Webster will start tomorrow, Doubie to pen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Webster will start tomorrow, Doubie to pen

This is all good.  doubront to the pen adds a decent arm in time of need.  And even as a spot start,  love Webster getting another chance to shine.  Removing Doubront from the rotation is no easy issue.  he earned his spot last year, even if he did nothing but pitch papusas into his mouth all winter.  But the more spot starts Webster is a hoss in, the easier it will be this summer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

If true, I agree it's a good move to help the bullpen.  Webster starting is a plus. 

I am not so sure Doobie will help us in the pen either. You cannot have relief pitchers who come in and throw balls, not strikes. Its surprising how quickly he was demoted.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

If true, I agree it's a good move to help the bullpen.  Webster starting is a plus. 

I am not so sure Doobie will help us in the pen either. You cannot have relief pitchers who come in and throw balls, not strikes. Its surprising how quickly he was demoted.

To be fair, throwing balls and strikes as a starter is a bit different than throwing balls and strikes out of the pen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

This could be just to get Doobie's attention. If so, it was a good move.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Farrell said today it was a short term thing. As of right now anyway...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I suspect its because he felt Doobie could handle relieving better than Webster, and another bullpen arm was needed. I sure hope this gets Doobie's attention.

Farrell said today it was a short term thing. As of right now anyway...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Hoping Webster shines!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Hopefully Webster can give us at least 6 IP. Dont expect miracles from him, just a QS will be good enough as far as Im concerned.

This 6 IP routine isn't going to cut it. I don't think expecting 7 innings and 4ER is "a miracle", against the mighty Twins. 

a miracle would be you losing the attitude and finding some intelligence.

Kind of odd how Softie denigrates a QS, which is 6 IPs and 3 or less ERs, but seem sto prefer 7 IPs and 4 ERs.  Why would anyone value one extra inning, at a cost of one extra run?  Kind of a takoff of the old joke '$6 each, or 2/$13', but I think Sifty really thinks that 4 ER/7IP is better than 3 ER/6IP.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

nice to see webster getting the call up and the chance to start, hopefully he dominates and forces the sox to keep him in the rotation. he should be given every chance to earn a spot. its not like doubront has earned his spot, he has be average at best and has been struggling to make it through the 6th inning most nights. thats not what we need out of our starters. if webster gives us a better chance to win, the he should be starting, plain and simple. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Good, I was hoping.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

love Webster getting another chance to shine

Your hyperbole gets another chance to pipe dream.

Hyperbole?  Please elaborate.  Did Webster not shine in his first opportunity?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to mryazz's comment:

Hopefully Webster can give us at least 6 IP. Dont expect miracles from him, just a QS will be good enough as far as Im concerned.

This 6 IP routine isn't going to cut it. I don't think expecting 7 innings and 4ER is "a miracle", against the mighty Twins. 

a miracle would be you losing the attitude and finding some intelligence.

Kind of odd how Softie denigrates a QS, which is 6 IPs and 3 or less ERs, but seem sto prefer 7 IPs and 4 ERs.  Why would anyone value one extra inning, at a cost of one extra run?  Kind of a takoff of the old joke '$6 each, or 2/$13', but I think Sifty really thinks that 4 ER/7IP is better than 3 ER/6IP.

Average 6 innings a start really saves you bullpen when you have 7 guys. It is the 5 innings starts that are killer. But really softy is just move the goal post. Last year he said pitching was fine now he is saying it isn't good enough, even though it is light years ahead of last year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Kind of odd how Softie denigrates a QS, which is 6 IPs and 3 or less ERs, but seem sto prefer 7 IPs and 4 ERs. Why would anyone value one extra inning, at a cost of one extra run? Kind of a takoff of the old joke '$6 each, or 2/$13', but I think Sifty really thinks that 4 ER/7IP is better than 3 ER/6IP.

Joek, in trying to impress the apes on here, your strawman argument is pitiful. We have a giddy managment shill on here talking about "don't expect a miracle and 6 IP and 3ER", and you pretend that "he wants to trade one run for another inning pitched. Joe, you are trying to hard to impress the apes. Kind of like the old joke of 20 million a year for Crawbust and 10 million for a year of S. Drew, but you want a qualifying offer if S. Drew can put up an .800 OPS with half the games played in Fenway.

No, Joek, I don't pay any attention to baseball scoring on earned and earned runs and 6IP  and 3 ER via scoring as a litmus test for a quality start. But I've noted that you look up QS and place your value on that. You must have considred Tim Wakefield to be a great pitcher . 

You really haven't explain why 6 and 3 is bad with all those words in that post. Impressive.

Sections
Shortcuts