Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles:
    [QUOTE]The Bard experiment reminds me of something the Reds did in 1991. They had so many injuries, they had to put Randy Myers in the rotation. Myers did ok--not stellar--but he threw a lot of pitches, labored, dropped in velocity, and was ultimately put back in the pen.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Good call....That was Lou rewarding Randy and Randy wanted a chance to start.  If Bard is the MVP of a post season series then he could start too.  Until then, he can enjoy his cake - from the pen!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

REBOOOT!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Oh brother. This pen like the transmission in my 167K Camaro, slipping the past few days. It's going to get a lot worse if this rotation doesn't start picking up the slack. IMO V pulled Bard a little too early. I'd have given him the rest of this inning, one more hitter at least.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

very glad I didn't post what I was thinking about Miller (that he looked imposing!) right before that dinger.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]Oh brother. This pen like the transmission in my 167K Camaro, slipping the past few days. It's going to get a lot worse if this rotation doesn't start picking up the slack. IMO V pulled Bard a little too early. I'd have given him the rest of this inning, one more hitter at least.

In hindsight I'd have to agree Exam but Bard had reached his magic 90 pitch count where he has imploded every game

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : 2 Wild Card Teams - the O's could be in the chase for the 2nd one. Sox have a LONG way to go - just to get out of the cellar or to above 500 O's have good pitching too this year.......so yeah all I said is it is POSSIBLE and if is possible then Buck Naked better be prepared for it
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Reminds me of last season.  You may recall that I started a thread in which I proclaimed x number of games back with x number of games to go.  We were struggling to climb above .500 at the time.  I see this season playing out the same way.  We'll be in it at the end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : Reminds me of last season.  You may recall that I started a thread in which I proclaimed x number of games back with x number of games to go.  We were struggling to climb above .500 at the time.  I see this season playing out the same way.  We'll be in it at the end.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

so do I. if we keep our heads above water, 5 or 6 back, we'll make a second half push.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Oh brother. This pen like the transmission in my 167K Camaro, slipping the past few days. It's going to get a lot worse if this rotation doesn't start picking up the slack. IMO V pulled Bard a little too early. I'd have given him the rest of this inning, one more hitter at least.

is there anything worse than a GM Transmission?  Maybe Chrysler but that's about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Gonzalez 9 for his last 45 now (.200).  Should BV consider moving him down in the order and bat Will or Youk ahead of him?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Adrian Boggs with a solid hit to left.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : Reminds me of last season.  You may recall that I started a thread in which I proclaimed x number of games back with x number of games to go.  We were struggling to climb above .500 at the time.  I see this season playing out the same way.  We'll be in it at the end.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

We had an MVP and a war-tested closer last year and by this time last year we had turned the corner

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : is there anything worse than a GM Transmission?  Maybe Chrysler but that's about it.

Actually it's been slipping for about 6 years, but keeps hanging on. Going to do a filter change and drop some Lucas treatment in it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Gonzalez 9 for his last 45 now (.200).  Should BV consider moving him down in the order and bat Will or Youk ahead of him?
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Tough call.  I think each game BV needs to exam the match up and at least consider it (ie don't just pencil him in 4th automatically).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]Gonzalez 9 for his last 45 now (.200).  Should BV consider moving him down in the order and bat Will or Youk ahead of him?
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Why not.....Texiera's batting 7th for NY

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Welcom back Youk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : Actually it's been slipping for about 6 years, but keeps hanging on. Going to do a filter change and drop some Lucas treatment in it.

You like the Lucas?

I have an older car.  Rebuilt the transmission...Then had more problems...It's been on jack stands for nearly 5 years now....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Ortiz is a "respectable" 1 for 12 in this series!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

way to protect that plate!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

had him totally off-balance & defensive at the end of that at bat

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

good pitching :(

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

anyone watching know why they pinch run for Youk behing Gonzalez?  i only have gameday

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : Tough call.  I think each game BV needs to exam the match up and at least consider it (ie don't just pencil him in 4th automatically).
    If nothing else, it splits up the two left handers.  I'm surprised BV hasn't already at least done that.  Why not have Will (or Youk now that he's back) batting between the two?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : You like the Lucas? I have an older car.  Rebuilt the transmission...Then had more problems...It's been on jack stands for nearly 5 years now....

Don't know,  never tried it before. I have SOME mechanical expertise, but not enough to rebuild a tran. The guy at the shop told me that if it was his, he'd just keep driving it til it went out. Told me a used tran can be gotten for 5-600 dollars, plus 5-6 hrs labor. The car is 14 years old, got to expect some problems.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]anyone watching know why they pinch run for Youk behing Gonzalez?  i only have gameday
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]

Defense!

I don't like it, but we'll see????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

LOL, Gameday showed that third pitch as a ball. Ump called it a strike.