Wednesday 6/29 Game Threrad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Wednesday 6/29 Game Threrad

oooops!   I leave the room for 1 min. & "the Nose" blows!  :(  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday 6/29 Game Threrad:
    [QUOTE]Worley has given up only 1 run in his last two starts; both no decisions due to the Phillies lack of hitting.  Don't expect a lot of runs from the Sox.  Lackey has to match the rookie.
    Posted by wlbpatriotsfan[/QUOTE]

I expect the sox to score 6 runs on this pitcher. Those pitches that Ortiz watched for strikes don't have anything on them - two FBs in low 90s with little movement and a mediocre off-speed. Ortiz will crush that on the next at bat and so will the other sox hitters.

Question is if Lackey can hold Phils to lower than 6.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Salty must have thought that was ball four to Brown because he was really slow to get up and throw.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Our guys need to jump on a first pitch strike occasionally like Ibanez just did.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

If Marco can get the count in his favor, I have to hit-and-run here. We need to force the action.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

More poor offense, can't even move a leadoff hit to 2nd.  I wonder if this is how the rest of the year is going to go.  Win streak, lose streak, decent play for a week, bad play for a week.  I know every team slumps, but losing 2 of 3 to the Padres at home and to the Bucs in Pittsburgh is just plain not indicative of a good team.  Yeah, I'm whining/venting a bit, but watching this team for the past week has been downright frustrating.  And the lower third of the lineup, even with Crawford coming back has been an absolute black hole.  Teams are going to start pitching around Adrian until someone lower in the lineup beats them.  And so far, nobody's stepped up to the plate (pun intended) besides Papi and on occasion, Youk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Paging the Red Sox offense: Come in please....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I will reiterate.  It's time to start jumping on the first good pitch they see.  Sox have sent ten batters to the plate so far.  Not a single one has swung at the first strike thrown.  It just makes it too easy for the pitcher if they don't mix it up a little. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Nice stroke, Pedey. Come on, Adrian. Launch time!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Just when you think we may be on to something offensively, Agon hit's into a twin killing.  Just not going well.  Like to see Youk step into one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Adrian got over-excited on that one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Youk fouls more balls off himself.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

well, ortiz hit it good...but

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Adrian is GIDP's at a Jim Rice-esque pace this year. That's 17 already. Amazingly Torii Hunter has one more than Adrian.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Against Milwaukee and the first game with San Diego, the Sox offense was looking like a well oiled machine. Then, all at once , everything went sour. Have to feel that they will snap out of soon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]He does realize he's not in there for his defense, right? 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
    hi all. joel you are as wrong as wrong can be on that. did you how gonzo charged that base hit in the first inning and intimidatively gunned it in to second. i dont see the phils daring to run on that gunand i see one sliding catch coming up.

btw joel, ur right, all of the northeastern states other than maine has legalized gay marriage... NY is just the biggest and perhaps most relevant "nationally"...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Adrian is GIDP's at a Jim Rice-esque pace this year. That's 17 already. Amazingly Torii Hunter has one more than Adrian.
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]
    Not sure of the stats , but it seems to me that the Sox hit into more double plays than anyone. Would like to see them hit and run more often to stay out of those rally killing D.P.s

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Wow. Gonzalez looked like he was moving in slow motion going toward that ball. Funny. LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Nice to have some juice in the line-up!!!  Feeling good about our chances!!  :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]
    i love interleague, may as well get it out of the way with the WS coming up. least it wont be shocking when we have to go with this lineup. great route running by gozo on that laser. great pick by ortiz. i dont know y everyone is down on papi playing first. papi is at least as good as howard. i've only seen him make one bad play, when the ball went under a bad webbing in his glove. makes all the plays hit to him or that he's supposed to make, kinda like today's JETER!

BTW, DOES LACKeY HAVE TO GIVE UP A HIT TO EVERY OTHER BATTER?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday 6/29 Game Threrad : Not sure of the stats , but it seems to me that the Sox hit into more double plays than anyone. Would like to see them hit and run more often to stay out of those rally killing D.P.s
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    lets see the unfleeted gonzo-youk-papi... bet thats where they all come from. add in lowrie when hitting 6th.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday 6/29 Game Threrad : hi all. joel you are as wrong as wrong can be on that. did you how gonzo charged that base hit in the first inning and intimidatively gunned it in to second. i dont see the phils daring to run on that gunand i see one sliding catch coming up. btw joel, ur right, all of the northeastern states other than maine has legalized gay marriage... NY is just the biggest and perhaps most relevant "nationally"...
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

That wasn't me, C-C.  Someone else here was talking about the NE states that had legalized same sex marriage.  It started when I stepped in for Yoshismi one evening.  And FWIW, I am hetero (just thought I should clear that up). 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

evening everyone......reddick with his second hit. need to get into phillys pen. lackeys looked ok

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday 6/29 Game Threrad : i love interleague, may as well get it out of the way with the WS coming up. least it wont be shocking when we have to go with this lineup. great route running by gozo on that laser. great pick by ortiz. i dont know y everyone is down on papi playing first. papi is at least as good as howard. i've only seen him make one bad play, when the ball went under a bad webbing in his glove. makes all the plays hit to him or that he's supposed to make, kinda like today's JETER! BTW, DOES LACKeY HAVE TO GIVE UP A HIT TO EVERY OTHER BATTER?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I concur.  I think David has been more than adequate at 1B the few times he's been sent out there. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

WOW!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What the? Gomer ties it up with a blast!