Wednes-DAY Sox game RED vs. WHITE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lxcellent. Show lxcellent's posts

Re: Wednes-DAY Sox game RED vs. WHITE

In Response to Re: Wednes-DAY Sox game RED vs. WHITE:
    Why 
    Posted by LondonRedSox

Catharsis, my firend, catharsis.  Don't you ever crave it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lxcellent. Show lxcellent's posts

Re: This team loves to get under the ball

In Response to Re: This team loves to get under the ball:
    In Response to This team loves to get under the ball : Yeah totally! Just like how Francona's tirade after the 2-10 start turned things around! Oh wait... that never happened.... Bad series, still we'll be fine.
    Posted by NUSoxFan

Do I really need to tell you that that was a different situation?  Opening the season versus being more than 1/3rd of the way through the season when you CANNOT afford to have a slip back of any kind.  This is like saying we should have the same approach to doing taxes on November 10th versus April 10th.  The end point is that much closer, so the impact of 4 game losing streaks to bad teams is that much worse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---. Show -The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: This team loves to get under the ball : Do I really need to tell you that that was a different situation?  Opening the season versus being more than 1/3rd of the way through the season when you CANNOT afford to have a slip back of any kind.  This is like saying we should have the same approach to doing taxes on November 10th versus April 10th.  The end point is that much closer, so the impact of 4 game losing streaks to bad teams is that much worse.

Posted by lxcellent

So you think games in June are more important than April games?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I bet the members of the '78 red flops wish they had won one more April game that year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lxcellent. Show lxcellent's posts

In Response to Re: This team loves to get under the ball : So you think games in June are more important than April games? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I bet the members of the '78 red flops wish they had won one more April game that year.
    Posted by -The--Babe---

In fact my focus in on losses, and YES, you cannot make up games in the loss column, so losses later in the season are always worse the losses early when you have the luxury of time to balance it with wins.  It is all about how close you are to the finish line.  I daresay, that we will look back on this four game losing streak in the same way that we saw Pedroia/Buchholz/Youk going down within and shortly after the Colorado series last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: This team loves to get under the ball : Do I really need to tell you that that was a different situation?  Opening the season versus being more than 1/3rd of the way through the season when you CANNOT afford to have a slip back of any kind.  This is like saying we should have the same approach to doing taxes on November 10th versus April 10th.  The end point is that much closer, so the impact of 4 game losing streaks to bad teams is that much worse.
    Posted by lxcellent

Team's lose series from time to time. We won the series vs Detriot, Cleveland, Chicago, and the Yanks. We're doin' just fine. Show me a few straight losing series and I'll start to get worried.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Positive spin is usually welcomed, but losing 3.5 games since Saturday night is a problem. The annoying thing is that you could see this coming from a mile away. If you'd asked me before this series, I'd have told you Chicago would at least win 2, maybe all 3. Everything was lined up for it. I'm sick of losing to Chicago, mostly b/c my brother is a White Sox fan. If Rich Hill is ok, I'll feel better, but for the dozenth time, every time you think this team has arrived they pull this. Every time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Positive spin is usually welcomed, but losing 3.5 games since Saturday night is a problem. The annoying thing is that you could see this coming from a mile away. If you'd asked me before this series, I'd have told you Chicago would at least win 2, maybe all 3. Everything was lined up for it. I'm sick of losing to Chicago, mostly b/c my brother is a White Sox fan. If Rich Hill is ok, I'll feel better, but for the dozenth time, every time you think this team has arrived they pull this. Every time.
    Posted by TheExaminer

They go on a small losing streak? Before this losing streak they had won 13 of 16 games. How much more "arrived" can they be before allowing a small skid?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Wednes-DAY Sox game RED vs. WHITE : They go on a small losing streak? Before this losing streak they had won 13 of 16 games. How much more "arrived" can they be before allowing a small skid?
    Posted by NUSoxFan

Sure, but there's a little more to it than just that. First of all, there's the Hill issue, that has to be resolved positively before we can feel better about this series because it goes to the makeup of the team as we go forward. But more than just that it goes to the team's identity, which is still being defined--for better or worse. As long as that's up in the air, it's hard for us fans to know what we have on our hands here, and therefore, we have discussions like this. People like Crawford, Pedroia, and Drew have got to start hittingmore consistently if the Sox are going anywhere. This team is only who we want them to be if they do what they normally do. They probably will, but aren't just yet. Getting swept by a team that couldn't hit granny's underhand changeup before this week says that there are still problems that need to be worked out. And like I said, it wasn't as if you didn't see this coming? Aceves and Wake were both due for a downer, and my brother is a W. Sox fan, so it's doubly annoying for me personally above other Red Sox fans. Hence the angst.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Winners play to win every game, conceding isn't in their vocabulary.  Some good that rested Pen did us today.

Re: Tuesday Game Thread

posted at 5/31/2011 9:44 PM EDT
    tcal2-
    First: 12/17/2010
    Last: 5/31/2011
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread:
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread : law of averages and day game tomorrow
    Posted by J-BAY

Refer to page 2.  I'm believer in playing to win every game because conceeding today doesn't guarantee a win tomorrow.  It only guarantees a loss today.

Sections
Shortcuts