and 4ER is "a miracle", against the mighty Twins. 

a miracle would be you losing the attitude and finding some intelligence.

Preach!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Hanrahan had no structural damage in his elbow on his MRI. Just inflammation. He should only be out a couple weeks as of right now.

I can't wait until this Gagne profile returns in a "couple of weeks".

There you go again.  Unfortunately, I think you are justified.  I don't like Hanrahan at all. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I like Farrel a lot. He tries to win every single game and he thinks outside the box. He is prudent with his pitchers, trying very hard to keep them fresh.  A straight shooter and also flexible. I think he's great.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

thanks, but i didnt define "miracles", nor do I think 7IP qualifies as one...Combative much?

"Miracles" and "combative", hyberbole and get hyper-defensive, much?

not at all...But I can understand why you do...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

getting do-bee out of the starting rotation is great news. putting him in the bullpen, not so great. remember, it's still do-bee.

Im sure he wont be their first couple options out of the pen. unless mop up duty.  hes gonna start next week.

He can take the role of waving the white flag pitcher! Mortenson has been pitching everyday for the last week.

Sections
Shortcuts