Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles

Maybe Lin will go yard this inning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

SERIOUSLY, is it so wrong to wish gonzo plays some Rf in fenway esp with a lester or bucholz out there?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Something has got to be done about Gonzalez. If he's hurt, he needs to sit out or something. I don't know that he's ever been this hapless his whole career. It's getting uglier by the day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Maybe there is something wrong with A-Gon???  He just looks pathetic

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : excuse me/pardon moi, but looking at your avatar, i would like to tack on TWO!
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]ummm, i meant JACK on two!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

LinK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

BIG WIN!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

ace is so easy. with padilla and him, could pitch 5 days straight

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

3-4 from Cleveland, split with TB, 2-3 from Philly, 2-3 from the O's.  Back to .500 and back to Fenway.  These guys are good. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Great win, really needed this one. 2011 is a distant memory. Day off and back at the loathesome Rays on Friday. Afternoon all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Papelwho?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

BTW, Go Celtics!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Lin = Lynn?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]3-4 from Cleveland, split with TB, 2-3 from Philly, 2-3 from the O's.  Back to .500 and back to Fenway.  These guys are good. 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's nice to have long winning streaks, but if you just keep winning series after series, that's the kind of consistency that you need over the course of a season.

Nice way to end 20 games in 20 days.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

perfect example why BV is an upgrade over TF...bullpen managment...never afraid to go to aceves for four outs...paps couldnt do it and francona wouldnt allow it....

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Great win

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : We HAVE to hang on.  We have no choice. 
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

see??????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : Don't do it.  I had to look it up too and now I wish I hadn't.
    Posted by greenwellforpresident[/QUOTE]

You saw it.  You can't unsee it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Dear Mr. Cashman,

Thank you so very much for not having any faith in Mr. Afredo Aceves.

On behalf of the entire Red Sox Nation, we are grateful that your "judgement" has delivered to us our newest All Star Closer.

By the way, we would also like to extend to you a successful journey in finding a new closer for your organization.  It's kind of ironic isn't it?  I mean, Rivera and Robertson are both hurt now and the other guy you didn't want is your new closer?  Oh well, that's baseball. 

Again, thank you for all of your help this year.

Sincerely,

The Nation

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Wow, how far Alfredo has come in five weeks is pretty amazing. Nice win.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]perfect example why BV is an upgrade over TF...bullpen managment...never afraid to go to aceves for four outs...paps couldnt do it and francona wouldnt allow it....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    A little bit of apples-oranges there, geo. Francona also had Bard as a very effective (until September) set-up guy, so there wasn't as much reason to have Paps go four outs.
    Which isn't to say I don't applaud how Valentine is handling the pen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I think Ben should go ahead and get Oswalt.

Send Buck down.

Try to make a run for 6 weeks.

If it doesn't work out, then deal Roy at the AS Break and blow the thing up.

It doesn't really cost us too much - ~$5 million.....we don't lose anyone (we could get someone in return if we deal RO)......Buck has an option and he's our weakest link

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Afternoon Game Thread: Red Sox at Orioles : A little bit of apples-oranges there, geo. Francona also had Bard as a very effective (until September) set-up guy, so there wasn't as much reason to have Paps go four outs. Which isn't to say I don't applaud how Valentine is handling the pen.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Well, then again BV has 3 lefties to set things up too ......