Wednesday 6/29 Game Threrad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Wednesday 6/29 Game Threrad

In Response to Re: Wednesday 6/29 Game Threrad:
    [QUOTE]And probably a mistake...
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    YEP, BUT CANT tito on that one. the guy only threw 88 pitches. give him every shot to win the game. no beef at all. took him out, likely was just there for the one batter esp if he got on.. not bad call

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Gonzalez in RF and the world has not yet ended. I say do it again tommorow, and a couple times in Houston too. He and Ortiz NEED to get time in in these positions. How much would it help the Sox to have that available if they make it to the WS? Be a good idea to have them ready just in case.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Camera caught Lackey saying "What the F?" when he realized he was being yanked.  I like the spirit.  He done good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]The All Star break cannot come soon enough. This looks like a tired and shot ballclub. Maybe the rest will help snap them out of it. The Yankees are going to pull away , if this continues.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

yankees werent playing well when sox were on a tear. now they are, sox aren't. it's the ebb and flow of the season. long way to go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I'd have let Lackey have another go at Ryan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

[QUOTE]Camera caught Lackey saying "What the F?" when he realized he was being yanked.  I like the spirit.  He done good.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Terry may have needed to leave him in. We may need his bat in the event we get a couple of guys on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Camera caught Lackey saying "What the F?" when he realized he was being yanked.  I like the spirit.  He done good.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

at 90 pitches, i think i may have let him finish.

if jake wasn't there to play the ball off the wall, would have been an in the park HR

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I thought that was gone. Can you imagine Lackey if it was?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

That was uncomfortably close to gone.  Can we please score now?  Please??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday 6/29 Game Threrad : Agreed. Terry may have needed to leave him in. We may need his bat in the event we get a couple of guys on.
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]

LOL...and BTW, I like the "in your face" attitude of Lackey too. He always pitches better when he has that approach, he just always does! Morales looks decent the last couple of nights.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Let's Go Sox!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday 6/29 Game Threrad : yankees werent playing well when sox were on a tear. now they are, sox aren't. it's the ebb and flow of the season. long way to go.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Seeing a little too much ebb and not enough flow. We look like we are caught in a rip tide, lately.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

That performance shows that Lackey was worth the 16 million a year he's paid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

reddick has 2 more hits... how do we justify not playing him everyday in right when craw is back?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday 6/29 Game Threrad : at 90 pitches, i think i may have let him finish. if jake wasnt there to play the ball off the wall, would have been an in the park HR
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Quite possibly.  Good point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I realize hindsight is 20-20, but why was Lackey allowed to hit when Ibanez was going to be the first guy up against him, and by the way owns him?  Not pulling a Tito-bash, but that was a bit strange.  He did deserve better, but at the end of the day, our offense has stunk as bad as it was good for a few weeks.  After nearly 18 innings, we're finally into the Philly pen, which is suppose to be it's underbelly, yet, their reliever went through the top of our order like a hot knife through butter.  We've now had two bad losing streaks, and two great winning streaks.  Perhaps we're just a streaky team, but unfortunately I don't think that will get the job done.  Yanks, less their record against us, are killing everyone.  We, less our record against the Yanks ain't all that impressive.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Because we have nothing better in the bench anyway.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

The Red Sox have the pop-up stroke working well. Their starter and pen is all magic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

back to back pukes

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The AGon and Papi experiment has had no effect, either good or bad. Neither one made an error or had a meaningful base hit.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

All these pop ups, looks just like early April all over again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

nice clean quick game but disappointing end!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Right now, I seriously doubt that this offense could score in brothel with a pocket full of Benjamins. Absolutely pathetic for the past week. If it wasn't for the defensive assists from Pittsburgh on Sunday, this would have been seven losses in a row. With a Cy Young-caliber lefty going tomorrow (which means you know who will be in the lineup), it's hard to envision us getting well then.

It's just unfathomable, to me, that this team could play this bad AGAIN. It's like I've gone back in time to the first two weeks of the year.

Ughh....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Girlie week inning.  Another unmotivated game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Nice game, Lackey. You deserved better.